+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Office Timeline After Test

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi all!
Any idea of the speed of the Ottawa office after test and interview? Granted my case is a bit different because we had to do finger prints AFTER the test and interview, but I wanted to know the average time people have waited after the test to DM and to Oath letter. Thanks!

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
We applied on Dec 5.
My wife and I did the test in Ottawa on Feb 17 and passed.
I got a finger print request on Feb 22 and sent it to them in early March.

My wife's status was changed to Decision Made today but my kids and my status are still In Process!

I hope mine will change to DM soon then and oath letter.

The_ottawa

May 15, 2014
The-Ottawan said:
We applied on Dec 5.

My wife's status was changed to Decision Made today but my kids and my status are still In Process!

Hi The-Ottawan,

I have the same time frame and situation as you from Ottawa. Did you get the fingerprint request from St. Claire in Toronto? I got it from there although my office is Ottawa.

Did you send the finger print result to them or did RCMP send it directly to them? I never received a copy of the result and RCMP confirmed that they sent it to St. Claire office.

Still in Process.

Thanks

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
The-Ottawan said:
We applied on Dec 5.

We are almost identical in terms of timeline! We applied December 2nd and did our test February 20th (both my wife and I passed). Got FP request on the 20th (the letter was dated on the same date as our test but we got it on the 24th). Did FP on the same day and they were sent to CIC on the 27th. Haven't heard anything since and all our eCAS are still In Process. Hope for a change soon on eCAS!

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
The_ottawa said:
Hi The-Ottawan,

I have the same time frame and situation as you from Ottawa. Did you get the fingerprint request from St. Claire in Toronto? I got it from there although my office is Ottawa.

Did you send the finger print result to them or did RCMP send it directly to them? I never received a copy of the result and RCMP confirmed that they sent it to St. Claire office.

Still in Process.

Thanks
As far as I understand, all FP requests in Ontario are sent to St Claire. I called cic 3 weeks after doing the fingerprinting and they confirmed that they received them on that day (3 weeks later)

All the best with the status change to DM soon.

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
We applied on Dec 1st. Got our Test Invite for March 9th. Before we did the test we received finger prints request which we did on March 2nd (before the test).
Test and interview went ok on March 9th. We're still waiting for oath letter hopefully.
Anyone knows what times they usually have oath ceremonies in Ottawa?

thanks

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
saedcanada said:
We applied on Dec 1st. Got our Test Invite for March 9th. Before we did the test we received finger prints request which we did on March 2nd (before the test).
Test and interview went ok on March 9th. We're still waiting for oath letter hopefully.
Anyone knows what times they usually have oath ceremonies in Ottawa?

thanks
Did your eCAS change from In Process to Decision Made?

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
Up until last week it didnt. I didnt check for a while not to get depressed :)
Will just wait for the letter, I may check online end of this week.

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
ottawa-pr said:
So do they update the status on weekends as well?
My wife's status changed last week.
Sorry that was a typo but I think that the statuses change over the weekend too. It takes time form the time they enter the change until it reflects into ecas.

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
The-Ottawan said:
My wife's status changed last week.
Sorry that was a typo but I think that the statuses change over the weekend too. It takes time form the time they enter the change until it reflects into ecas.
Thanks for the info. I don't know what is going on with the Ottawa office, after the test the person interviewing me said I should expect the oath letter in 4 to 6 weeks. Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks and I haven't gotten to "Decision Made" ....

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
ottawa-pr said:
Thanks for the info. I don't know what is going on with the Ottawa office, after the test the person interviewing me said I should expect the oath letter in 4 to 6 weeks. Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks and I haven't gotten to "Decision Made" ....
May be worth calling them to inquire!
I would expect them to say wait longer but there is no harm in calling.

Best of luck

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
The-Ottawan said:
May be worth calling them to inquire!
I would expect them to say wait longer but there is no harm in calling.

Best of luck
Actually went through my MP's office and they contacted IRCC and got the same answer (we are waiting on security clearance).

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
Anyone here who has heard anything from the Ottawa office? I took the test two months ago (Feb. 10) and have not gotten to "Decision Made" yet.