+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Office Timeline After Test

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
ottawa-pr said:
Anyone here who has heard anything from the Ottawa office? I took the test two months ago (Feb. 10) and have not gotten to "Decision Made" yet.
Same here! I took the test Feb. 20th. We had to do FP after the test for my wife, but no news at all. Still In Process.

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
Sukumaugali said:
Same here! I took the test Feb. 20th. We had to do FP after the test for my wife, but no news at all. Still In Process.
Thanks for the info. It seems the security background check is the part that people are getting stuck at, there are three background checks: immigration, criminal and security and finger prints are for criminal background checks.

Does anyone know who does the security background checks?

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
Just bumping the thread so other Ottawa applicants (or hopefully new citizens) can update with their information.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
when you eventually get your oath, you tend to realize how many people get the invite. There would
3 sessions a day for a stretch of several days. Just a very small percentage of pll show up here in these
forums...

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
cprak0 said:
when you eventually get your oath, you tend to realize how many people get the invite. There would
3 sessions a day for a stretch of several days. Just a very small percentage of pll show up here in these
forums...
It is much harder to go to the oath ceremony and ask strangers in person than to post here.

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sukumaugali said:
Hi all!
Any idea of the speed of the Ottawa office after test and interview? Granted my case is a bit different because we had to do finger prints AFTER the test and interview, but I wanted to know the average time people have waited after the test to DM and to Oath letter. Thanks!
From test to DM was 2 days. Test to Oath was just under 1 month.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Ottawa doesn't have a dedicated Citizenship Judge

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/citizenship-judges-canada-delays-1.3814734

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
cprak0 said:
Ottawa doesn't have a dedicated Citizenship Judge

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/citizenship-judges-canada-delays-1.3814734
To what extent does that impact those with routine applications?

As an aside this caught my eye:

In September 2015, the department's website said 80 per cent of applications submitted on or after April 1, 2015, would be processed in 12 months or less
Which means the average processing time is much less than 12 months now (unless you think the speed of processing has been constant over the past 20 months). So whenever IRCC talks about 12 month average now they are bs-ing you.

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
We are in the same boat. Today I was told all the security clearances are done, and that the DM doesn't really mean much. The next stage is oath but have not heard yet.