+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa (CPP-O) Very slow processing!

AlwaysWaiting

Dec 16, 2013
GagamM said:
I totally agree with you, I received an email from CIC today saying that "my application is being transferred to New York but they are sending my passport back to me with an explanation letter- shortly". I do not know what to make of this email, I am so frustrated and feel like I am being mentally tortured by CIC right now.
I wasted more than $1000 on tickets because CIC can't keep up their promise that they chose to make on their website of a 23 day process, I have been waiting for 49 days. This matter really needs to be raised in public!!!
ARE YOU SERIOUS???

This is beyond a joke now. I just don't know what to say to this.

876er

Dec 8, 2013
I really dont want to express my full anger on here and say things that would be inappropriate, but this is beyond ridiculous! CIC has had my application (paper) with passport since October 9. I have a valid study permit and according to website valid study/work permit holders processing times 23 days kmt! I have called the call center so many times i think all the agents know my name, I have emailed ottawa numerous times and i just got a current reply saying "Dear applicant our office confirms that your application is currently in process and we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization" That to me is utter bull-ish!! it cannot take this long to process and they can well and know when it will be ready for finalization! How/Why is it applicant who have applied long after in November and December have had their passports returned to them and the applicants who have applied in October are waiting in vain?! This matter needs to be brought to the public's attention! They cannot hold us hostages here!

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
lol that is not all buddy, as of yesterday they are processing applications received on December 4th and it only takes them 10 days to process a TRV application!!! What a joke!!!
Torture that is what this is, of me and of the people that are waiting for me in my country back home. Honestly, this not why came to Canada, to lose my right visit my family when I want.

876er said:
I really dont want to express my full anger on here and say things that would be inappropriate, but this is beyond ridiculous! CIC has had my application (paper) with passport since October 9. I have a valid study permit and according to website valid study/work permit holders processing times 23 days kmt! I have called the call center so many times i think all the agents know my name, I have emailed ottawa numerous times and i just got a current reply saying "Dear applicant our office confirms that your application is currently in process and we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization" That to me is utter bull-ish!! it cannot take this long to process and they can well and know when it will be ready for finalization! How/Why is it applicant who have applied long after in November and December have had their passports returned to them and the applicants who have applied in October are waiting in vain?! This matter needs to be brought to the public's attention! They cannot hold us hostages here!

876er

Dec 8, 2013
GagamM said:
lol that is not all buddy, as of yesterday they are processing applications received on December 4th and it only takes them 10 days to process a TRV application!!! What a joke!!!
Torture that is what this is, of me and of the people that are waiting for me in my country back home. Honestly, this not why came to Canada, to lose my right visit my family when I want.
I hear you yo, for a "first world country" the're very backward, and they know they pissin people off thats why they have no phone number or ntn. Which is right! myself and a whole lot of people on here had to cancel their plans to go home :mad: and does CIC care? psh no

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
Hey everyone I feel the exact same way. Its not a crime to visit your home country, so I don't know why we are being punished because we want to go home and still be able to return to Canada ? These CIC workers will get to spend the holidays with their families but they don't want to give us the same opportunity. I'm just so frustrated right now because everyone in my family is home and I'm stuck here. From now I will apply for visa's 6 months in advance because at the end of the day we're at their mercy and they will treat us anyhow.

As for the call centre reps, they are a bunch of useless people. They are not more helpful than the information found on the CIC website so I don't know why their jobs exist- they seem so disconnected from what goes on at the CPP in Ottawa.

I really hope and pray that by some miracle we're all sorted out before its too late for us to go home. Is there a way for us to make this public and ensure that something is done about it because its so unfair ?!

akhan127

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-02-2014 RPRF Request..: 31-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
m.chippy said:
Hey everyone I feel the exact same way. Its not a crime to visit your home country, so I don't know why we are being punished because we want to go home and still be able to return to Canada ? These CIC workers will get to spend the holidays with their families but they don't want to give us the same opportunity. I'm just so frustrated right now because everyone in my family is home and I'm stuck here. From now I will apply for visa's 6 months in advance because at the end of the day we're at their mercy and they will treat us anyhow.

As for the call centre reps, they are a bunch of useless people. They are not more helpful than the information found on the CIC website so I don't know why their jobs exist- they seem so disconnected from what goes on at the CPP in Ottawa.

I really hope and pray that by some miracle we're all sorted out before its too late for us to go home. Is there a way for us to make this public and ensure that something is done about it because its so unfair ?!
I applied online on the 1st November. Also had a ticket booked for the 24th which I had to cancel today (Paid a hefty fee to cancel) because they didn't process my file on time..Through out this time, I contacted CPP Ottawa through email and everything (also forwarded my ticket), still they couldn't process my application on time...Words cannot describe how upset I am now..Something needs to be done about this.

a_sachdeva

Dec 20, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I just joined this forum to share my frustrating experience with Online TRV application submitted to CPP Ottawa.

Here are my timelines:

Application Received: November 19th, 2013
Passport Request: December 9th, 2013
Passport Sent: December 15th, 2013 (Priority mail)
Passport Received by CPP Ottawa: December 17th, 2013
Application Status Changed to "Approved": December 19th, 2013
Passport Return Tracking Activated: not yet.

I am in same boat as many of you. I had a flight to India on the 14th of December. I thought I will cancel my application with CPP Ottawa and reapply in New Delhi. But on the airport I was refused to board the plane. Turns out, I need a valid Canadian Visa or UK transit visa to be able to transfer through Heathrow airport. So I am stuck in Canada now. I cannot even go home. I rescheduled my flights to December 28th, and sent my passport to CPP Ottawa on 15th December. I have a strong feeling that I may have to reschedule my flights again.

I hope my timelines are helpful for other people on the forum.

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Thank you for sharing you story man. I am sorry that happened to you, hope you get your passport on time. These immigration people really needs to stop treating us like criminals!!! We are normal citizens who just want to travel out of the country, jeez refusing to let you on the plane- that's harsh. So sorry.
My passport has been stuck with CPPO for 50 days now (applied on October 29th) and I hope that I get it back before my flight on Jan 9th.

a_sachdeva said:
Hi Everyone,

I just joined this forum to share my frustrating experience with Online TRV application submitted to CPP Ottawa.

Here are my timelines:

Application Received: November 19th, 2013
Passport Request: December 9th, 2013
Passport Sent: December 15th, 2013 (Priority mail)
Passport Received by CPP Ottawa: December 17th, 2013
Application Status Changed to "Approved": December 19th, 2013
Passport Return Tracking Activated: not yet.

I am in same boat as many of you. I had a flight to India on the 14th of December. I thought I will cancel my application with CPP Ottawa and reapply in New Delhi. But on the airport I was refused to board the plane. Turns out, I need a valid Canadian Visa or UK transit visa to be able to transfer through Heathrow airport. So I am stuck in Canada now. I cannot even go home. I rescheduled my flights to December 28th, and sent my passport to CPP Ottawa on 15th December. I have a strong feeling that I may have to reschedule my flights again.

I hope my timelines are helpful for other people on the forum.

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
Hi everyone, so i finally got my passport back today and so i'll be heading home tomorrow. Thank God!! This is my timeline:

Online application submitted: December 4th
Letter from CIC: December 15th
Passport sent to CIC by xpress post: December 16th
Passport received by CIC: December 18th
Passport received: December 23rd

Good luck to everyone and I hope you get your passports back soon even though christmas is 2 days away.
I guess in the future, we should all apply way ahead of time ( like 6 months in advance to avoid any foolishness from these CIC people)

a_sachdeva

Dec 20, 2013
GagamM said:
Thank you for sharing you story man. I am sorry that happened to you, hope you get your passport on time. These immigration people really needs to stop treating us like criminals!!! We are normal citizens who just want to travel out of the country, jeez refusing to let you on the plane- that's harsh. So sorry.
My passport has been stuck with CPPO for 50 days now (applied on October 29th) and I hope that I get it back before my flight on Jan 9th.

Thanks GagamM. I just got my passport back this morning with the visa sticker. So I can finally fly on 28th now.

For other people still waiting for their passports - you guys should call CIC and let them know about your travels. They will do their best to accommodate your schedules. I called them several times, and finally my passport was sent to me over night (I used priority mail instead of express post - something to consider).

Good luck!