+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa (CPP-O) Very slow processing!

mandy013

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone, here is my timeline for this process...

TRV applied online on 12th Nov
Passport requested on 25th Nov
CPP received passport on 27th Nov
Received my passport back with sticker on 6th Dec

All the best to all of you who didn't get a reply back from CCP O

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
akhan127 said:
Ok so this is what they replied word for word:

"Please be advised that if your application is finalized while you are abroad you retain the option of having your visa counterfoil (visa sticker) placed in your passport at a Canadian Mission overseas."

So I replied back saying I'm interested in this option and I have asked for more details but for some reason, they haven't replied back, it's been 5 business days since I replied to this email. I still think this option is risky though..
oK thanks!! I received the exact same response from them and I was actually going to travel out because I thought it meant the same thing that you think it means i.e. when the application is finalized, we have the option of having the visa affixed to our passports in the country we will be travelling to, and so I was very excited.
However, I decided to call the customer service line (very unhelpful bunch of people) to confirm and the lady told me I will have to withdraw my application in Canada and start from the scratch in the country I am travelling to. I told her that the email made no mention of me withdrawing my application, and she said that if I needed more information I would have to contact the CPP in Ottawa. I sent them an email on Sunday and I still haven't heard back. Please let us know if/when they reply your email. I am so sick of all these inefficient processes.

akhan127

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-02-2014 RPRF Request..: 31-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
m.chippy said:
oK thanks!! I received the exact same response from them and I was actually going to travel out because I thought it meant the same thing that you think it means i.e. when the application is finalized, we have the option of having the visa affixed to our passports in the country we will be travelling to, and so I was very excited.
However, I decided to call the customer service line (very unhelpful bunch of people) to confirm and the lady told me I will have to withdraw my application in Canada and start from the scratch in the country I am travelling to. I told her that the email made no mention of me withdrawing my application, and she said that if I needed more information I would have to contact the CPP in Ottawa. I sent them an email on Sunday and I still haven't heard back. Please let us know if/when they reply your email. I am so sick of all these inefficient processes.
Yes same here, don't know why they are taking so long. I have a feeling they won't reply because normally they would have replied within 5 business days so I am very confused if I should travel or not. It seems like a very big risk though...I'll be sure to post their reply here. Also please do let me know what they reply to your email. Also one of my friend has emailed them asking if it's possible to go to Ottawa in person and get the visa sticker right there and then, let's see what they say.

I also called the customer service line and the call centre agent said that if the Ottawa office is saying they will do it, then they should. She also mentioned that in case our passport is with CPP and we decide to travel, we can request CIC to inform the Ottawa office to release our passport but that will cancel our application.

For now, it seems very difficult to travel on the 24th of December :(

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
Hi everyone (especially akhan)
Quick update:
I received an email from CIC saying that my application status had been updated on Friday, December 13th. However, I did not see the actual notification/ request for passport submission until Sunday, December 15th in my CIC account so I just sent in my passport and I'm praying they send it back ASAP because i want to go home so badly :(

I hope that you all hear from CIC soon.

AlwaysWaiting

Dec 16, 2013
Here's my timeline for my TRV paper application so far:

Application sent: Nov 4, 2013
Application received: Nov 6, 2013 (as per Canada Post tracking)
Application officially received: Nov 13, 2013 !!! (as per automated feedback via Call Centre - why???)

Today is Dec 16 and I still have not received my passport back.

I had travel plans for Dec 14, so I called the Call Centre on Dec 9 asking them to just send my passport back even if they had to do so w/o the visa.
The Call Centre agent said the only thing they could do was send an "urgent" message to CPPO asking for passport return.

I followed up everyday, but to no avail. I had to cancel my travel plans (at great personal cost), and I'm still waiting for the passport.

Meanwhile, website says processing time is 23 *calendar* days.

It's really unacceptable that the CPPO have shut themselves off from contact atleast by applicants within Canada.
My passport belongs to me! I have a right to get it back upon request.

And can someone explain why the Call Centre automaton says my application was received on Nov 13, when I have proof of delivery for Nov 6??

This is an utter shambles. I'm amazed this is Canada we're talking about. It didn't use to be like this when I had to send my application to the Buffalo, NY consulate.

876er

Dec 8, 2013
I Couldnt agree with you more,this is more than ridiculous! Applicants who apply within canada with valid study/work permit should not be waiting months to receive their passports! And like you said CPPO website states processing time as 3weeks but to no avail. I really hope you get your passport soona s it dos belong to you and CPPO cannot trap persons here,if you request a withdrawal they should send it back immediately!
AlwaysWaiting said:

Application officially received: Nov 13, 2013 !!! (as per automated feedback via Call Centre - why???)

I had travel plans for Dec 14, so I called the Call Centre on Dec 9 asking them to just send my passport back even if they had to do so w/o the visa.
The Call Centre agent said the only thing they could do was send an "urgent" message to CPPO asking for passport return.

I followed up everyday, but to no avail. I had to cancel my travel plans (at great personal cost), and I'm still waiting for the passport.

It's really unacceptable that the CPPO have shut themselves off from contact atleast by applicants within Canada.

And can someone explain why the Call Centre automaton says my application was received on Nov 13, when I have proof of delivery for Nov 6??

This is an utter shambles. I'm amazed this is Canada we're talking about. It didn't use to be like this when I had to send my application to the Buffalo, NY consulate.

akhan127

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-02-2014 RPRF Request..: 31-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
m.chippy said:
Hi everyone (especially akhan)
Quick update:
I received an email from CIC saying that my application status had been updated on Friday, December 13th. However, I did not see the actual notification/ request for passport submission until Sunday, December 15th in my CIC account so I just sent in my passport and I'm praying they send it back ASAP because i want to go home so badly :(

I hope that you all hear from CIC soon.
Good to know that you got your passport request. They have chosen to ignore my emails...Haven't received any update yet...I'll probably cancel my ticket within 2 to 3 days...Please let me know when you receive your passport back..if you receive it within 3 days, I'll'll probably wait a couple of more days before cancelling my flight...flight is booked for the 24th of December :(

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
I know what you are talking about, my situation is even worse, I submitted my paper application on October 26 and they received it on October 29th and till now I have had no response from them. I emailed them 5 times and I keep calling the call center agents but they seems to know nothing about Ottawa office. I did put an urgency on my application on Friday 13th of December to get my passport back to me as I already cancelled my tickets that I had booked for that day (December 13).
I need to visit back home as soon as possible, its really very urgent I have provided them with my details too. I can't seem to find a way to contact the Ottawa office, thinking for going there in person on Wednesday 18th- but doesn't look like anyone had any success with that till now. Any suggestions?? (regular processing time for this application is 23days I dont even know why they say that on their website!!)

AlwaysWaiting said:

AlwaysWaiting

Dec 16, 2013
Guys, contact the Member of Parliament in your area. It seems they are the only ones who can talk to an actual human being in Ottawa.

My MP was told that my paper TRV application was approved yesterday. But I don't see any sign that my passport was sent back. The Canada Post tracking number has yet to be activated.

Knowing how this whole saga has turned out, I'll be lucky if the CPPO finds the precious time to complete the complex task of handing the envelope to Canada Post by summertime.

Way to go, CPPO... *slow clap*

abrarmohsin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Here is my timeline:

Applied Online: October 31st
Passport Request: 28th November
Passport Received by CPP-Ottawa: 2nd December
Passport Received: 16th December

AlwaysWaiting

Dec 16, 2013
This delay is becoming really unacceptable.

Any ideas on how to raise a red flag? Does anyone know how to submit an official complaint?

I'm also thinking of going to the media about this.

Withholding people's passport is not a joke; this issue really should be raised.

LuzArkus

Dec 5, 2013
Hi always waiting .

I am on your side , i am waiting for my passport too , theyr received my application in October 25 and on the Dec 5 they replied to my email saying they already finalized my application and they will return my passport shortly and until today i dont have my passport back . I had a visa appoit. Tomorrow at the American Consulate and had to cancel because i need my passport and no chance to reeschedule since they have nothing available until january and my flight is on Dec 28 .

Wondering why they give you false processing times. So tire of waiting :(

AlwaysWaiting

Dec 16, 2013
Hi LuzArkus,

You actually received an email saying they would email your passport back?

Did you submit your application by paper or online?

I have received ZERO notifications from our CIC friends.

LuzArkus

Dec 5, 2013
Well i did send them an email asking about my passport and 4 days later they replied saying they will send my passport back shortly . I did send a paper application . How about you?

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
I totally agree with you, I received an email from CIC today saying that "my application is being transferred to New York but they are sending my passport back to me with an explanation letter- shortly". I do not know what to make of this email, I am so frustrated and feel like I am being mentally tortured by CIC right now.
I wasted more than $1000 on tickets because CIC can't keep up their promise that they chose to make on their website of a 23 day process, I have been waiting for 49 days. This matter really needs to be raised in public!!!

AlwaysWaiting said:
This delay is becoming really unacceptable.

Any ideas on how to raise a red flag? Does anyone know how to submit an official complaint?

I'm also thinking of going to the media about this.

Withholding people's passport is not a joke; this issue really should be raised.