+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa (CPP-O) Very slow processing!

876er

Dec 8, 2013
I have sent my application(paper) with passport and it was received on Oct 9, been calling call center and emailing Ottawa about application and same generic response, "Please note your application is currently in process". I have a flight booked to leave on the 18th of Dec and am worried i wont be able to leave. I don't understand how other applicants who have applied long after me have received their passports back in some cases the allotted time shown on website. Is anyone else who applied early October experiencing same problems?

patiencewaiter

Nov 20, 2013
I applied online on October 11 and still waiting for them to request my passport. I have a flight booked on Dec 24 and I'm afraid I have to cancel that. :(

876er

Dec 8, 2013
yea that sucks big time,i don't understand whats happening with the applications :mad: it shouldn't take this long for applications to be processed! this is ridiculous...others who have applied in Nov have gotten back passports and October applicants still waiting!

akhan127

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-02-2014 RPRF Request..: 31-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
I applied online on the 1st of november and I haven't heard back from them..i have a seat booked for the 24th of december as well...dno wht to do...i emailed them with my ticket as well but they haven't given any positive response...the only good thing they mentioned was that If my application is approved from Ottawa and i'm abroad, i have the option of putting the visa sticketfoil in a Canadian Embassy abroad (I''m going to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates). I'll probably go for this option if my file atleast approved before my flight so I will travel..

Hope this helps patiencewaiter!

izqfre

Dec 10, 2013
Montreal
hi guys this was my timeline:

PAPER APPLICATION

applied - oct 21th
reached them- oct 22nd
passport back in hand -dec 9th
flight- dec 30th

all the best for you

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
sit tight guys...you'll get your passport. my paper application along with passport was received at CPP on 23rd oct. it was put in mail for delivery yesterday and on its way. but while waiting i had to cancel my flight on nov 25th.

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
akhan127 said:
I applied online on the 1st of november and I haven't heard back from them..i have a seat booked for the 24th of december as well...dno wht to do...i emailed them with my ticket as well but they haven't given any positive response...the only good thing they mentioned was that If my application is approved from Ottawa and i'm abroad, i have the option of putting the visa sticketfoil in a Canadian Embassy abroad (I''m going to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates). I'll probably go for this option if my file atleast approved before my flight so I will travel..

Hope this helps patiencewaiter!
Hi Akhan I have a question for you about the option of putting the visa stickerfoil in a Canadian embassy abroad. Did you confirm this from the CPP ? because I am in a similar situation as you and I sent them an email and they responded saying
"Please note that should your application be finalized while you are travelling abroad, you retain the option of obtaining your temporary resident visa at the overseas mission responsible for the country where you will be travelling." I found this comment very confusing so I called the customer service line and the agent told me that it meant that I would have to withdraw my application here and re-apply in the country that I am going i.e. Nigeria?

Moe_h

Dec 9, 2013
m.chippy said:
Lucky you :DD when did you apply?
Not very lucky. I lost $3000 vacation package :( my flight is Dec 13 so there my money is gone.

Applied online within Canada Nov 15 (Hold work permit in Canada)
PP requested Dec 12

What about you?

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
Moe_h said:
Not very lucky. I lost $3000 vacation package :( my flight is Dec 13 so there my money is gone.

Applied online within Canada Nov 15 (Hold work permit in Canada)
PP requested Dec 12

What about you?
Thats terrible. I'm so sorry about that. Mine is a bit complicated. I applied initially on Nov 12th and when it was taking too long, I contacted them and they told me that I had applied to extend my stay as a visitor instead of a new TRV so I had to withdraw my application. Long story short, I ended up re-applying on the 4th of December and now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best because I have lost one ticket and changed my flight dates twice. It is such an annoying process. ** I have a study permit and work permit.

Keephope

Dec 2, 2013
to all who book tickets and send with application, don't do that. We have seen it's of no effect. You might end up loosing ur money, cic doesn't care.

instead of ticket, i would prefer a notarized letter to attach, saying I'll buy ticket after I get my passport back with visa stamped on it and I am planning to take this flight. That's it.

akhan127

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
m.chippy said:
Hi Akhan I have a question for you about the option of putting the visa stickerfoil in a Canadian embassy abroad. Did you confirm this from the CPP ? because I am in a similar situation as you and I sent them an email and they responded saying
"Please note that should your application be finalized while you are travelling abroad, you retain the option of obtaining your temporary resident visa at the overseas mission responsible for the country where you will be travelling." I found this comment very confusing so I called the customer service line and the agent told me that it meant that I would have to withdraw my application here and re-apply in the country that I am going i.e. Nigeria?
Ok so this is what they replied word for word:

"Please be advised that if your application is finalized while you are abroad you retain the option of having your visa counterfoil (visa sticker) placed in your passport at a Canadian Mission overseas."

So I replied back saying I'm interested in this option and I have asked for more details but for some reason, they haven't replied back, it's been 5 business days since I replied to this email. I still think this option is risky though..

876er

Dec 8, 2013
akhan127 said:
Ok so this is what they replied word for word:

"Please be advised that if your application is finalized while you are abroad you retain the option of having your visa counterfoil (visa sticker) placed in your passport at a Canadian Mission overseas."

So I replied back saying I'm interested in this option and I have asked for more details but for some reason, they haven't replied back, it's been 5 business days since I replied to this email. I still think this option is risky though..
I don't understand this tho...how will you get back your passport to leave canada and them saying if your application is finalized while abroad you can get the visa sticker from the canadian mission in the country your in :S

akhan127

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
876er said:
I don't understand this tho...how will you get back your passport to leave canada and them saying if your application is finalized while abroad you can get the visa sticker from the canadian mission in the country your in :S
I actually applied online so I haven't sent them my passport yet, I'm waiting for them to request it. They request the passport after the application is finalized so what I THINK they are saying is that instead of sending the passport to Ottawa to get the visa sticker, I can send it to a Canadian Mission office abroad and get the stamp from there. So basically, the file would have been finalized in Ottawa but the visa sticker would get placed in a Canadian Mission office abroad...