+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Anyone Outland from Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb AoR still stuck in Eligibility Met and no updates on Security or Criminality? I'm slowly losing patience after absolutely 0 updates since May, in fact the last time my GCMS had any activity was beginning of March

mohd92

Feb 28, 2018
@raindropcreature same goes with me. Eligibility met since Feb. Criminality in progress (submitted police check which hasnt been reviewed since Feb). No change in application since then. I know its frustrating but they are understaffed I guess.

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Anyone Outland from Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb AoR still stuck in Eligibility Met and no updates on Security or Criminality? I'm slowly losing patience after absolutely 0 updates since May, in fact the last time my GCMS had any activity was beginning of March
Jan 2020aor. Eligibility met and security had been started but no other updates since May. All we can have is patience unfortunately. Hopefully we will have some good news soon

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all! Not sure what it means, but had two GU in the last two weeks. VO Ottawa, FSW-O, Sep 2019 AOR. I have also had a GU when my medicals expired in September (changed to "you don't need a medical exam"). I wonder if those ghost updates mean some progress is eventually happening with my application.

Before that, I had a GU in Feb and my Eligibility and Criminality were passed as per the phone call/GCMS notes. Then on Feb 25th came an ADR triggered by SS, and silence since then - until now.

Reactions: anirudh1996

anirudh1996

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Got re medical request today

AOR 20 December, 2019
VO Ottawa(last time I checked), wondering if it's moved to NDVO
Previous meds done on December 4, 2019
Previous meds passed on January 20, 2020

My gcms said I have Latent tuberculosis, dunno how they came to this conclusion as they haven't done any tests for it.

Maybe they want to see if it's turned into active TB, as it does in 5-10% of latent cases Or it's just routine re-medicals.

Last edited:

anirudh1996

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi all! Not sure what it means, but had two GU in the last two weeks. VO Ottawa, FSW-O, Sep 2019 AOR. I have also had a GU when my medicals expired in September (changed to "you don't need a medical exam"). I wonder if those ghost updates mean some progress is eventually happening with my application.

Before that, I had a GU in Feb and my Eligibility and Criminality were passed as per the phone call/GCMS notes. Then on Feb 25th came an ADR triggered by SS, and silence since then - until now.
I got a ghost update last Monday and one today (for re-medicals)

Sadia95

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Got a ghost update today
March 17, 2020.. Biometrics updated to completed on 17 October (i was exempted)
CEC,Inland..
Any idea what’s happening?

anirudh1996

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
I raised a webform on 14 October 2020, no reply yet
Got webform reply, it's very generic and useless

"
  • We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
  • All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
  • Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
  • We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
  • Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:
  1. Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account): by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
  2. Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account: through your online account.
"

Last edited:

archanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Got webform reply, it's very generic and useless

"
  • We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
  • All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
  • Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
  • We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
  • Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:
  1. Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account): by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
  2. Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account: through your online account.
"
Same here. raised a webform on 14 Oct 2020 and received a generic response on 27 Oct 2020.

Reactions: saroya

Sadia95

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR March 17,2020
Medicals passed May 06,2020
Biometrics exempted (updated on 17 october)
Application approved 27 october.
No Cope email yet
Vo : Ottawa
CEC Inland!

Reactions: nyiable and Vinami

karenzhou93

Aug 28, 2020
aor july 22nd
mep bil Sept 14th
biometric completed on october 9
vo ottawa
cec outland

I raised a webform 2 weeks ago and got response today

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, for processing.

Rest assured that they will contact you as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is required.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The background verifications are in process.
The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is in process.