+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Hi everyone here. I have two queries, which I hope you can help me with:

1) I applied with my common law partner and our 2 kids for PR this January 2019 and we are still waiting for our passport request. This month, my partner and I got married. We currently have not received our marriage certificate from the government yet so I have not informed IRCC of the marriage because I have no document to upload to support the change in civil status. In case we receive our ppr prior to receiving the marriage certificate, can we submit our passports already and then later just raise a webform to inform IRCC of the marriage when the marriage certificate becomes available? Would this create any problem with our application?

2) My passport is expiring in May 2020. Should I wait for ppr before renewing my passport or can I renew it now and send the new passport to VFS once I receive ppr? In any case, do I need to inform IRCC of the passport renewal?

Thank you in advance for any help.

SheMardru92

Oct 18, 2019
I submitted my travel documents to renew my TRV. I included in the application a plea for it to be dealt with urgently as I have a death in my family and will need to return home for the burial. How will I know if my request can be made possible?

ouadrasi

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04/04/2019
Hi, My application is processed in Ottawa VO and information provided by Mr. Ralph is Criminality passed, eligibility met and security check not started. What do you think I should expect?

200 days since AOR.

FromFebruary

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-06-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Just called IRCC, I applied for a job and the employer would like to know when I can expect my PR.

FSW-O (applying from the Netherlands)
AOR: June 28
MEP: July 31
BIL: August 14

Visa Office: Ottawa
Eligibility: not started
Criminality: passed
Security: not started
Estimated remaining processing time: {according to my online application page): 59 days

I started calling 04:58 (Pacific Time, which is 04:58 Eastern Daylight Time) and by the time I got through the menu (in my case pressing
1 – 1 – 2 – 2 – application number# - 1 – birth year – 1 – 1 – 0 ) it was exactly 08:00 in Ottawa and it took maybe 20 seconds before I got an agent on the phone.

I asked for a status update to see where I am in the process. A very friendly lady immediately started looking into it after verification questions. Unfortunately, nothing has been initiated since I called mid-September, so 6 weeks ago. The office is still Ottawa, eligibility and security not started.

She said that the estimated completion date is more likely to be early January because December is a busy month (uh no, Canadians themselves always tell me that nobody works really hard this month and they'll be preparing for and enjoying the holidays, especially in the government ;)). I asked her if even early January is realistic, given the fact that they haven't even started eligibility review and security yet. She said that if all my documents are okay, there should be no problem to complete this within the remaining time until January. She also said that 80% of the applications are processed in 6 months but for 20% it takes longer (standard reply I think from any agent).

Anyway, nothing to be excited about, unfortunately. My file is still somewhere in the pile o_O

johanex

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-06-2019
Just called IRCC, I applied for a job and the employer would like to know when I can expect my PR.

Estimated remaining processing time: {according to my online application page): 59 days

I started calling 04:58 (Pacific Time, which is 04:58 Eastern Daylight Time) and by the time I got through the menu (in my case pressing
1 – 1 – 2 – 2 – application number# - 1 – birth year – 1 – 1 – 0 ) it was exactly 08:00 in Ottawa and it took maybe 20 seconds before I got an agent on the phone.

I asked for a status update to see where I am in the process. A very friendly lady immediately started looking into it after verification questions. Unfortunately, nothing has been initiated since I called mid-September, so 6 weeks ago. The office is still Ottawa, eligibility and security not started.

She said that the estimated completion date is more likely to be early January because December is a busy month (uh no, Canadians themselves always tell me that nobody works really hard this month and they'll be preparing for and enjoying the holidays, especially in the government ;)). I asked her if even early January is realistic, given the fact that they haven't even started eligibility review and security yet. She said that if all my documents are okay, there should be no problem to complete this within the remaining time until January. She also said that 80% of the applications are processed in 6 months but for 20% it takes longer (standard reply I think from any agent).

Anyway, nothing to be excited about, unfortunately. My file is still somewhere in the pile o_O
I applied 1 day after you did, my AOR is 29 June and the same updates , only criminality is passed.
I have a question, I've heard they no longer give updates through the phone , is it true ?

FromFebruary

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-06-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
I applied 1 day after you did, my AOR is 29 June and the same updates , only criminality is passed.
I have a question, I've heard they no longer give updates through the phone , is it true ?
Well, in my case they did. First time I called mid-September the agent just said: you know we have 6 months to make a decision so just wait. But just persist and ask specific questions: is eligibility met or passed? Has security been started yet?

In both cases they looked into my file and gave me answers!

Chimdimma

Oct 29, 2019

Hello, please could you drop the number you contacted them with? The number I have doesn’t work.