+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

FromFebruary

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-06-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Yes, for many before you, eligibility nor security have not been initiated. So just take that perspective. No need to feel bad about it. They do say 80% of apps get through in 6 months. And the 20% of exceptional cases do exist and have taken beyond 6 months to get done. January and February AORs have seen movement in recent hours though. Just chill and wait in line... or try to look forward and prep what you need to bring in Canada...
I'm in the very fortunate position to be able to come to Canada as a tourist for 6 months. I have been here since June, just road tripping in my little camper van and enjoying all the beauty the country has to offer. I'm flying home for Christmas and will return after that, just travelling and staying with friends until I finally get my PR. I know so many people are in a much more dire situation than I am; not able to even travel to Canada, waiting to be finally reunited with their loved one(s) here or they had to make a lot of (financial) sacrifices to make emigration to Canada come true.

I can't wait to really call myself a Candian Permanent Resident and start working here and be part of society, but I know too that for many other people there's much more at stake. I hope for those especially that their PR comes soon. For me, I'll just take it as a lesson of having patience and trusting that things will work out...

Reactions: T80

Patelhemina

Aug 19, 2018
Hi all,

How long does it normally take to have eligibility passed once the eligibility status is set to in progress?
Call IRCC 30/07: eligibility not started
Call IRCC 23/08 & 5/09: eligibility in progress
The agent said no red flags on the file.

AOR: 15/02/19
VO Ottawa

Thanks
Are you an Outland applicant? How do you contact them?

Fandango

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Finally got a hold on IRCC this morning. At first the agent on the phone only said 'It can take up to 6 months', but when I had some specific questions for her, she was helpful.

AOR: 28 June
Medicals passed: 31 July
Biometrics: 14 August
GCMS ordered: 5 September

Visa Office: Ottawa
Eligibility: not started
Criminality: passed
Security: not started

Not the update I was hoping for :(, they haven't even started eligibility & security and reading here that many people with an AOR before mine I'm not expecting it to happen soon...
I wouldn't feel down. The IRCC process is EXTREMELY random, it doesn't matter if someone from 2015 is still waiting, you could be prioritized if your case officer deems it so. On the other hand, you could feel really down, because someone who as I type has no knowledge of Canada immigration can apply in 2025 and still be prioritized ahead of you.
So bottomline, live your life whenever they do it, they do it.

Fandango

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Yes, for many before you, eligibility nor security have not been initiated. So just take that perspective. No need to feel bad about it. They do say 80% of apps get through in 6 months. And the 20% of exceptional cases do exist and have taken beyond 6 months to get done. January and February AORs have seen movement in recent hours though. Just chill and wait in line... or try to look forward and prep what you need to bring in Canada...
That 80/20 ruse is a stunt. They surely do not complete 80% in 6 months. It's more like 30/70.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Finally got a hold on IRCC this morning. At first the agent on the phone only said 'It can take up to 6 months', but when I had some specific questions for her, she was helpful.

AOR: 28 June
Medicals passed: 31 July
Biometrics: 14 August
GCMS ordered: 5 September

Visa Office: Ottawa
Eligibility: not started
Criminality: passed
Security: not started

Not the update I was hoping for :(, they haven't even started eligibility & security and reading here that many people with an AOR before mine I'm not expecting it to happen soon...
AOR April 11
Same Status :p

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
It is what it is, processing times have tanked. There's a huge backlog of applications. So this is not a question of buoyancy, it is fact.
Tanked — okay.

But why use the word “ruse”? Too much shade don’t you think?

Last edited:

Fandango

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Tanked — okay.

But why use the word “ruse”? Too much shade don’t you think?
IRCC says it;
1. Completes or tries to complete 80% of applications in 6 months, that's not been true since 2018.
2. ADRs can delay processing times, that's also false, a number of folks waiting don't have ADRs.
3. On your IRCC account it says to contact them if 6 months time bar is exceeded, when you do, you get a generic response as though they mere logged in and repeated to you what you already know.
So it's no shade at all, the system has become static, and it's slowing, case officers have gotten lazy or maybe it's the global uprising of race, hate and xenophobia among staffers. Even call center agents are emboldened and can be rude to you with no repercussions. So calling those published timelines a ruse is an underestimate.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
case officers have gotten lazy or maybe it's the global uprising of race, hate and xenophobia among staffers. Even call center agents are emboldened and can be rude to you with no repercussions. So calling those published timelines a ruse is an underestimate.
Maybe.