+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
I believe with additional verification they mean review required. Are you sure there are no comments by the agent in your latest GCMS? The next time you call just ask the agent specifically that in which part is the additional verification required, is it eligibility, proof of funds, POE, Security, Criminality or something else.
I got the same email from Ottawa saying file is under review and requires additional verification, this tempted me to send email to Ralph but he replied eligibility and security not initiated yet, all confusing

andygill11

May 5, 2018
I got the same email from Ottawa saying file is under review and requires additional verification, this tempted me to send email to Ralph but he replied eligibility and security not initiated yet, all confusing
I see. In my case I got the "file is in queue for review by an officer" email when the agent was done reviewing my file and had put comments saying recommended pass and review required etc. Maybe by saying not initiated Ralph means not initiated by an "immigration officer". As far as I know your file is first reviewed by an immigration agent and they make comments on all sections and documents saying "recommended pass" or "review required" or ask for additional documents if needed. Once that is done your file is put in queue for an immigration officer who checks the file again.

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
I see. In my case I got the "file is in queue for review by an officer" email when the agent was done reviewing my file and had put comments saying recommended pass and review required etc. Maybe by saying not initiated Ralph means not initiated by an "immigration officer". As far as I know your file is first reviewed by an immigration agent and they make comments on all sections and documents saying "recommended pass" or "review required" or ask for additional documents if needed. Once that is done your file is put in queue for an immigration officer who checks the file again.
I have got my GCMS a week back, as per it RR is on client information, status for employment and POF documents is blank, status for PCC, educational certificates, etc are marked checked, this is by PA, what do you make out of it?

andygill11

May 5, 2018
I have got my GCMS a week back, as per it RR is on client information, status for employment and POF documents is blank, status for PCC, educational certificates, etc are marked checked, this is by PA, what do you make out of it?
Review required applications always take more time and almost always overshoot the 6 month timeline. But, it is usually rare for RR applications to get refused. You will need to keep patience and follow up in a timely manner (monthly or so). I would suggest you to pro-actively submit additional documents for wherever the agent had a doubt and put a review required. Check what exactly was the agent confused about that made him put RR (usually mentioned in the comments) for eg. if the agent was not sure of the exact dates of your employment, submit another letter of employment from your employer mentioning dates of employment and duration using case specific enquiry form; or if the agent had a doubt about your pay, make sure you add that to your LOE signed by your employer and submit it etc.
But do not submit unnecessary documents as that won't help and might delay the processing of your application.

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Review required applications always take more time and almost always overshoot the 6 month timeline. But, it is usually rare for RR applications to get refused. You will need to keep patience and follow up in a timely manner (monthly or so). I would suggest you to pro-actively submit additional documents for wherever the agent had a doubt and put a review required. Check what exactly was the agent confused about that made him put RR (usually mentioned in the comments) for eg. if the agent was not sure of the exact dates of your employment, submit another letter of employment from your employer mentioning dates of employment and duration using case specific enquiry form; or if the agent had a doubt about your pay, make sure you add that to your LOE signed by your employer and submit it etc.
But do not submit unnecessary documents as that won't help and might delay the processing of your application.
hi bro, there is nothing mentioned, Final comments : R10-OK, Recommendation : Pass Criminality, Documents Set for Review---Client Information.

andygill11

May 5, 2018
hi bro, there is nothing mentioned, Final comments : R10-OK, Recommendation : Pass Criminality, Documents Set for Review---Client Information.
Oh I see, are there any notes above this?
Were these comments put in by someone in Centralized Intake Office?

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Oh I see, are there any notes above this?
Were these comments put in by someone in Centralized Intake Office?
Above this its written PA has verified my scores, ECA and IELTS certificates, PCC's and Age, in Notes 1 : Prevu Verified (Client Information), CPC-Ottawa dated March

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Oh so your case has still not been analyzed by a case analyst yet, who puts in the actual comments including review required/recommended pass/additional documents etc. This will be the next step. Maybe CPC-Ottawa is over burdened with applications right now.
Comparing it to another EE application, all this occurred within 3-4 months after AOR. But then again every application is unique and you can not compare 2 applications in any way.
What's your AOR?

Reactions: Amanjot7

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Oh so your case has still not been analyzed by a case analyst yet, who puts in the actual comments including review required/recommended pass/additional documents etc. This will be the next step. Maybe CPC-Ottawa is over burdened with applications right now.
Comparing it to another EE application, all this occurred within 3-4 months after AOR. But then again every application is unique and you can not compare 2 applications in any way.
What's your AOR?
13Jan

Priyanka0390

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
How much time it took to get PPR after u received a mail of review by an officer??

andygill11

May 5, 2018
This email I received was in reply to the webform I had submitted asking about the status of my application. So I don't think there should be a co-relation of the mail with the PPR. Anyway, I got PPR after 7 months of this email reply.

Priyanka0390

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
This email I received was in reply to the webform I had submitted asking about the status of my application. So I don't think there should be a co-relation of the mail with the PPR. Anyway, I got PPR after 7 months of this email reply.
After 7 months????
I received this email last wk when agent sent a reminder so I thought that atleast they have picked up my file..but now I knew that it's just a generic reply for all