+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Do they reply if it is within processing times?

Mine is just close to 5 months.

I called IRCC today and my eligibility, security, criminality has not started yet, They said the same last month too. I really don't understand how some files are left untouched but they send PPR to the rest. This is really frustrating

I heard many people complain that they do not respond, that's why I posted they responded... I have contacted them about 4-5 times, and I only got two responses, and they are what I posted above - Useless.

My advise is that you wait until you finish the 6 months before you stress yourself. I am coming to a conclusion that this is a case by case scenario and no two cases are the same. It all depends on who is handling your case.

From what I saw before in this forum, many have their files untouched and then all the sudden everything is finalized within a very short time... I hope you get lucky and become one of those cases.

Good luck

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I heard many people complain that they do not respond, that's why I posted they responded... I have contacted them about 4-5 times, and I only got two responses, and they are what I posted above - Useless.

My advise is that you wait until you finish the 6 months before you stress yourself. I am coming to a conclusion that this is a case by case scenario and no two cases are the same. It all depends on who is handling your case.

From what I saw before in this forum, many have their files untouched and then all the sudden everything is finalized within a very short time... I hope you get lucky and become one of those cases.

Good luck
Today I asked the agent about that.

He said, the respective offices work at their own pace depending on the workload. Now, it says my file hasn't moved but it is still under normal processing times. So at some point during the normal processing times, your file will be picked up and everything can be completed in a week's time.

This just sucks :( Ottawa used to be one of the fastest VOs but now they are just so damn slow :(

I am so hoping they pick up pace

Vasi84

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
My cpc is also ottawa, dec 3rd aor... no updates since MEP. There are huge no of applicants who are getting PPRs in the 6 months time frame if not more. People who went last years had faster turnaround, i guess its to do with the no of applications they are processing now. If 6 months is to be taken seriously i personally will try and not worry till my 6th month.. all the best to everyone, gope we see some miracles..

Simranjit1995

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hi guys could anyone tell me how long it take to get the passport back from ottawa after getting ppr
I send my passport on 9th march 2018 and they recieved it on 12 march tuesday
When could i expect to get it back
Thank u

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I contacted CPC-Ottawa and got the below response. (AOR- Apr 5, 2018)

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when the application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned. We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum."

Through the forum I learnt that if application is in SS we get such response. But I was in SS from July 2018 and in Dec 2018 I was told that I passed security. Could someone help me understand why I got such email now after I passed security?

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when the application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned. We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum."

Through the forum I learnt that if application is in SS we get such response. But I was in SS from July 2018 and in Dec 2018 I was told that I passed security. Could someone help me understand why I got such email now after I passed security?
I'm definitely not an expert, but at this point (almost a year since AOR) I just think IRCC does things the way they want to. I don't know if there's such a "defined" thing like "If you get this response, it means this".

Reactions: minhajunnisa.cse

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018

We are on the same boat... I passed security in Jan, and when I contacted them this month they sent me the same exact reply you got.

Please let me know if you get the PPR or any update... I will do the same

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys can you give me a estimate when can I expect my golden mail
Aor- 5th November
Med passed- 7th December
Ip1- 7th December
RPRF request- 19th December
RPRF paid -21st December
Called Ircc on 8th January to confirm the receipt of RPRF was updated eligibility passed security and criminality not started yet.
No updates after that and also no changes on my cic page still it is showing Ip1 ....
Hi Sam, I hope you already recieved your Golden Email!
I followed you comments about ACICS issue, so did IRCC accepted your MBA and did you get points for it even if WES did not recognize it?

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
I am CEC inland applicant. Me & common law so two people on my application. I haven't heard any change in my file since January and I am September 5th AOR. Nearly at the 7 month mark now its kind of horrible to be left this long in the dark. Called CIC a week ago to update my address and they said my application is with Ottawa processing office all seems to be good (whatever that means) and they were going to email them to see whats going on. Still nothing LOL. Phoning CIC is frustrating and a waste of time in my opinion.

Browsing threads there is plenty of people from July, August & September AOR still not receiving PR.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am CEC inland applicant. Me & common law so two people on my application. I haven't heard any change in my file since January and I am September 5th AOR. Nearly at the 7 month mark now its kind of horrible to be left this long in the dark. Called CIC a week ago to update my address and they said my application is with Ottawa processing office all seems to be good (whatever that means) and they were going to email them to see whats going on. Still nothing LOL. Phoning CIC is frustrating and a waste of time in my opinion.

Browsing threads there is plenty of people from July, August & September AOR still not receiving PR.
Lately, Ottawa has become slow. There seems to be no pattern at all as to how they're processing applications now. Its all pretty random. Yes, you are correct there are quite a lot of folks from August & September still waiting for PPR.

Honestly, nothing really we can do but just hope it arrived soon :)

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Lately, Ottawa has become slow. There seems to be no pattern at all as to how they're processing applications now. Its all pretty random. Yes, you are correct there are quite a lot of folks from August & September still waiting for PPR.

Honestly, nothing really we can do but just hope it arrived soon :)
Fingers crossed for everybody. I think single applicants get first priority and get PPR quick to keep the processing times down.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Fingers crossed for everybody. I think single applicants get first priority and get PPR quick to keep the processing times down.
I doubt that is true. I am single applicant and I am approaching 5 months lol.

From what I've seen so far I think dependents and US residents are being prioritized