+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hello everyone
New in this forum... ...
Just spoke to an agent for the first time.... She said my file is in Ottawa.
Anyone whose aor is Nov 4, and file in Ottawa? ?
Did u get any update?

Reactions: Choosen

mani770

Apr 25, 2019
Hello everyone
New in this forum... ...
Just spoke to an agent for the first time.... She said my file is in Ottawa.
Anyone whose aor is Nov 4, and file in Ottawa? ?
Did u get any update?
Mine is also in ottawa. AOR November 5
After medical passed no update so far. Still in IP1 . Worried.

vienvy

Feb 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Very good sign :)
Called the IRCC office and was informed by the agent that my background check (eligibility, criminality and security) is completed/passed.
However, the only change I saw with that particular ghost update was that my medical status changed to "You do not need a medical exam....."
Received another ghost update on Friday where the medical status changed back to "You passed the medical exam"
My medicals expire on 21 Jun 2019. Either IRCC wants to finalise my file and wants me to do the initial landing in Canada before that or they have just extended my medicals.
Anybody faced something similar?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Called the IRCC office and was informed by the agent that my background check (eligibility, criminality and security) is completed/passed.
However, the only change I saw with that particular ghost update was that my medical status changed to "You do not need a medical exam....."
Received another ghost update on Friday where the medical status changed back to "You passed the medical exam"
My medicals expire on 21 Jun 2019. Either IRCC wants to finalise my file and wants me to do the initial landing in Canada before that or they have just extended my medicals.
They may extend your medicals

naten

Feb 20, 2018
are you inland? did the agent say they gonna send ppr letter soon?

vienvy

Feb 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
are you inland? did the agent say they gonna send ppr letter soon?
Nope. I'm applying from outside Canada. The agent said ideally next step is the PPR e-mail but said that the timeline cannot be confirmed. Also, I received a response from IRCC separately on Thursday (to a status enquiry raised a couple of weeks back) as follows:

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Received this e-mail after the call centre agent confirmed that background check has been completed

Reactions: Nimrod

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Nope. I'm applying from outside Canada. The agent said ideally next step is the PPR e-mail but said that the timeline cannot be confirmed. Also, I received a response from IRCC separately on Thursday (to a status enquiry raised a couple of weeks back) as follows:

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Received this e-mail after the call centre agent confirmed that background check has been completed
Wow that’s odd since they said all passed then why “currently in queue for review by an officer”???? Maybe next step is remeds for you.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018

This is what happened to me and to many others as well.. It is the process now, and I am guessing your application is not approved yet. The final review is next. So that you can compare here is my case:

I am March 2018 AOR, my case is in Ottawa, and in Jan. 2019 I passed everything like you. They extended my medical the same way: Medical status changed to "we don't need...." and then when they extended it, it changed back to "You passed medical..."... They extended it for one more year, until 2020.

When I contacted them, they said the case is awaiting the final review; and that's when the approval happen. They don't know when will this happen, as they have a lot of load now. The agent told me that they may decide to move the case to another office if the work load did not get better...etc...

So, all this was in January, and I am still waiting unfortunately, no news at all.

My advise is that you plan to expect a response in few months. I think you shouldn't get hopeful like myself and expect everything to be finalised so quick because you passed all stages....you will be really disappointed. Just give it a lot of time. After all, I wish you the best luck in getting the PPR as fast as possible...

Take care

vienvy

Feb 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Wow that’s odd since they said all passed then why “currently in queue for review by an officer”???? Maybe next step is remeds for you.
My medicals expire on 21 Jun. If it's going to be re-meds, they'll wait until medicals expire to inform me, correct? So, another couple of months!!:eek::eek:
I don't know if the due date under 'Application assignment' section of the GCMS notes (Page 2) means anything in this context. If it does, my file should be reviewed by April 30, 2019!

vienvy

Feb 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
This is what happened to me and to many others as well.. It is the process now, and I am guessing your application is not approved yet. The final review is next. So that you can compare here is my case:

I am March 2018 AOR, my case is in Ottawa, and in Jan. 2019 I passed everything like you. They extended my medical the same way: Medical status changed to "we don't need...." and then when they extended it, it changed back to "You passed medical..."... They extended it for one more year, until 2020.

When I contacted them, they said the case is awaiting the final review; and that's when the approval happen. They don't know when will this happen, as they have a lot of load now. The agent told me that they may decide to move the case to another office if the work load did not get better...etc...

So, all this was in January, and I am still waiting unfortunately, no news at all.

My advise is that you plan to expect a response in few months. I think you shouldn't get hopeful like myself and expect everything to be finalised so quick because you passed all stages....you will be really disappointed. Just give it a lot of time. After all, I wish you the best luck in getting the PPR as fast as possible...

Take care
Oh wow! Seems like I was getting optimistic too fast!
When exactly did they extend your medicals - after expiry or a couple of months before (expiry) itself?
It is quite weird that certain cases (like ours) where all stages have passed are awaiting final review/approval while others applying after us get confirmations.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
My medicals expire on 21 Jun. If it's going to be re-meds, they'll wait until medicals expire to inform me, correct? So, another couple of months!!:eek::eek:
I don't know if the due date under 'Application assignment' section of the GCMS notes (Page 2) means anything in this context. If it does, my file should be reviewed by April 30, 2019!
I hope my response above helped a bit, but also wanted to comment on the Due Date on the notes... It means nothing and I asked many people and never found anyone making a sense of it. I think it is just an estimation. Mine showed that my file should be reviewed in March 7th, 2019.... nothing happened.... Previously, it had a different due date and also nothing happened.

As for the medicals, the agent told me that it is all up to the officer to extend them or asked for new ones... but you said your medical status changed twice, so the most logical explanation is that they extended them one more year. You can know if you order the notes again.

Good luck

Reactions: vienvy