+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merci beaucoup et felicitations a toi Lina-Ida, and thanks everyone else :)

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Hello all,

It's so nice to see that alot of you have got or are getting the visas, finally the wheel is turning.

I sent an email last night to Ottawa office asking who i should be contacting going forward and when will i have my interview, I got this reply:

Madam,
Our London office now has carriage of the file. They will contact you once they are ready to proceed.

AHAA, has carriage?? who? when?? where??? the only thing I can say is (or sing):

Love and marriage, love and marriage, they go together like horse and CARRIAGE!!!! :D

anyways, i don't know what it means really, another 2 months? hmmmm, maybe :)

cheers

MAMACHI

Jun 11, 2011
Hi Cammerwell,
Big congrats, on your QA interview ,it gives us in the same bot hope.Pls share your experience,why the Qa interview and what questions did they ask and why.so those of us waiting will be getting ready why 2-3wks for visa .congrats again

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Congrats edupolo, M+JM and Camerwell, what a great news for you guys to plan your trips. Ya it certainly is very hot in Toronto now a days. It's crazy here but good thing is, no rain from last 3 weeks now and won't rain for another few days so change from british weather.

M+JM, i'm so happy for you guys, what an exciting and great moment for you guys to celebrate., i feel like as if i'm getting married. Wish you best wishes.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Dear Friends ,

Finally the day has come , tonight 24th July we are flying by Jet Airways - Mumbai >> Brussels >> Toronto .
Looking forward to a new beginning and meeting all our friends and seniors :)

Will share our landing experience soon . Pray for us and wishing all the newbies and others a very best and hope to see all of you in Canada this year .
Cheers !!!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello all,

so... we are now back from Canada and our landing experience was amazing!!! so easy and everyone was so nice and funny, althogh noone understood why an American and a Spaniard would want to move to Canada haha however, it was so nice for us to hear WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME. The whole process lasted only 30 minutes from airplane to taxi.

First we went to speak to immigration officer who just checked our COPR and visas. Then she asked how much money we had, we told her and offered to show it to her and she said it was not necessary. She also asked if we planned to travel outside Canada but she said it did not matter because we could enter with out passports, as we come from visa exempt countries. She scanned the passports and told us to go to the welcoming centre.

At the welcoming centre, we were given a lot of papers and we were given the opportunity to ask questions. It was very fast and from there we were sent to customs.

At customs, the guy who helped us was very impressed about how organised we were. He asked to see the money and then gave us a copy of everything for us to keep and wished us a happy day. I must say that our guy was very very nice, but I did see other immigrants going through a much harder experience than us, so it all depends on who you get.

Other than that, we enjoyed Toronto very much. We went to the beach and swam in the lake. People are so nice! we were there for just 5 days and we alreayd feel like we have made friends and lots of contacts for when we move there permanently. We are very sad to be back in London, but now we know that we have made the right decision with Canada. Everyone there is so proud of Canada, no matter what race or nationality, it is a very nice feeling. We have brought back so many canadian flags in the form of key chains, magnets and bag tags... we are officially proud to be part of such a great nation.

I hope you all guys get there soon and have such wonderful experiences or better. Good luck!

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Edupolo - Thanks for sharing your experience, and wonderful that it was such a good experience! I have private messaged you, there are a couple of questions that I had that I hope you don't mind helping me with.

Thanks to your well wishes Ahmadtajwer and Mamachi.

Mamachi, we were informed that we were part of a QA group for London embassy to verify that Ottawa were processing correctly. We were also told that it was routine and just to check our records and documents that we had originally sent. In the interview we were not really asked any specific routine questions, instead the officer asked us personal questions about where we hoped to land, and whether I had already started to apply for jobs. I think this was more out of interest and them making conversation than anything else. The reason why it will take 2 to 3 weeks for our passports to come back to us is that they needs to first cash the bankers draft that we were asked to bring with us, as soon as this is done then our passports will be processed and returned.

They were on the whole very friendly, she made a few jokes and made us feel instantly at ease.

Hope this helps!

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone and Congrats to all those who have got their QA interviews, PPRs,visas and landing done! Best wishes to M+JM on tying the knot !... Wow! a lots been going on while we've been away and busy !!

Thank you M+JM and Camerwell for your accounts of ur QA interviews. Yesterday we got a mail from London saying we've been selected for QA and its to be in October 2011 and that details will follow. As we are in Oman, and we did our meds on Dec 5th 2010, the clock seems to be ticking really fast!

Signing off with Best wishes to all...

Lina-Ida

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Dear friends, today I got passports back by ARAMEX!!!!!
CHEERS!!!
We will land in 2 weeks with God help.
Our flight will be Jeddah-London-Toronto and after few hours Toronto-Ottawa.
Congratulations to Edupolo, Cammerwell and Deeaar, wish all of you good luck and happiness!!!
One time more congratulations to M+JM!
Good luck and best wishes to all Ottawa group fellows, still awaiting PPRs, don't mind, PPRs will come very soon.
For me it took 46 months, but it worth it!!!
I will remain forum member and will later write further news about landing in Canada.

Lina-Ida

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edupolo, can you answer, please, did you fill COPR papers and PPR applications beforehand?
I started to write down B-4A and B-4E papers, also I did requested Immunsation Card for my daughter, but don't
know, should be also prepared any other forms prior to landing?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi Lina-Ida,
We did not prepare anything apart from the list of goods. Do not touch your COPR in any way, it has to be signed in front of officer. No PPR applications beforehand either. They just want your Canadian address, it is as simple as that.
Just go there with your Passports, COPR, Proof of Funds, and lists of goods. I did not sign the B4 forms beforehand as I wanted to make sure everything was correct with custom officer and signed it in fron of him.
Hope this helps and good luck. Very happy for all of you, I keep thinking every day how happy I am that this process is all over and we just need to worry about starting our lives over there.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
you are welcome and good luck with it. I hope your landing is as smooth as mine was.
By the way, if you or anyone ask me a question, it may be best to send me an IM message through here, since I do not get to check the forum as often. It seems like things have quiet down on theis thread. I think that is good news because it means most of us are getting sorted little by little.
It has been nice to have such support from everyone during this very stressful time.
I hope that you are all well and happy.

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Congratulations to everyone who got the good news. Wow, I've been away from this forum for too long it seems!

Good luck for the rest.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Just back to the UK from Florida where we had the best wedding we could have dreamed of (thanks in no small part to a nice gift from CIC London a few weeks before ;D).
Now we're getting ready for the big move in just 3.5 weeks... Movers and boxes, vet certificate for the cats, import permit for our precious bonsai...The race is on!

Will update you all!