Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Well, whatever it is, I hope it's an indication that things will move quicker from now on. But I always thought that the PPR would be coming from Ottawa, not London. If our files are really transferred to London that means that Ottawa's role is over now?

Nothing but questions, ha!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
It's kind of ambiguous at the moment, AOR states that Ottawa will be finalising our applications but Ottawa wrote to one of us that London will be contacting your for PPR. It's confusing but whoever that is, may they do it quickly.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
ahaboubi said:
Well, whatever it is, I hope it's an indication that things will move quicker from now on. But I always thought that the PPR would be coming from Ottawa, not London. If our files are really transferred to London that means that Ottawa's role is over now?

Nothing but questions, ha!
Ottawa was only requested to "bail out" London in some cases - to give them some breathing space.
The PR letter will definitely be from London. I don't think Ottawa issue's Visa.

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
ahmadtajwer said:
Ya, the problem is, who'll issue PPR letter, visa will definitely be issued by CHC London
Dear all,

Due to cost recovery management system CHC London will be sending RPRF instructions and PHEP to Ottawa applicants in a strict chronological order. There will be at least 42 months of total processing time for Ottawa applications.

Currently CHC London is finalising SAP applications submitted during January 2007-June 2007.

There is also a solid chance that CHC London will transfer November 2007-February 2008 SAP applications to Ottawa by April 2011 for faster processing.

Nectar

godwilling

Oct 21, 2010
DUBAI
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
31 oct 2010
Interview........
28 july 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29 july 2011
Hi! Guys
Ya ,status has changed from blank to IN PROCESS . It is also mentioned that medical results have been received. Good to see some progress in our cases. All the best to all of us.

ahaboubi said:
Guys, the online status is not blank any more for me! Check yours also.

Mine is now showing In Process, and when I click on it, the last entry says that they received my medicals, so that's good (I think).

Good luck.

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Hi Nectar,

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that the 10 months processing time that Ottawa promised us is no longer applicable?

Regards.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, great news
though we can't access our status (we'd been checking recently and it worked fine, now we don't seem to be able to access it anymore, GRR). Anyway, we contacted CIC to ask them about our status and we'll see what they say.
Like you all said, it's moving forward, every little helps :)!!

Nectar
Due to cost recovery management system CHC London will be sending RPRF instructions and PHEP to Ottawa applicants in a strict chronological order. There will be at least 42 months of total processing time for Ottawa applications.
DO you mean 42 for finalised (meaning we'll have our visas?)...?
thanks for the info anyway.

Secret

Jan 12, 2011
Check out this piece from CHC London website:
" ......... For permanent resident applications, it normally takes 3 months after our medical office receives the medical examination results from the Designated Medical Practitioner before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application. This is true only if you have already complied with our other requests (e.g. to submit other documents).
This office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above. If you have not heard from us within these processing times, you can submit an enquiry for a case status update. "
(end of quote)
This info is located in:
canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/medical-medicaux.aspx?lang=eng
So, for those who know their medicals have been received more than 3 months ago, go ahead, and bombard London with questions about your application.
Personally I still have three weeks to go before the three months period elapses.
Don't forget to let us know if you receive a reply.
Good luck...

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
ahaboubi said:
Hi Nectar,

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that the 10 months processing time that Ottawa promised us is no longer applicable?

Regards.
Dear ahaboubi,

The correspondence from Ottawa office clearly says that if you won't get correspondence from us within 10 months then you may contact us. But most of the ottawa applicants got medical instructions from Ottawa office- means Ottawa responded within the given timeframe of 10 months.

First half of 2011 is very important for SAP July 2007-October 2007 applications.

I hope this assists you.

Nectar

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nectar I liked it better whan you wrote about the "first quarter of 2011" ::)

We'll see what (and if) CIC replies to our enquiry.
The problem with your idea Secret is that we were never even told that they had received our meds... From what we have been told (CHC London said 3 weeks ago that they had "no carriage of our file") it looks like it's Ottawa who dealt with our meds, even though our DMPs did send them to London. So, received, not received, and by whom?!?
But you're quite right, we should all assume that our meds have been received (just tell them that "meds were sent to you in XXX") and see what they say.

As for our case status, I'm trying to explain to myself why we can no longer access it (was fine a couple of weeks ago)... We were told 3 weeks ago that "our file was ready for visa"... and now your ecase is in process again. Could the blank status have meant that we were no longer London (CPPO), and that now our files have reached London??? Let's see what CIC says....

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
M+JM said:
Nectar I liked it better whan you wrote about the "first quarter of 2011" ::)

We'll see what (and if) CIC replies to our enquiry.
The problem with your idea Secret is that we were never even told that they had received our meds... From what we have been told (CHC London said 3 weeks ago that they had "no carriage of our file") it looks like it's Ottawa who dealt with our meds, even though our DMPs did send them to London. So, received, not received, and by whom?!?
But you're quite right, we should all assume that our meds have been received (just tell them that "meds were sent to you in XXX") and see what they say.

As for our case status, I'm trying to explain to myself why we can no longer access it (was fine a couple of weeks ago)... We were told 3 weeks ago that "our file was ready for visa"... and now your ecase is in process again. Could the blank status have meant that we were no longer London (CPPO), and that now our files have reached London??? Let's see what CIC says....
Dear M+JM,

About 1500 Ottawa applicants couln't be finalised within first 3 months of 2011.

Nectar

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:( :( :(
I know i know...but they had said a few weeks in their last mail...how disappointing..
thank you

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Nectar said:
Dear ahaboubi,

The correspondence from Ottawa office clearly says that if you won't get correspondence from us within 10 months then you may contact us. But most of the ottawa applicants got medical instructions from Ottawa office- means Ottawa responded within the given timeframe of 10 months.

First half of 2011 is very important for SAP July 2007-October 2007 applications.

I hope this assists you.

Nectar
Thanks again Nectar. I guess 42 months of total processing time is not that much later than 10 months since Ottawa received our documents. As long as they don't go beyond this date by too much ???

Regards