+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
@ Psychosibes, you are absolutely right. Once you submit your docs than they start background checks, i.e. verification of docs, eligibility review, work confirmation etc and on the basis of that, if you succeed than you get medicals. After medicals they do a security check for any criminal records in any country or anyother inadmissibilities and after that final step is PPR.

@edupolo, i really don't agree with quota system, people always talk about it but i don't know whether it's true or not. If we have to send our medicals to CHC London than i hope that they put us back in London queue which is infinite not that CPP Ottawa has worked out for us but London is one of the slowest at the moment. Anyways good luck to you for ur PPR.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not holding it anymore, I had to write to CPPO about these worries. Here is the mail I sent:

Dear Sir or Madam,

We applied for permanent immigration in September 2007 (London Office). Will any quotas (number of visas awarded per calendar year, etc) apply for us?

Also, we will be away on holiday for a month and since we have not received our medical check request yet we think there is a chance that we might receive it then (we submitted all our documents to CPPO in April 2010). Is there still a chance we will receive it before the end of October? If we receive it while we are away, will we have a slightly extended time limit to complete the medical checks?

Thank you very much for your help. Sorry to have to contact you, I appreciate that the emails you receive can create more delays.

Here you go...I hope their answer clarifies the quota question and gives us a hint of when to expect the med checks...(we definitely thought we'd receive it in August but had to turn yet another page in our calendar... :-[)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!
Woah...What a record speed reply we got from CPPO! I emailed them a few hours ago and checked my mails tonight just in case...
Here's the reply:

Madam,
We have no quota that we are aware of. The medical forms were sent out a few days ago. We ask you to complete your medical examinations within 60 days. Visas would not be issued until at least early 2011.

1) Now we have a good reason for watching the postman in the next few days!:)
2) Good news for all of us, no quotas for visas!
3) "Early 2011" is on par with the timeline we read everywhere (3 months after med check).

I thanked them for their really quick (and personalised) reply. They took the time to actually look up our file number and even changed the mail title!:)

Just for a reminder: our docs were sent to CPPO in April 2010 and the AOR was received on the 14th April.
Hope yours come soon, too! Hopefully they should!

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Wow, that is a very quick and precise reply. Quite a good news even for us
who are still in queue. I am a Nov. 2007 hopeful and quite inspired by your
post. Many thanks..

Piolo

ramuk

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hai

Good news for london 2007 applicants..................really appreciate it

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Thanks for the email you sent! I am shocked of how precise they are with their answer, it is a first I think!
I am glad that by the looks of it, we are getting our visas by early 2011, that is perfect for me cos I am seconding someone until June next year and I want to get the experience so I will move to Canada as soon as that is over... perfect time with hot Canadian summer.
Hope you guys get your medicals and also hoping I get my passport request soon although I hope it does not make me cancel my Xmas holidays that I have already booked.

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey mjm,

thanks for the info!
good luck on your med test!

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! We'll let you know how we get on. It'll be in Edinburgh or Aberdeen. We're just waiting for the real paper letter to arrive before booking our appointment :)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by the way, edupolo, was your med check request letter sent from Ottawa or London?? Just so we know when to expect to receive ours :)

Thanks!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
hello,
yes it came from Ottawa, it was signed 13 July and got it on 17 July, so not too bad!
I cant wait to see when you guys get it, it is a good sign that they were so positive with your response and that they told you they know nothing about quotas.
I am now hoping that my passport request come soon. I have a holiday booked in December and trying to avoid booking anything else so that I dont habe any issues when they request my passport.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
got an email from cppo on friday asking for my wife's 4 months history just before she turned 18. i donno why coz they only asks ur history since the age of 18. will be faxing them today the required info. see how it goes, more delay i believe.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's strange. At least it means your file is being looked at right now, maybe they just needed to check something. If you can try to figure out why they ask that (change of situation at that time?) you can give them the info they're probably looking for. Hope you hear from them soon!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Cheers M+JM, i will fax the reqd today and will wait and see. I think it's atleast not something major like refilling of certain forms or employment issue etc. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got med request letter!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It was sent on 1st September. Guess it took a little longer to reach the Scottish north coast ::)
As soon as we had the letter we jumped on the phone. We'd already saved the list of designated doctors in our area, so we quickly phoned them all to ask how soon they could have us for a double appointment. We got one in Glasgow (still 8 hours from our home, but it's the closest!!) that could take us on Friday 10...
So just 2 hours after the letter reached our hands, we had an appointment, train tickets, a hotel and new ID photos for the meds. When you've been waiting for months and they finally give you the chance to act, you don't want to waste a single minute! :p

We'll let you know how it goes. Hope for everyone this means CPPO is looking at all our files and you get your med req soon!