+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I didn't, but I asked if we can come pick it up, and said no , and mailing is the only option once the office re-opens. They said offices are closed because of the protest.
Yes, I guess they were closed on Feb 9th. I sent an email few weeks ago, and I got an auto-reply said that the office is closed. I sent another email yesterday, I didn't get an auto-reply. They should be back to the office now.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
I totally agree. It would be better if somebody go there one day, a person who lives close to the office to check if the office is open. Then, we can all go there the next day. I am sure that is the only way. Even if they don't finish them right away, we should get a promise from them. These are our rights to get the service for what we have paid.
May be we should start demanding cost recovery if the service standard is not met. That will perhaps, keep them accountable.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Looking to the news now the minister announced prioritizing applications from ukrain. We are 28 months waiting and you know what, we are from crisis countries too, we need piece of mind . My heart and thoughts with ukrain people because we know how war feels.

• Sad
Reactions: ronwahd

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
What about everyone of us reporting a complaint on IRCC website?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=3
As long as there is no quantifiable impact there wont be much action. Money talks everytime. Let's say if there is a provision of refund of 20% fee if service standard of an non routine application is not met, then they will take care of it. Also, like that of USCIS , should IRCC adopt a premium processing , say charge more fees but will process the application faster than the standard time, then applicants will have a choice . These provisions require some consultations first, but will be beneficial to both government and applicants.

Last edited:

maartenvg

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015 (1st stage)
File Transfer...
06-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
Seems like I'm the same boat the others that are waiting for their certificate from the Ottawa office.

My Oath was the 15th of November, no signs of life since then. My ECAS is still saying "In Progress" for the ceremony step.
Tried e-mailing them at the "Ottawa CIT Scheduling / Planification CIT Ottawa (IRCC)" address, but no response besides the standard auto reply.

I'll try calling tomorrow to see if they have more visibility (has it been printed? has it been sent?) and can send the team a message. After that I'll hit up my MP.

What e-mail addresses have you tried?

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Seems like I'm the same boat the others that are waiting for their certificate from the Ottawa office.

My Oath was the 15th of November, no signs of life since then. My ECAS is still saying "In Progress" for the ceremony step.
Tried e-mailing them at the "Ottawa CIT Scheduling / Planification CIT Ottawa (IRCC)" address, but no response besides the standard auto reply.

I'll try calling tomorrow to see if they have more visibility (has it been printed? has it been sent?) and can send the team a message. After that I'll hit up my MP.

What e-mail addresses have you tried?
It has been 3 months and a half for your certificate. I am wondering why Ottawa office keeps running oath ceremonies if they are not printing certificates anymore. The funny thing is when they say they have cleared the backlog and we can expect the certificate in 2-4 weeks. Based on your timelines, certificates are to be printed in 4-5 months if not more.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
I do not understand the narrative arround all these delays

i calledand the automated ansower states that if your application mailed after January 14th application process not started yet. This is so un true. So manu November 2020 applicants as well 2021 are done with process and have passport already. This is so wrong .

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

i calledand the automated ansower states that if your application mailed after January 14th application process not started yet. This is so un true. So manu November 2020 applicants as well 2021 are done with process and have passport already. This is so wrong .
Yeah, this is super frustrating. IRCC Ottawa is just in denial and there is no accountability.
I still believe that including minister's email and a couple of news channel email ids in the CC column will probably push IRCC Ottawa to give answers and start the work on files that are pending.

skk90

Feb 16, 2022

Purely an Ottawa office issue. Friends and family on Toronto , BC and elsewhere for the certificate within a week. Been since December 15th of my ceremony and still haven’t even update my file online let alone any update on the certificate. Ottawa office is a total disaster

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I already wrote to the minister.......... no luck!
Same. I wrote about 10 days ago.
But we should still keep sending emails to IRCC Ottawa and copy the minister. So that they may realize that they are holding people back and needs to step up and process the files.

Kyru

Jun 18, 2014
We received our certificate just now. Thru mail. We were scheduled to pick them up on February 1st, but was cancelled because of the protest. Thank God they sent them to us thru regular mail.

Applied January 2020.
Took oath November 24, 2021
Tracker still Oath In Progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa