+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
The date of the ceremony is the date on which you become Canadian or the date when officer print the certificate ?

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Also how many people are you seeing in ceremony currently for Ottawa ? I am loosing hope to get anything soon. They often send invites 20 days prior to ceremony, if i received it today will be March 18!!!! So i am afraid that ceremony will be 2023 with this speed of snails

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
The date of the ceremony is the date on which you become Canadian or the date when officer print the certificate ?
you become officially canadian on the date of the oath

Reactions: Dhaka2014

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Anyone received certificate recently from Ottawa? I am curious If they started going to work? It looks like Queens st is no longer occupied by the truckers. But they could use this excuse for a few days more since some roads around their building are still blocked.

EDIT: Queen st is still occupied by truckers (link of live cam below by @ronwahd )

Last edited:

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Anyone received certificate recently from Ottawa? I am curious If they started going to work? It looks like Queens st is no longer occupied by the truckers. But they could use this excuse for a few days more since some roads around their building are still blocked.
I hope so, but if you check the live webcams, I guess there are still truckers on Queen st. I could be wrong too. Hopefully, they will go in the next couple of weeks after the emergency act applied.
https://traffic.ottawa.ca/map/cameraWindow?id=267

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I hope so, but if you check the live webcams, I guess there are still truckers on Queen st. I could be wrong too. Hopefully, they will go in the next couple of weeks after the emergency act applied.
https://traffic.ottawa.ca/map/cameraWindow?id=267
You are right.. Kent and Queen st is where the office is located.. And the live cam shows that truckers are still there. I guess the employees won't be back to work until at least next week.

Last edited:

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
@Dhaka2014 were they able to fix your certificate validation?
Not yet. Passport office called me again today that they still cannot see the certificate info. They are following up with me (this is the 3rd time they called). Look how every other federal office is working. It is only IRCC who is UNABLE to work.

I sent emails to 2 directors who works at the same IRCC Ottawa office on Monday (to their work email address) asking for help. One of them has opened the email a few hours later (received read notification in Outlook). But no response and no action taken. Status is still "In-Progress".

I will wait until next week. Then I will take it further and I don't care anymore :)

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Not yet. Passport office called me again today that they still cannot see the certificate info. They are following up with me (this is the 3rd time they called). Look how every other federal office is working. It is only IRCC who is UNABLE to work.

I sent emails to 2 directors who works at the same IRCC Ottawa office on Monday (to their work email address) asking for help. One of them has opened the email a few hours later (received read notification in Outlook). But no response and no action taken. Status is still "In-Progress".

I will wait until next week. Then I will take it further and I don't care anymore :)
It is so strange. Is the Ottawa office the only place that can tell the national system that this person is citizen now? I am wondering if another place or office can close your file.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
You are right.. Kent and Queen st is where the office is located.. And the live cam shows that truckers are still there. I'm glad that the emergency act is in effect.. Those needs to be kicked out soon. But I guess the employees won't be back to work until at least next week.
As much as I understand your frustration with delayed processing, I'm taken aback by your thought of wanting your fellow citizens to be kicked out, for protesting for the very charter rights that you intend to subscribe to by taking an Oath. Emergency act is an unchecked abuse of power by the prime minister. It was originally called as 'war measures act', used during world wars and ironically during his father's tenure during October crisis. However, Quebec separation has far more violence to it, when compared to truckers protests which have been largely peaceful. Ottawa police chief has quit, probably didnt want blood on his hands. Right to dissent is what separates Communist countries from democracies, and Canada is heading rapidly headed towards becoming the former under the guise of Covid, if not for people pushing back the govt. overeach in their day to day life.

Last edited:

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
As much as I understand your frustration with delayed processing, I'm taken aback by your thought of wanting your fellow citizens to be kicked out, for protesting for the very charter rights that intend to subscribe to by taking an Oath. Emergency act is an unchecked abuse of power by the prime minister. It was originally called as 'war measures act', used during world wars and ironically during his father's tenure during October crisis. However, Quebec separation has far more violence to it, when compared to truckers protests which have been largely peaceful. Ottawa police chief has quit, probably didnt want blood on his hands. Right to dissent is what separates Communist countries from democracies, and Canada is heading rapidly headed towards becoming the former under the guise of Covid, if not for people pushing back the govt. overeach in their day to day life.
I personally don't agree or agree with your opinion. I think we have to leave our political views away from this group. If we all start expressing our political views, this group will stop being as help as it has always been. The group has been a less drama group than others because we concentrate on the main reason why the group was created. I'm afraid if we start these debates now, we will loose focus. Cheers!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
I personally don't agree or agree with your opinion. I think we have to leave our political views away from this group. If we all start expressing our political views, this group will stop being as help as it has always been. The group has been a less drama group than others because we concentrate on the main reason why the group was created. I'm afraid if we start these debates now, we will loose focus. Cheers!
Well, I had to say it because I wasn't expecting a poster to say that fellow Canadians need to be kicked out because they are protesting against something that doesnt fit the views of the poster.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
As much as I understand your frustration with delayed processing, I'm taken aback by your thought of wanting your fellow citizens to be kicked out, for protesting for the very charter rights that intend to subscribe to by taking an Oath. Emergency act is an unchecked abuse of power by the prime minister. It was originally called as 'war measures act', used during world wars and ironically during his father's tenure during October crisis. However, Quebec separation has far more violence to it, when compared to truckers protests which have been largely peaceful. Ottawa police chief has quit, probably didnt want blood on his hands. Right to dissent is what separates Communist countries from democracies, and Canada is heading rapidly headed towards becoming the former under the guise of Covid, if not for people pushing back the govt. overeach in their day to day life.
The truckers are their just because of the hate they have for the PM, it is not about Vxx mandates or soever. Vxx mandates are the provincial concern not federal. They don't know what they want. Also, there 180 businesses are closed only at Rideau Center. More than 1000 downtown residents are relocated and bothered due to the crowd and noise of the truckers. Now, we are here and suffering. I hope they will be kicked out soon. I am with any kind protests but not with the blockades. Even Pierre is against the blockades.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanWin

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
The truckers are their just because of the hate they have for the PM, it is not about Vxx mandates or soever. Vxx mandates are the provincial concern not federal. They don't know what they want. Also, there 180 businesses are closed only at Rideau Center. More than 1000 downtown residents are relocated and bothered due to the crowd and noise of the truckers. Now, we are here and suffering. I hope they will be kicked out soon.
Vaxx mandates are federal as well. Borders are enforced by federal employees not provincial. In the history of Canada, this is perhaps the first time where a medical intervention was enforced rather than being a choice. They want the covid measures to be 'by choice' like those in the USA, Sweden. What do you expect protestors to do to a PM who is bent on wiping them out of their livelihoods, because of a bodily choice. The truckers have been exempted from vax mandates as they are essential workers ever since the start of the pandemic. Why is vax mandatory for them all of a sudden? There has been no study or data to show that truckers are responsible for increasing Covid cases much less deaths. That's a paltry number by comparison to small business closures that feds and provincial mandates have resulted in last two years and are only growing. Half a trillion dollars were printed by the current govt and was distributed to all big business including Costcos, Walmarts so on, when small business were forced to be shut down, which has resulted in inflationary economy where real estate, groceries and gas have gone up in price. Why is that government unwilling to negotiate with its citizens, instead? Why are they not able to get a court order, if the protestors are so wrong in their protest? Why is that they need to go to an extent of invoking war measures act ? Our suffering started due to govt. Covid measures, and incompetent IRCC employees, not because of truckers. Truckers are only in Ottawa since Jan 29, 2022 whereas the posters in this group have been made to wait for last two years citing covid delays.

Last edited: