+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Vaxx mandates the federal as well. Borders are enforced by federal employees not provincial. In the history of Canada, this is perhaps the first time where a medical choice was enforced rather than being a choice. They want the covid measures to be 'by choice' like those in the USA, Sweden. What do you expect protestors to do to a PM who is bent on wiping them out of their livelihoods, because of a bodily choice. The truckers have been exempted from vax mandates as they are essential workers ever since the start of the pandemic. Why is vax mandatory for them all of a sudden? There has been no study or data to show that truckers are responsible for increasing Covid cases much less deaths. That's a paltry number by comparison to small business closures what feds and provincial mandates have resulted in last two years and were only growing. Half a trillion dollars were printed by the current govt and was distributed to all big business including Costcos, Walmarts so on, when small business were forced to be shut down, which has resulted in inflationary economy where real estate, groceries and gas has gone up in price. Why is that government unwilling to negotiate with its citizens, instead? Why are they not able to get a court order, if the protestors are so wrong in their protest? Why is that they need to go to an extent of invoking war measures act ? Our suffering started due to govt. Covid measures, and incompetent IRCC employees, not because of truckers. Truckers are only in Ottawa since Jan 29, 2022 whereas the posters in this group have been made to wait for last two years citing covid delays.
I agree with most of your words.

Reactions: AGENTOO7

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Guys, it is a request to please not to post about the political viewpoints on this thread. This thread is for helping out people with their citizenship applications.
It is okay to have an opinion and you can always start a separate thread for political viewpoints. Hope everyone will understand. Thanks.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
It is so strange. Is the Ottawa office the only place that can tell the national system that this person is citizen now? I am wondering if another place or office can close your file.
I am sure every office does that.. Once they print the certificate, they need to enter the number in another system/database. That's what is missing in my case. They person who printed the certificates, didn't enter them in the system

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I am sure every office does that.. Once they print the certificate, they need to enter the number in another system/database. That's what is missing in my case. They person who printed the certificates, didn't enter them in the system
I see. I don't know whether that is possible or not, but can you go or send an email to another office and ask them to add you to the system, or contact the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Vaxx mandates are federal as well. Borders are enforced by federal employees not provincial. In the history of Canada, this is perhaps the first time where a medical intervention was enforced rather than being a choice. They want the covid measures to be 'by choice' like those in the USA, Sweden. What do you expect protestors to do to a PM who is bent on wiping them out of their livelihoods, because of a bodily choice. The truckers have been exempted from vax mandates as they are essential workers ever since the start of the pandemic. Why is vax mandatory for them all of a sudden? There has been no study or data to show that truckers are responsible for increasing Covid cases much less deaths. That's a paltry number by comparison to small business closures that feds and provincial mandates have resulted in last two years and are only growing. Half a trillion dollars were printed by the current govt and was distributed to all big business including Costcos, Walmarts so on, when small business were forced to be shut down, which has resulted in inflationary economy where real estate, groceries and gas have gone up in price. Why is that government unwilling to negotiate with its citizens, instead? Why are they not able to get a court order, if the protestors are so wrong in their protest? Why is that they need to go to an extent of invoking war measures act ? Our suffering started due to govt. Covid measures, and incompetent IRCC employees, not because of truckers. Truckers are only in Ottawa since Jan 29, 2022 whereas the posters in this group have been made to wait for last two years citing covid delays.
Thanks for your opinion and I fully respect it.. I don't want to drag it further (I've already edited by post about the trucker to avoid any further discussion about politics in this forum). Truckers protesting infront of the parliament building (where the decision makers work) is different than blocking Queens St where non political offices and businesses are located. I am sure you won't be happy with a blockage infront of your house, office or your business if you have no influence on their demands. People have the right to protest (peacefully) at Nathan Philip Square in Toronto but they don't have the right to block highway 401 and disrupt the normal lives of residents and local business and services. That's not acceptable. And my comment was all about that.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronwahd

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I see. I don't know whether that is possible or not, but can you go or send an email to another office and ask them to add you to the system, or contact the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
I am sure it is possible, but I highly doubt they would do it unless instructed by a high level official from the culprit office. Would you (voluntarily) take the responsibility to fix a screw up done by another office to help a citizen?

Last time, the minister's office took an action (followed up with Ottawa office) a month after I sent the escalation email, if things go the same way, I expect they will follow up after a month this time as well.. BUT this time, Ottawa office has a ready excuse (Sorry minister, truckers are blocking our office, our safety is more important than anything else). If truckers move out of Queens st. I may take a chance and drive 2.5hrs one way just to see if I can be lucky enough to meet any IRCC officer.

Rai Mazhar Farid Jami

Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
Congrats man, when you receive the email invite pls let us know. im scheduled for 23rd of Feb and i didnt get mine yet
Hello

Today I received the official email to attend the Oath ceremony on March 08, 2022. The interesting thing, letter is from Niagara office and not Ottawa. Who cares :)

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
looks like the truckers will be dealt with today, might take a while but I hope the office will open next week

Reactions: Dhaka2014

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
looks like the truckers will be dealt with today, might take a while but I hope the office will open next week
Once the office opens, it will definitely be a positive impact on the certificates. I think other aspects of the application process, such as scheduling tests or oaths are still happening even with the office building closed.

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
So I’ve been watching and waiting. Our situation was a little different in that we were contacted by IRCC on December 24 asking for a copy of a misplaced document and then we’d be finalized for oath end of Jan. To cut a LONG story short they only needed a copy as they misplaced the documents as they’re working from home!!! I had copies of everything except this police certificate as I sent the original. Anyway, we finally had a new one issued (global affairs is only accepting authentication by mail and averaging 45 days). We were contacted yesterday to say we were scheduled for March 9th oath. I went in today and all was marked complete and new oath scheduled in the system. Now to wait on the email invitation!!! We’re December 2019 applicants who finished the test in May 2021!

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
So I’ve been watching and waiting. Our situation was a little different in that we were contacted by IRCC on December 24 asking for a copy of a misplaced document and then we’d be finalized for oath end of Jan. To cut a LONG story short they only needed a copy as they misplaced the documents as they’re working from home!!! I had copies of everything except this police certificate as I sent the original. Anyway, we finally had a new one issued (global affairs is only accepting authentication by mail and averaging 45 days). We were contacted yesterday to say we were scheduled for March 9th oath. I went in today and all was marked complete and new oath scheduled in the system. Now to wait on the email invitation!!! We’re December 2019 applicants who finished the test in May 2021!
Congrats.. You will receive the email invite with zoom call ID within a week or so.. Don't worry :)

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Just called the IRCC callcenter to follow up on the validation for citizenship certificates.. The call center added a new reference about the situation in Ukraine and that IRCC is closely monitoring the situation there.

COVID excuse was there for 2 years and still ongoing.
Afghanistan excuse is still active.
Truckers excuse is still active.
Ukraine excuse has just started.

It feels like IRCC is responsible for everything in globe except Canadians who are in Canada.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
congratulations! i know you've been waiting forever

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Congratulations !! Happy to hear that stucked folks like myself got some hope . I hope we are next .