File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Sept 2020 applicant, got my test invite Jan 13 for test period Jan17-Feb3, did the test on Jan 17. Test changed to completed Jan 28, and now DM Feb 8!
Great news! They went quickly once they finally invited you to write the citizenship test! Glad they have a fire lit under them now ;)

Reactions: omarnabsws
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Which area you are in? Orleans MP office usually respond within a day or two.
Glad your MP is quick to reply! We're in Kanata. Jenna Sudds. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then I'll send a follow up email and maybe call too if I haven't heard yet. Don't want to bother her TOO much that she doesn't want to help :)

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
All statuses except oath are now completed for me. Waiting for the oath now. Any idea how long Ottawa office will take for sending the oath invite?
Great! More movement! The Ottawa office is alive :D When did you apply?

Reactions: immg.applicant

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I sent the following email to my MP this morning (Ottawa South)

H David McGuinty

I wanted to bring to your attention something that has been affecting many citizenship applicants in Ottawa. I am one of your constituents, I live in the apartment towers at ****.

The Ottawa citizenship office has been notoriously slow in printing out certificates for new Canadians, stopping them from getting a passport, many have lost their flights because of it. Most other offices close your file the next day and email the certificates. Ottawa has been keeping files open for months. It is unfathomable how people are being kept waiting for nothing. can't travel, can't vote, aren't officially canadian, just because someone didnt close their file on the system yet.

Some new Canadians have been waiting for their certificates after completing the oath in November. Recently, IRCC sent out an email to some people telling them to come pick the certificates up from the office but then the truckers' convoy happened. IRCC sent out a correspondence saying that their office in Queens St will be closed and that they dont know when they will open again.

Thing is, we do not know when the Truckers will leave. And we can not afford to wait indefinitely after waiting so long to become Canadians, just for a piece of paper to be printed.

My oath is scheduled on Feb 23rd. I havent taken it yet, but I have travel in April I can not miss, and seeing the trends now I have decided to reach out now and be proactive about it.

I am not asking for an application status update, but for H David to intervene with IRCC or with the immigration minister to resolve the certificate backlog in Ottawa ASAP. 4 months wait is not acceptable, Ottawa IRCC is the slowest in issuing certificates anyway. Im not sure how it can be resolved, maybe by issuing ecertificates, or for other IRCC offices to get tasked in sending Ottawa certificates with priority, or for another gov department that is open that can print certificates to do it, or for IRCC to actually open their office, The office is reachable if they wanted to reach it.

I have spoken with many Ottawa applicants, many of whom live in Ottawa south, about this issue. If we do not get the certificate, we can not get the passport, if we can not get the passport, we can not leave Canada. Our lives are basically running on someone else's pace

I would appreciate it if you got back to me. Again, this is not a request to access a specific file, but to get a solutions for the huge backlog of certificates to be printed in Ottawa and a solution around the current closure because of the truckers demo.

Best

--------------------

They replied 3 hours later:

Thank you for your email to Mr. McGuinty.

We appreciate hearing from our constituents on matters such as the one you have articulated below.

We wanted to share with you that Mr. McGuinty has brought this important issue to the attention of Immigration Minister and other officials recently. It has been announced that IRCC has committed to process these cases in a timely manner.

As you have very rightly mentioned, the COVID -19 pandemic has caused delays and the most current situation is further exacerbating the pressure to the already overburdened system. Once you take the oath, please let us know if you do not receive the certificate within 2 weeks. If you wish to do so, we could enquire about your particular file.

Regards,

---------------

Ottawa south has a huge migrant block, I believe McGuinty has a better (or closer) relationship with IRCC because of that. I wouldnt be surprised if the certificates issue has already been brought up

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I sent the following email to my MP this morning (Ottawa South)

H David McGuinty

I wanted to bring to your attention something that has been affecting many citizenship applicants in Ottawa. I am one of your constituents, I live in the apartment towers at ****.

The Ottawa citizenship office has been notoriously slow in printing out certificates for new Canadians, stopping them from getting a passport, many have lost their flights because of it. Most other offices close your file the next day and email the certificates. Ottawa has been keeping files open for months. It is unfathomable how people are being kept waiting for nothing. can't travel, can't vote, aren't officially canadian, just because someone didnt close their file on the system yet.

Some new Canadians have been waiting for their certificates after completing the oath in November. Recently, IRCC sent out an email to some people telling them to come pick the certificates up from the office but then the truckers' convoy happened. IRCC sent out a correspondence saying that their office in Queens St will be closed and that they dont know when they will open again.

Thing is, we do not know when the Truckers will leave. And we can not afford to wait indefinitely after waiting so long to become Canadians, just for a piece of paper to be printed.

My oath is scheduled on Feb 23rd. I havent taken it yet, but I have travel in April I can not miss, and seeing the trends now I have decided to reach out now and be proactive about it.

I am not asking for an application status update, but for H David to intervene with IRCC or with the immigration minister to resolve the certificate backlog in Ottawa ASAP. 4 months wait is not acceptable, Ottawa IRCC is the slowest in issuing certificates anyway. Im not sure how it can be resolved, maybe by issuing ecertificates, or for other IRCC offices to get tasked in sending Ottawa certificates with priority, or for another gov department that is open that can print certificates to do it, or for IRCC to actually open their office, The office is reachable if they wanted to reach it.

I have spoken with many Ottawa applicants, many of whom live in Ottawa south, about this issue. If we do not get the certificate, we can not get the passport, if we can not get the passport, we can not leave Canada. Our lives are basically running on someone else's pace

I would appreciate it if you got back to me. Again, this is not a request to access a specific file, but to get a solutions for the huge backlog of certificates to be printed in Ottawa and a solution around the current closure because of the truckers demo.

Best

--------------------

They replied 3 hours later:

Thank you for your email to Mr. McGuinty.

We appreciate hearing from our constituents on matters such as the one you have articulated below.

We wanted to share with you that Mr. McGuinty has brought this important issue to the attention of Immigration Minister and other officials recently. It has been announced that IRCC has committed to process these cases in a timely manner.

As you have very rightly mentioned, the COVID -19 pandemic has caused delays and the most current situation is further exacerbating the pressure to the already overburdened system. Once you take the oath, please let us know if you do not receive the certificate within 2 weeks. If you wish to do so, we could enquire about your particular file.

Regards,

---------------

Ottawa south has a huge migrant block, I believe McGuinty has a better (or closer) relationship with IRCC because of that. I wouldnt be surprised if the certificates issue has already been brought up
It doesn't seem that David McGuinty takes the issue seriously since he is in the liberal party. I contacted my MP a week after my oath on Jan 12 and complained that Ottawa office doesn't process the urgent requests for the certificates. The MP office took it seriously and was in contact with IRCC, they even pushed IRCC to follow up with Ottawa, but nothing changed and I missed my flight. I am sure more than half of the applicants have planned to travel right after the citizenship, yet the Ottawa office was slow before and dead now. The truckers are still in front of the office. I don't want to be pessimistic, but the demo may take at least 6 months or more. So, I decided to re-plan my plans :D Overall, it is a great idea to complain about the Ottawa Office loudly with media, MPs, and IRCC itself.

Does your oath invitation email has JT in the subject? I hope it is not.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
It doesn't seem that David McGuinty takes the issue seriously since he is in the liberal party. I contacted my MP a week after my oath on Jan 12 and complained that Ottawa office doesn't process the urgent requests for the certificates. The MP office took it seriously and was in contact with IRCC, they even pushed IRCC to follow up with Ottawa, but nothing changed and I missed my flight. I am sure more than half of the applicants have planned to travel right after the citizenship, yet the Ottawa office was slow before and dead now. The truckers are still in front of the office. I don't want to be pessimistic, but the demo may take at least 6 months or more. So, I decided to re-plan my plans :D Overall, it is a great idea to complain about the Ottawa Office loudly with media, MPs, and IRCC itself.

Being a liberal doesnt matter when it comes to pressure on ircc

I didnt receive the email yet. kinda anxious about it. hope i get it soon and i hope it's not JT lol

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Most don’t have travel plans right after citizenship. If people are moving out of Canada there isn’t a lot of good will to facilitate getting a passport as fast as possible.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Most don’t have travel plans right after citizenship. If people are moving out of Canada there isn’t a lot of good will to facilitate getting a passport as fast as possible.
That is what I saw during the QA session of the online oath. Almost half of the applicants' questions were about the urgent requests which I didn't expect that.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Travel plan doesn't mean moving out of Canada. Many first generation immigrants have their families in their countries of origin. Parents, Sibilings, these days even spouses. They also can have unfinished business to complete like buying or selling assets. Why do you need to assume something about 'good will'. Afterall, citizenship isn't given for free, people pay their share of taxes to qualify for one and even pay a fee to get it processed. It's rather the opposite. The beaurocracy not being held accountable for inability to meet the service standard. Had it been a business , the staff would get memos or get fired for their incompetency.

Last edited:

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
hey man, you may be a vip member and providing many valuable advices here but your attitude on many of your replies doesn't reflect that altruistic mindset. just saying.

Reactions: ronwahd

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Well my friends, I think we are stuck in the middle. The government doesn’t have the intention to negotiate or even enforce the end of this protest, and truckers are not willing to leave. God knows for how long we have to wait for this situation to end.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Well my friends, I think we are stuck in the middle. The government doesn’t have the intention to negotiate or even enforce the end of this protest, and truckers are not willing to leave. God knows for how long we have to wait for this situation to end.
I think Ford and Trudeau finally woke up today after the crossings between Canada and USA were blocked and decided to start enforcing the law and remove the protestors,, including opening ottawa back. we're lucky that the truckers pissed the USA off or else trudeau and ford would have continued not giving a **** about ottawa

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
I think Ford and Trudeau finally woke up today after the crossings between Canada and USA were blocked and decided to start enforcing the law and remove the protestors,, including opening ottawa back. we're lucky that the truckers pissed the USA off or else trudeau and ford would have continued not giving a **** about ottawa
I am afraid that they will give Windsor a high priority because of the U.S trade and forget about Ottawa.