+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I'm wondering if we can track citizenship certificates from Ottawa office as it seems they are not in rush to send them by the estimated time, 2 to 4 weeks!

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Me and my brother applied at the same time July, 2020 we have the exact same background, my BG is complete since mar, 14, and got the test invite may, 23 2021,but his still on BG processing. I don't know how they are choosing applicants..
vary had to understand how they choose the application, Mine was in january 2020 and only received AOR so far. And many peple who apllied even before waiting for test.

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
Me and my brother applied at the same time July, 2020 we have the exact same background, my BG is complete since mar, 14, and got the test invite may, 23 2021,but his still on BG processing. I don't know how they are choosing applicants..
Good to see some movement. Same timeline and still waiting :)

Leaf-fan

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
4-3-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
None. App Denied September 2015. Appeal Allowed August 2016.
Passport Req..
19-1-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 6-3-17
LANDED..........
24-3-17
My wife is an Ottawa applicant. Application sent in October, 2019; AOR January, 2020; Test Invite June, 2021. So there is movement, but ever so slowly.

Reactions: Interstellaraliens

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Still waiting for their reply.. Guess it's taking more than 8 business days for them to reply?

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I did contact MP and I got this repley from them
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on January 20, 2020.
  • The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on July 15, 2020.
    • If they have not received this letter and are between the ages of 18 to 54, they can find the guide here.
  • We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing timesfor this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible;
    • if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.
But nothing else

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I did contact MP and I got this repley from them
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on January 20, 2020.
  • The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on July 15, 2020.
    • If they have not received this letter and are between the ages of 18 to 54, they can find the guide here.
  • We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing timesfor this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible;
    • if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.
But nothing else

it's like a more dignified standard reply to an applicant.
i dont think contacting mps would give you much information about what happened with your application, but it would help give your application a "nudge" so to speak. like hey, im here and im waiting

Reactions: carol90

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
it's like a more dignified standard reply to an applicant.
i dont think contacting mps would give you much information about what happened with your application, but it would help give your application a "nudge" so to speak. like hey, im here and im waiting

Let's see, I Just got the replay yesterday.

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello, finally got my reply from Ottawa office,

Dear Client,

Thank you for informing us. We will put your application on hold.

However, we would recommend you contact us upon your return, so we can schedule you for your test.

Thank you and best regards,