+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Hello there. Update from me. May 2020 Ottawa applicant. Took then oath on August 23 online. It was a long enough process - over 2 hours - but its done now. I signed and emailed my affirmation form to the address I got the invitation from - and I have heard nothing back. The judge and clerk were in Niagra I believe. Hopefully I will get some acknowledgement of that part soon. 185 participants in my session. It looks like they are doing a lot of citizenship ceremonies at the moment.
You should check your application online. I also took oath the same day and I checked my app online the status has changed to closed

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hello there. Update from me. May 2020 Ottawa applicant. Took then oath on August 23 online. It was a long enough process - over 2 hours - but its done now. I signed and emailed my affirmation form to the address I got the invitation from - and I have heard nothing back. The judge and clerk were in Niagra I believe. Hopefully I will get some acknowledgement of that part soon. 185 participants in my session. It looks like they are doing a lot of citizenship ceremonies at the moment.
Congrats after a very long journey! It seems that Niagara Falls wasn't doing so many oaths in recent months but might be finally trying to catch up with the backlog. My tracker finally updated with oath scheduled for September 14 (no email received, but it's still quite early).

Let's all keep each other updated with post oath activities like receiving citizenship certificate and especially applying for passport, which seems to take months these days. For those without near term travel already booked, there appear to be two Service Canada locations in Ottawa and one rather far out in Gatineau where we can apply for passport in person. I was just checking the Service Canada appointment booking site, which appears to let you schedule appointments up to mid-October, and there are none available for any of these 3. Hopefully in the fall, after people have finished taking their summer vacations, the passport application process will go more smoothly.

a_tkd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Hi Guys!
My tracker has been updated to attend the ceremony on September 20, 2022. Last updated August 26, 2022.
I am an Ottawa applicant and PO Niagara Falls. I'll update once I get the invitation email.

iraq85

Dec 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
7-10-2016
Passport Req..
17-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Has anyone of Aug 23rd ceremony received the citizenship certificate ?

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
Hello everyone. I had my oath on the August 23rd as well. My tracker did not get updated and seeing the messages here I am worried as to what might happen. I send the form back and they acknowledged receipt of the email but that's it. Anyone else on the same boat as me

Boy_1234

Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone. I had my oath on the August 23rd as well. My tracker did not get updated and seeing the messages here I am worried as to what might happen. I send the form back and they acknowledged receipt of the email but that's it. Anyone else on the same boat as me
What email did you send the oath form to? Because the email they use to send oath invitation is different from the email on the oath form to send the oath form to

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
What email did you send the oath form to? Because the email they use to send oath invitation is different from the email on the oath form to send the oath form to
I sent it to the one on the form and also a cc to the one where they emailed from after completing the oath. they were the same email address. i am just hoping everything is good and they forgot to update the tracker.

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
I sent it to the one on the form and also a cc to the one where they emailed from after completing the oath. they were the same email address. i am just hoping everything is good and they forgot to update the tracker.
We are in exactly the same boat. Scanned the signed document, got the acknowledgement email, and no action in the tracker yet (except that the "Waiting on you for Citizenship Ceremony" is gone).

In the acknowledgement email they did say it could take up to two weeks... so as anxious as we all are, I suppose we have to wait a little bit more. I guess when you think about it, it hasn't even been a week yet. :)

If we haven't heard anything in two weeks, then we can contact them.

Reactions: Saki2020

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
We are in exactly the same boat. Scanned the signed document, got the acknowledgement email, and no action in the tracker yet (except that the "Waiting on you for Citizenship Ceremony" is gone).

In the acknowledgement email they did say it could take up to two weeks... so as anxious as we all are, I suppose we have to wait a little bit more. I guess when you think about it, it hasn't even been a week yet. :)

If we haven't heard anything in two weeks, then we can contact them.
lol thank you so much.. i am a bit relieved. I was thinking my application got side-tracked again or sth and then knowing how delayed it can get I was a little stressed. This journey has been super stressful from the start to the finish

kiravp

Feb 21, 2018
Can you please share email address from which you received oath email? Thanks!