Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
We applied citizenship application for me and my family( wife and son) on Feb-28-2020. On Aug-08 2022 we got an email for virtual citizenship ceremony scheduled on Aug-23-2022 but only for my son(minor). Pretty strange. Myself and my wife status still showing in progress (all status completed except ceremony). Normally ceremony happens for the whole family together. How ceremony of a minor can happen without parent granted citizenship.

2.5 years of waiting and now this :( really exhausted now. Anyone else faced this situation.
already sent the email to Niagara office as mentioned in my son’s ceremony document.

• Wow
Reactions: Wandering Mind
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
so you have received your certificate?
I think so?! They mailed it a week ago, but we are away at the cottage, so hoping it is in our mailbox when we arrive home next week. We didn't realize they would send it so quickly so we got it sent to our home address!

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
I think so?! They mailed it a week ago, but we are away at the cottage, so hoping it is in our mailbox when we arrive home next week. We didn't realize they would send it so quickly so we got it sent to our home address!
Is there a way to know when it has been mailed? how do you know that it has been mailed?

crazymaverick

Feb 22, 2017
Ottawa applicant here - my status changed from Decision Made to In Process yesterday in the ecas tool and the tracker shows Background Verification was updated from Complete to In Process. My wife had a ghost update with everything still showing as complete but her ecas status was also changed to In Process.
Anyone else in a similar situation?

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
Received an email for oath invitation today. It came from Niagara office, So, someone mentioned that they are quick in sending back certificates. How many weeks it can take to get back certificates? Anyone?
Took my oath on August 2 with the Niagara office, sent my signed document in the same day; they mailed my certificate on August 5, and I had it the next week. :)

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Here is my story of citizenship journey. Finally it’s done today and hope to get the citizenship certificate soon once we get the affirmation of citizenship from Niagara Citizenship office. Hope if might be helpful for someone who falls under the same or similar kind of situation.

I applied my citizenship application with my wife and son as family application on Feb 2020. After 2.5 years of long journey, the citizenship ceremony scheduled on Aug-23-2022 only for my son with ceremony invitation letter received in the email on Aug-04-2022. However, I haven’t received oath ceremony letter for me and my wife. When I checked the citizenship online tracker, status was showing in progress and ceremony was not scheduled for both me and my wife.

After this, I sent an email to the email address mentioned in my son’s invitation letter. This was to inform Niagara Citizenship office about this situation. I asked in the email if whole family citizenship ceremony will be scheduled for the same day (Aug-23-2022). Unfortunately, We didn’t get any response till the date of citizenship ceremony of my son.

On the day of citizenship ceremony (Aug-23-2022) for my son, I checked the citizenship tracker again for me and my wife prior to my son’s ceremony. It’s updated on the same day and started showing , citizenship ceremony got scheduled on Aug-23-2022 . However, citizenship ceremony invitation letter still not received in my inbox for me and my wife.

We joined the ceremony for my son with the details (I.e Seat number, passcode) mentioned in his invitation letter. We explained the situation to Citizenship Ceremony Clerk about our situation during in personal session. He was so kind and looked the details in the system for my whole family. He informed us that citizenship ceremony will be performed for the full family on the very same day. When we asked, we still not received email/ Oath affirmation letter in the email yet. How will we sign it and send it back after the ceremony.

He explained us that citizenship ceremony is actually scheduled for the full family, also assured us that citizenship affirmation form will be sent for me and my wife after the ceremony (EOD of ceremony or day after). Once we received this form, me and my wife need to sign it and send the scanned copy back to the email mentioned in the letter. This is mandatory step to release the citizenship certificates for the full family.

Now we are waiting for affirmation of citizenship form and hope to receive it by tomorrow. Fingers crossed..

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hello everyone, so today I got an email to submit passport copies, with translated stamps. Please tell me where can I get that translated in Ottawa?
Thanks

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hello everyone, so today I got an email to submit passport copies, with translated stamps. Please tell me where can I get that translated in Ottawa?
Thanks
If you are a woman then you can visit IWSO offices on Argyle Avenue and become the client of their Settlement Services dept. They provide translation of services to clients. If not, then you can contact LIS department and pay for the same service. They are at 613-729-3145

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
If you are a woman then you can visit IWSO offices on Argyle Avenue and become the client of their Settlement Services dept. They provide translation of services to clients. If not, then you can contact LIS department and pay for the same service. They are at 613-729-3145
Thanks, I am a woman. Will check as you suggested.

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello there. Update from me. May 2020 Ottawa applicant. Took then oath on August 23 online. It was a long enough process - over 2 hours - but its done now. I signed and emailed my affirmation form to the address I got the invitation from - and I have heard nothing back. The judge and clerk were in Niagra I believe. Hopefully I will get some acknowledgement of that part soon. 185 participants in my session. It looks like they are doing a lot of citizenship ceremonies at the moment.