+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I had a reply yesterday from an email i sent to Ottawa office on May , saying You have been added to the list to be invited for a Citizenship Ceremony , and to verify my email as it will be sent, i wonder too how long till the invite comes. Let us know if you get the invite soon.
Did you get any ghost update on the new tracker? I had a ghost update on June 8/9th which I think was the transfer to Niagara

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I had a reply yesterday from an email i sent to Ottawa office on May , saying You have been added to the list to be invited for a Citizenship Ceremony , and to verify my email as it will be sent, i wonder too how long till the invite comes. Let us know if you get the invite soon.
I am in a similar situation - 26 months into this process now. I emailed the Ottawa office and they said that they passed my email to the oath team and that it may take upto 4 weeks to get an oath date.

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
I did not receive any email regarding background check. And they did not ask for finger printing when Background was completed the first time !!
There is a good chance they will not ask for fingers if they never asked the first time. They have the power to renew your security for another year i believe.

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
I am in a similar situation - 26 months into this process now. I emailed the Ottawa office and they said that they passed my email to the oath team and that it may take upto 4 weeks to get an oath date.
Hello, how do you email ottawa team ?

mzengin

Jun 9, 2022
Just contacted IRCC today, and they said they've transferred me from Ottawa to the oath scheduling queue for Niagara office on June 10, with the oath potentially being scheduled soon. Does anyone now how long it'll take from here?
I have been informed by the agent on the call that my file has been transferred on June 10th as well, please keep us updated when you receive the Oath Date.

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I have been informed by the agent on the call that my file has been transferred on June 10th as well, please keep us updated when you receive the Oath Date.
Yep! Please do the same when you have your oath date too :) When did you apply for citizenship?

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I did not receive any email regarding background check. And they did not ask for finger printing when Background was completed the first time !!
Hi, Can you please share if your background check status is showing still in progress or showing “completed”.

Reactions: Orlaith