+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Just saw the update on the tracker that my oath ceremony is scheduled for July 19th. I hope you either got yours or will get it soon!
Is your Oath with Ottawa? They moved me to Niagara and still heard nothing, hopefully they did put me on the queue and not just transferred and then waiting to be added to queue *sigh*

Reactions: saou17

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I heard in Ontario only one office schedules oath which is Niagara office.
Its strange to me that I was told that my file was passed to the oath office - someone else hears their file was transferred to Niagra - some hear nothing. I was told June 17 that it may take up to 4 weeks to get my invite - so I am looking at hearing before July 15. I wonder will it happen?!! Anyone care to bet?

mzengin

Jun 9, 2022
Is your Oath with Ottawa? They moved me to Niagara and still heard nothing, hopefully they did put me on the queue and not just transferred and then waiting to be added to queue *sigh*
Well, Ceremony will be held online but I know that the schedule has been done by Niagara Office and I think someone above mentioned that it's because that's the only office taking care of the scheduling for Ontario-based applicants?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I'm also in Ottawa but processed by Niagara Falls and waiting for oath scheduling. I heard that many people in places like Ottawa and London with very slow and backlogged offices have been transferred to Niagara. Unfortunately it's looking like that's causing Niagara also to be slow.

mzengin

Jun 9, 2022
I'm also in Ottawa but processed by Niagara Falls and waiting for oath scheduling. I heard that many people in places like Ottawa and London with very slow and backlogged offices have been transferred to Niagara. Unfortunately it's looking like that's causing Niagara also to be slow.
Slow is not enough to describe it, it's been more than 2 years since I sent out my application...

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Well, Ceremony will be held online but I know that the schedule has been done by Niagara Office and I think someone above mentioned that it's because that's the only office taking care of the scheduling for Ontario-based applicants?
Okay so my situation is almost identical to yours. Hopefully you got scheduled first as you're a June applicant and it'll be my turn soon!

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Fingers crossed for you, it's just frustrating...
Thanks, will need all the luck I can get! It's truly terrible. Did my test in Jan and thought the worst that could happen is I'd get an oath July 1st. That boat has sailed obviously. Now hoping I can travel in September, but who even knows nowadays... They said PR card processing time is 63 days, but last I called in June, they were still processing PR applications from March too, so even my PR renewal is probably not happening either....

Reactions: Zakaria1979

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Its strange to me that I was told that my file was passed to the oath office - someone else hears their file was transferred to Niagra - some hear nothing. I was told June 17 that it may take up to 4 weeks to get my invite - so I am looking at hearing before July 15. I wonder will it happen?!! Anyone care to bet?
Did you get any ghost update on your tracker?