+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
I have more or less given up.. the way this is going I dont even know if I will be alive to take my oath :p .. I also got tired of checking the tracker no updates or anything.. I just come here from time to time to see if there is any new post.

I recently contacted my MP and got a generic response and thats about it. I will hibernate for another year I guess. good luck to us all!
I am on the same boat, checking every day but haven't got any updates, I am outside of Canada, waiting for the oath invitation

Reactions: Orlaith

Waiting-citizenship

Mar 11, 2022
I used to have Decision Made since January. And today, my Background check (completed since May 2021) turned back to in Progress. Did anyone have a such experience?

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
I used to have Decision Made since January. And today, my Background check (completed since May 2021) turned back to in Progress. Did anyone have a such experience?
Others with more experience than myself can validate if what I'm saying is correct, but from what I understand from other posts here in the forum, this may mean that your background check expired (I believe it's good for one year?) because it took IRCC too long to process your application, and they are running the background check again. I am in a similar boat (my background was completed in March 2021, DM in old ECAS since end of December 2021, but nothing has moved/no oath invite still), and have a feeling I will go through the same process you are (background check will have to be run again). The potentially good news is that this likely means your file is moving again, though no idea how long it will take them to re-do your background.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I submitted my request 19 months ago.
1st Background completed : May 2021
Test completed : June 2021
All other fields completed : January 2022
And now Background turned back to « in progress »
That's a lot of waiting.

boobah

May 20, 2022
Hello everyone,
Did anyone receive an invitation, i was really hoping that there will be many invites for Canada’s day but it seems like it won’t matter. Before COVID many had oath ceremony on Canada’s day , in my mind i was maybe I’ll be included for the many invites on July 1st , It’s in 10days no update here i guess i’ve missed that chance. 2years and still waiting, DM was done on January 25 2022 still no luck to finish with IRCC.
Good luck to everyone may we get invitation this summer.

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I submitted my application 27.5 months ago.
1st background check completed: May 2021
All other fields completed: January 2022
And today background turned back to “ in progress”.

Per my research from other forums. The background check actually expires after 12 months. This is the reason, they are asking for the same. I am still waiting for the email though from them, asking for background check/ finger printing

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Have you already received the email for background check? How long it take them to send the email if you have already received one

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I did not receive any email regarding background check. And they did not ask for finger printing when Background was completed the first time !!
Hmmm.. very strange. In my case, they sent the request for finger print last time via email. That email contains all the details about which address it needs to be sent etc. They also shared a pdf document for me and my wife in the email and asked us to take it with us while going for finger printing/police check. we did it from one accredited agency near my home and it sent to them via mail( canada post). Once they received it, my status got changed to completed almost after 4-5 weeks.

Again, this is my experience. It might not be required in your case. I am kind of already exhausted with this long process :( anyways all the best again. Hope it will end soon. Please keep on sharing your update on this forum. These posts keeps us alive

Reactions: Waiting-citizenship

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Just contacted IRCC today, and they said they've transferred me from Ottawa to the oath scheduling queue for Niagara office on June 10, with the oath potentially being scheduled soon. Does anyone now how long it'll take from here?

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Just contacted IRCC today, and they said they've transferred me from Ottawa to the oath scheduling queue for Niagara office on June 10, with the oath potentially being scheduled soon. Does anyone now how long it'll take from here?
How did you contact IRCC?

boobah

May 20, 2022
I had a reply yesterday from an email i sent to Ottawa office on May , saying You have been added to the list to be invited for a Citizenship Ceremony , and to verify my email as it will be sent, i wonder too how long till the invite comes. Let us know if you get the invite soon.