+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
Based on what I am seeing here, I guess a bunch of us got DM around January end or beginning of February. I agree with tradewind, I think the protest (which restricted IRCC employees accesssing their office) and then the Ukraine crisis probably put all our files on hold in Ottawa. I have a feeling being the capital city, they are focusing more on the crisis than on us (since we are already in Canada). I have been hoping and wishing every single day that today would be the day but it wasnt like always :(. Hopefully, by July is what I am hoping.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Based on what I am seeing here, I guess a bunch of us got DM around January end or beginning of February. I agree with tradewind, I think the protest (which restricted IRCC employees accesssing their office) and then the Ukraine crisis probably put all our files on hold in Ottawa. I have a feeling being the capital city, they are focusing more on the crisis than on us (since we are already in Canada). I have been hoping and wishing every single day that today would be the day but it wasnt like always :(. Hopefully, by July is what I am hoping.
Same...

Waiting-citizenship

Mar 11, 2022
I think a such process should not depend on where you are living. That makes an inequity. I saw many people in other offices submitting their requests August and September 2021 and they completed the whole process. I even saw someone sharing his ECAS, he submitted his request on January this year and he did attend the ceremony last week. (Scarborough Office)

boobah

May 20, 2022
It’s been 2years exactly since they received my application, i never imagine it will take this much time for it to be done. I knew covid would impact it but not to this extent. I wonder when will they invite those of us DM since 4months and more. Hopefully on Canada day many of us finish this process.

Reactions: saou17

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
The afghanistan and ukraine crisis put a delay on the Ottawa applications, hopefully we'll get Oath invite by August.

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Got a ghost update today, and ECAS turned back to In Progress even though I don't have finger print or anything like that. Not sure if that's good or bad news :/

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I think a such process should not depend on where you are living. That makes an inequity. I saw many people in other offices submitting their requests August and September 2021 and they completed the whole process. I even saw someone sharing his ECAS, he submitted his request on January this year and he did attend the ceremony last week. (Scarborough Office)
I agree - the system should not be office dependent -

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Does anyone have the email for the Ottawa office (I never got an email invite to the test so don't have it). May 2020 applicant waiting for oath since October 2021. Have written to MP etc - pointless - may try to email the office since im 25 months in now - and 27 months (the normal processing time allegedly) is coming up fast.

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
I have written - I will keep everyone posted..... don't hold your breath!

I have more or less given up.. the way this is going I dont even know if I will be alive to take my oath :p .. I also got tired of checking the tracker no updates or anything.. I just come here from time to time to see if there is any new post.

I recently contacted my MP and got a generic response and thats about it. I will hibernate for another year I guess. good luck to us all!

Reactions: Orlaith