+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
My citizenship status finally changed to in process. Got my invite for oath for june 7. Best of luck every one!
Congratulations! finally. please let us know the office working on your oath when you receive the email. mine was completed on January 26 hopefully, I should see some movement soon

Reactions: kristacanada

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
hi guys

I got my oath invite through today - but im in England - it says virtual ceremony and i've heard of people taking it ouside of Canada now.

any urgent advise on this welcomed

thanks

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
hi guys

I got my oath invite through today - but im in England - it says virtual ceremony and i've heard of people taking it ouside of Canada now.

any urgent advise on this welcomed

thanks
you still have to be in Canada physically unfortunately, even the ceremony is virtual. the IRCC clerk will confirm your physical presence before allowing you into the oath main room on zoom.

boobah

May 20, 2022
I don’t understand this citizenship process for Ottawa office. I apply on June 2020 , had my test done on November 2021, and everything has been updated to completed and DM since January 26 this year but no oath ceremony scheduled, and now my PR card is expiring in a month.
I have wrote emails to Ottawa they just have generic replies: "thank you for contacting, i have requested for you to get your invitation, but can’t guarantee when you will be scheduled " has any written to them and get these replies.
I think i will just renew my PR card because God knows when this application will be totally done.

boobah

May 20, 2022
Congratulations! finally. please let us know the office working on your oath when you receive the email. mine was completed on January 26 hopefully, I should see some movement soon
It seem like those got everything else completed and DM on 26 January files has been totally forgotten. I had DM and all requirements completed but Oath on January 26 too. Hopefully everyone that is waiting since 2020 get invited soon

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
It seem like those got everything else completed and DM on 26 January files has been totally forgotten. I had DM and all requirements completed but Oath on January 26 too. Hopefully everyone that is waiting since 2020 get invited soon
I actually think they probably lost our files when they were working from home or sth. Otherwise why the delay... people in 2021 applied and even those who applied in June of 2021 got their passports.

I applied in August 2020 so i have little reason to complain when I see your application not yet processed. My decision was made on Jan 25th and took the test on January 5th.

• Haha
Reactions: iceman55

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I don’t understand this citizenship process for Ottawa office. I apply on June 2020 , had my test done on November 2021, and everything has been updated to completed and DM since January 26 this year but no oath ceremony scheduled, and now my PR card is expiring in a month.
I have wrote emails to Ottawa they just have generic replies: "thank you for contacting, i have requested for you to get your invitation, but can’t guarantee when you will be scheduled " has any written to them and get these replies.
I think i will just renew my PR card because God knows when this application will be totally done.
Exactly the same situation... My pr expires in June 19. Still no oath invitation.

boobah

May 20, 2022
I actually think they probably lost our files when they were working from home or sth. Otherwise why the delay... people in 2021 applied and even those who applied in June of 2021 got their passports.

I applied in August 2020 so i have little reason to complain when I see your application not yet processed. My decision was made on Jan 25th and took the test on January 5th.
I feel the same especially that it coincided with the freedom convoy, they might have put it somewhere and had other files pile up on it. Now they might have to go over all these before getting to ours , it’s been 4months since DM it doesn’t make any sense. Why don’t they just schedule someone right away once DM.

Reactions: Saki2020

boobah

May 20, 2022
Exactly the same situation... My pr expires in June 19. Still no oath invitation.
I saw that it takes 66days to renew a PR, but with our experience i know it will take longer. Now the dilemma should I wait till it expires or just renew. This process is it at all fair

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018

I applied in March 2020 and I still haven't got the oath invite, I guess priority is given to certain people who might likely vote for Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party, not fair.

Reactions: Saki2020

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I saw that it takes 66days to renew a PR, but with our experience i know it will take longer. Now the dilemma should I wait till it expires or just renew. This process is it at all fair
You can do your oath even with expired pr, also when you renew your pr you can keep your original pr with you, they just need a photo copy of it, also you can't apply for renewing pr until yours expires. This is how I understood it.

boobah

May 20, 2022
You can do your oath even with expired pr, also when you renew your pr you can keep your original pr with you, they just need a photo copy of it, also you can't apply for renewing pr until yours expires. This is how I understood it.
Ooh okay, thank you. It make sense to renew just after it expires. The renewal is because i feel like it will take a long time for oath ceremony and I wanna travel later in the Summer it’s for me be able to get back with a valid Pr.