+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other Relative Family Sponsorship

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hey folks,

So I got some documents request after applying for Family Sponsorship Other Relative category. In the form they sent it says: I also do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brother or sister that I can sponsor under the Family Class... Does this mean they will refuse it? My father is the sponsor, he has no Canadian relatives or parents to sponsor. But he does have siblings and one son. I am his overage daughter. Thanks

frange

May 25, 2018
Hey folks,

So I got some documents request after applying for Family Sponsorship Other Relative category. In the form they sent it says: I also do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brother or sister that I can sponsor under the Family Class... Does this mean they will refuse it? My father is the sponsor, he has no Canadian relatives or parents to sponsor. But he does have siblings and one son. I am his overage daughter. Thanks
Hi;

Nobody can help you since we don't know what you are talking about.
Please, copy and paste the letter you received and remove your personal information. So that we'll be able to help or speculate about the letter.

Good luck.

Reactions: Estefania

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey folks,

1. Is he married, if so, he is not eligible. If the brothers are residing in Canada, he is not eligible. If the his sons are in Canada or under the age of 22 and single, not eligible. Any of his siblings or their children are Citizen/PRs of Canada then not eligible.

Reactions: Estefania

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi

1. Is he married, if so, he is not eligible. If the brothers are residing in Canada, he is not eligible. If the his sons are in Canada or under the age of 22 and single, not eligible. Any of his siblings or their children are Citizen/PRs of Canada then not eligible.
Thanks! This is a lot of help

Jun 7, 2022
Hi

My cousin is a Canadian citizen...and he doesn't have any relatives in Canada...he is single and his parents and grandparents died...
He only has two brothers and one cousin and all of them live outside Canada
Now he decided to sponsor his cousin...
Do his brothers living will make him not qualified to sponsor his cousin despite his brothers living outside Canada?!!!

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
My cousin is a Canadian citizen...and he doesn't have any relatives in Canada...he is single and his parents and grandparents died...
He only has two brothers and one cousin and all of them live outside Canada
Now he decided to sponsor his cousin...
Do his brothers living will make him not qualified to sponsor his cousin despite his brothers living outside Canada?!!!
Core family members have to be ruled out first so...
How old are the brothers? Are they orphans? Does he have any orphan niece or nephews? If they are all not eligible then the cousin is fine. If they are eligible then the IRCC will advise you to sponsor them instead. The program is very subjective get legal help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zain Al-saqqaf
Jun 7, 2022
Core family members have to be ruled out first so...
How old are the brothers? Are they orphans? Does he have any orphan niece or nephews? If they are all not eligible then the cousin is fine. If they are eligible then the IRCC will advise you to sponsor them instead. The program is very subjective get legal help.
His brothers are orphaned and their age is above 18 years old
He doesn't have orphaned niece or nephew

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Can I sponsor my brother? I am a Canadian citizen and don't have any family members in Canada and my brother is 33 years old. No parents.

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.
reminder email: Sept. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
EP: June 17th, 2015
IELTS Request
included upon submission
Med's Request
Sept. 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2012
Can I sponsor my brother? I am a Canadian citizen and don't have any family members in Canada and my brother is 33 years old. No parents.
I've submitted my application to sponsor my brother and his daughter (minor). I'm a Canadian Citizen, Single, Parents and Grandparents are already deceased, and no family members who are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents. Application is still in progress. They received it in November 2021. Current processing times as of June 15, 2022 is 31 months =(