+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST, what does it mean?

Thor1995

Mar 18, 2020
I received this today:

Dear
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with

I applied from paper visa application and submitted by original passport on VFS on 13th March, 2020. Today, I got this update. Please help.

Reactions: Dreamsandhopes4ca

Dreamsandhopes4ca

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I received this today:

Dear
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with

I applied from paper visa application and submitted by original passport on VFS on 13th March, 2020. Today, I got this update. Please help.
Congratulations! Its your approval :D

Dreamsandhopes4ca

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I am not understanding why they are asking original passport though it has already been submitted. Will there be any issues??
No! Its a default update for approved visas
You will get your stamped passport soon
If you have any doubt then contact the embassy

Thor1995

Mar 18, 2020
One of my friend applied through online on this COVID-19 for Canada Study Permit. as VFS is closed in Nepal, he can't proceed for Biometrics and has validity period till 14 Nov., but while ago medical request was sent by IRCC and his medical is cleared. What can we do in this situation?? Please help.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
if you get PPR, your visa will not be refused unless your PP is fake.
Hi,

I have got my passport request letter and I have sent my passport, but I have once query here when I applied for my VISA I have only one passport and then I got my new passport in between my VISA application was in process, now I have sent both my passport and little bit confused will get the VISA stamped on my new passport or old. I have not updated my new Passport in GC key account as there is no option to do so.

Is there any chance of refusal or denial ?

Thanks

abinj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Hi,

I have got my passport request letter and I have sent my passport, but I have once query here when I applied for my VISA I have only one passport and then I got my new passport in between my VISA application was in process, now I have sent both my passport and little bit confused will get the VISA stamped on my new passport or old. I have not updated my new Passport in GC key account as there is no option to do so.

Is there any chance of refusal or denial ?

Thanks
You'll not get denied for submitting renewed passport along with old passport. Extend the validity of study permit if it is shorter than your course duration when you reach Canada

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You'll not get denied for submitting renewed passport along with old passport. Extend the validity of study permit if it is shorter than your course duration when you reach Canada
Thanks a lot for the update. I hope I get some good news.

Sjain24

Dec 31, 2020
My friend's original passport request expired and she applied for outside Canada, whereas, she is in Canada on a visitor status. We did a webform as well as email VFS for label and they have not replied. What is the best possible way to handle the situation? As the request expired my friend is really worried.

nadir hassan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
My friend's original passport request expired and she applied for outside Canada, whereas, she is in Canada on a visitor status. We did a webform as well as email VFS for label and they have not replied. What is the best possible way to handle the situation? As the request expired my friend is really worried.
OMG contact IRCC through webform

nadir hassan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
CALL IRCC imme
CAll IRCC IMMEDIATELY THERE NUMBER IS

1-888-242-2100

Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Sjain24

Dec 31, 2020
CALL IRCC imme

CAll IRCC IMMEDIATELY THERE NUMBER IS

1-888-242-2100

Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.
Hello Nadir
Thank you for replying on time.
I already did that today. They said the moment you do a webform and IRCC do not reply between the time span of the deadline, the deadline automatically gets extended. :)

fulcrum

Dec 9, 2020
Hi folks,
Passport request lettter will be expired 10 days later. We send it to vfs but they are working only 2 days in a week and UPS returned our passport to us again. If they couldn’t catch up in time are they extend process?
thank you in advance

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Guys i need some help. My parents applied for Visitor visa in india, and they got the original passport request. I wanted to know what is the procedure to send the passport? Can we just visit VFS Global center without appointment and ask them to send it out?
For both the parents do these need to go in two different packages, or just 1 package?
and lastly, is there any additional "passport transmission fee" or any fee thats till needs to be paid?