+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST, what does it mean?

danoc93

Jun 24, 2013
I received this today:

Dear
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
danoc93 said:
I received this today:

Dear
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with
Congratulations, Its VISA tym for you.

Party hard..

Abhi

Reddy321

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Bro, you got your visa.. they are asking for your original passport for further process...

Congrats

iceprincess

Dec 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have received the passport request letter from CIC which mentions the below:

" This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport."

What does it mean? Does it mean Ive got my visas? Ive already submitted the passport at local VFS office and they have sent it for stamping.

While I was browsing the canadavisa.com blog, I came across couple of blogs which mentions that people have been asked for passport request along with submission of photos and experts have replied saying that their visa has been approved. However, in my case, I havent been asked for submitting photos. Should this be any cause of concern? Does it mean my visa hasnt been approved?

Please help.

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
iceprincess said:
Hi everyone,

" This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport."

What does it mean? Does it mean Ive got my visas? Ive already submitted the passport at local VFS office and they have sent it for stamping.

While I was browsing the canadavisa.com blog, I came across couple of blogs which mentions that people have been asked for passport request along with submission of photos and experts have replied saying that their visa has been approved. However, in my case, I havent been asked for submitting photos. Should this be any cause of concern? Does it mean my visa hasnt been approved?

Please help.
It's a party time. Your visa is approved, however if they need anything ex. Photo, they'll let you know. So enjoy.

May 25, 2017
I asked my attorney the same question and he said that this letter means they have made a decision on the case and they want the original passport to proceed (e.g. stamp the visa). However, before doing so, they will check the authenticity of the passport. If the passport is not authentic or they discover contradictory information they might refuse the visa else they will stamp the visa and send the passport along.

Reactions: dreamy2536

liuxiyuan

Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

Passport requirements

Please help.
from where did you received this letter. The website or email?

Aug 1, 2018
Dear all my consultant asked me for Orignal passport as they have got mail from CANADIAN EMBASSY. i had submitted it 4 days ago, what does it mean will i get visa approved for jan intake 2019 for QUEBEC, my file is also offline does any body wanna comment on my status?????
please if anybody is having any suggestions.

Reactions: H SURYANARAYANA RAO
Nov 17, 2019
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Banglore
Hello friends,

I'm Sathish Kumar from India, recently i received passport request letter from IRCC. I don't know what's the meaning of this PPR letter anybody know about this letter please clarify me. Having any chances for work permit visa refuse after i getting this passport request letter? i want know the reasons after i getting passport request letter if visa was refused.

Thanks

Rajni1488

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hello friends,

I'm Sathish Kumar from India, recently i received passport request letter from IRCC. I don't know what's the meaning of this PPR letter anybody know about this letter please clarify me. Having any chances for work permit visa refuse after i getting this passport request letter? i want know the reasons after i getting passport request letter if visa was refused.

Thanks
Can you please share the timelines?

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hello friends,

Thanks
Is it for study visa?