+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport Request but no Letter of introduction received

Tanimbd

May 21, 2016
Melody23 said:
Hi Tamimbd,

I actually applied online bro so can't tell for sure how VAC was like. However, I submitted my biometrics there and they seemed pretty cool and fast with the whole process. And then after that I had nothing to do with them. However, after passport request I visited them yesterday and submitted it. They didn't ask me anything since I completed my application online but only gave me a rough estimate of when I should be expecting my passport back. She said the max would be within ten days. I think that's an exaggeration as I have seen people receive their passport back within few days but can't tell for sure. She gave me the tracking number with the receipt and asked me to visit their website to track the passport movement. Lastly, she said that I should be expecting to see an email when the SG office receives my passport and also when they dispatch it. So now I have crossed my fingers :)
Thanks Melody23. got the answers. Wish you good luck ahead and hope to see u there in Toronto, if my visa is aprroved there. I am really worried As I applied for College in Toronto and the class starting in Sep 6, last day of registration Sep 13 but till now no progression.Would love to hear from you any updates.

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks Tamim! Sure would like to meet you there as well. Just hoping to get the passport back. Don't worry they should be replying soon. My classes start on sept 6th as well. So fingers crossed :). Good luck!

Tanimbd

May 21, 2016
Hi Enywmara,

I have applied on 18 July from ctg VFS but today I checked on the application tracker that is showing my decision has been dispatched to me on 18 August and will receive a sms or email when it receives local vfs office. they did not even call or email me yet for any queries.
I am really worried, what actually comes with that? Any one has idea from Bangladesh/India/Pakistan.Plz help me on this regard.

J@rgeCabello

Dec 9, 2018
I received my letter of introduction from the embassy February 11th 2019 but I do not receive my passport back yet, does anyone know how long it take to get my passport back after receiving my letter of introduction, I applied through VFS global and I sent my passport with my application package

Mailfatimao

Feb 13, 2023
Hi everyone, i applied for open study permit for my son alongside my work permit application, all has been approved but I got a letter of passport request submission but my son didn't . He got an LOI instead . Pls what do you suggest I do, he's passport has not been stamped yet. And I can't submit his passport without the passport request letter.