+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Organizing Outland Spousal Sponsorship Application

licorize

Jul 27, 2015
Greetings, and thank you for your time! I've finally gathered what I think is needed for my PR application, and I wanted a double check to make sure I have everything and it's organized correctly.
For a quick intro, I'm an American Citizen applying for Outland Common Law Sponsorship after living with my fiance for at least a year in Ontario. I have no children or dependents and am not using a representative.

Here's how I intend to organize my application:

Every section will be contained in an envelope with my Information on it along with what is inside of it. Every paper that is not a form has my name, what document it pertains to/title of the page, and my UCI number.

I. Checklist: Immigrant
  • Table of Contents
  • IMM 0008
  • IMM 5669
  • IMM 5490
  • Birth Certificate copy
  • Passport copy
  • Proof of Relationship redirect (Telling them to see the "Supplemental Infos" Section)
  • Police Certificate explanation ( I don't have it yet, and intend to send it when I hear back from the FBI)
  • Medical examination ( I don't have it yet, and intend to send it when I do)
  • Required Photo of me

II. Checklist: Sponsor
  • Table of Contents
  • IMM 1344
  • IMM 5481
  • Copy of Fees Paid Receipt
  • IMM 5409
  • IMM 5540
  • Birth Certificate
  • Notice of Assessment
  • Proof of Employment

III. Supplemental information
  • Table of Contents
  • Appendixes ( Longer answers to questions in the forms above, as well as proof of Common Law.... Should I just include this with those forms instead?)
  • Photos of My fiance and I (around 60 total with descriptions telling where we are and who's in it)
  • Examples of written communication (20+ pages of skype logs, chat logs)
  • Affidavits and Letters from Friends

The way I did the "proof of common law" section is I just answered the questions in the forms on a separate sheet (called appendix 02)where I provided a written explanation, as well as mail, evidence of a joint account, phone plan together (with a date close to when we moved in together) and travel logs confirming I was living and traveling with him for a year. This "answer" to the question on the IMM 5490 form is 6 pages long... would it be better to just label it with its own section and write "refer to the "evidence for common law" section on the question?

Also do I have to have the Police Certificate when I send in the application? I just submitted it to the US Gov and It wont be completed for a while, and I have to leave Canada before it will be done, most likely. (I want to submit my application before I have to leave so I have a better chance of getting back in). Same for Medical exam, although I believe I can swing getting this done soon-ish if necessary.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if I am missing anything, or if I should re-organize some things. I plan to submit everything in the next couple of weeks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
licorize said:
Bumping this topic cause I'd really like a second opinion before I submit... Thanks!
There is no set requirement for submission. We used big black paperclips to separate the three packages (OWP, Sponsor and Application) for ours.

When they get it, they will pull it all apart and organize it how they want it anyway..

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
Greetings, and thank you for your time! I've finally gathered what I think is needed for my PR application, and I wanted a double check to make sure I have everything and it's organized correctly.
For a quick intro, I'm an American Citizen applying for Outland Common Law Sponsorship after living with my fiance for at least a year in Ontario. I have no children or dependents and am not using a representative.

Here's how I intend to organize my application:

Every section will be contained in an envelope with my Information on it along with what is inside of it. Every paper that is not a form has my name, what document it pertains to/title of the page, and my UCI number.

I. Checklist: Immigrant
  • Table of Contents
  • IMM 0008
  • IMM 5669
  • IMM 5490
  • Birth Certificate copy
  • Passport copy
  • Proof of Relationship redirect (Telling them to see the "Supplemental Infos" Section)
  • Police Certificate explanation ( I don't have it yet, and intend to send it when I hear back from the FBI)
  • Medical examination ( I don't have it yet, and intend to send it when I do)
  • Required Photo of me

II. Checklist: Sponsor
  • Table of Contents
  • IMM 1344
  • IMM 5481
  • Copy of Fees Paid Receipt
  • IMM 5409
  • IMM 5540
  • Birth Certificate
  • Notice of Assessment
  • Proof of Employment

III. Supplemental information
  • Table of Contents
  • Appendixes ( Longer answers to questions in the forms above, as well as proof of Common Law.... Should I just include this with those forms instead?)
  • Photos of My fiance and I (around 60 total with descriptions telling where we are and who's in it)
  • Examples of written communication (20+ pages of skype logs, chat logs)
  • Affidavits and Letters from Friends
The way I did the "proof of common law" section is I just answered the questions in the forms on a separate sheet (called appendix 02)where I provided a written explanation, as well as mail, evidence of a joint account, phone plan together (with a date close to when we moved in together) and travel logs confirming I was living and traveling with him for a year. This "answer" to the question on the IMM 5490 form is 6 pages long... would it be better to just label it with its own section and write "refer to the "evidence for common law" section on the question?

Also do I have to have the Police Certificate when I send in the application? I just submitted it to the US Gov and It wont be completed for a while, and I have to leave Canada before it will be done, most likely. (I want to submit my application before I have to leave so I have a better chance of getting back in). Same for Medical exam, although I believe I can swing getting this done soon-ish if necessary.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if I am missing anything, or if I should re-organize some things. I plan to submit everything in the next couple of weeks.
Hi! I would like to ask.. so for the appendixes (longer answers to questions in the forms) did you put it together with the form or separately?