+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Organizing application before I send it!?!?!

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
So in the document checklist for immigrant it says to include Marriage certificate etc ( and also in the sponsors checklist it says to include a photocopy of marriage Certificate) so should I include 2 copies?? ( 1 original and 1 copy)?

Also, is it ok if I staple each IMM form with additional pages together? or do they prefer paper clips?

For all proof of relationship evidence should I put everything in a separate folder or place them at the end of each section and label it to what question it corresponds to??

your help will be appreciated :):)

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:
So in the document checklist for immigrant it says to include Marriage certificate etc ( and also in the sponsors checklist it says to include a photocopy of marriage Certificate) so should I include 2 copies?? ( 1 original and 1 copy)?

We included one copy, and that was the international version of it in many languages, so I am not sure maybe someone else can help you there

Also, is it ok if I staple each IMM form with additional pages together? or do they prefer paper clips?

Don't staple anything, use paperclips

For all proof of relationship evidence should I put everything in a separate folder or place them at the end of each section and label it to what question it corresponds to??

If its a question on the form that you are replying to and don't have room then place it behind the sheet the question is on.. If its other evidence such as phone bills etc, place it at the end of the section and label it with the form number, form title, sponsor name and principal applicant name

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:

Tina the 1 in the sponsor list is if you are using a cosigner and its ur spouse here is how i interpret it the sponsor side is more generic as the checklist can be used if you are sponsoring parents which u would need a cosginer for if u dont meet LICO but in our case where we are sponsoring our spouse our spouse has to include the MC to prove their relationship to us so only include 1

I am putting all my proofs in 1 envelope label proof but it depends on how u are organzing if u are organizing where u r referencing a specific photo then better for u

I stapled some paper clip some

Keep in mind I didnt send off yet but it made sense to me

Mel_R

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28.9.11... Transferred to LA 07.12.11
Med's Done....
Interview........
Wavied!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
What I did was had 3 different folders. #1was for my sponsorship application #2 was for my husbands application and #3 was evidence Which I had a table of contents then I colour coded the paperclips red was my phone bills blue were my husbands phone bills etc etc we also added in bank statements showing we spent money on hotels and movies and dinners when we were together we also had flight itineraries Cards from our wedding and birthday cards my family sent him and his family sent me. As for our pictures I had 3 smaller envelopes 1 with Picture of when I was visiting him 1 of when he came to visit me and 1 for our wedding phones. I also added in thinks like facebook messages from friends and family congratulating us on our engagement and our wedding. I likely went over board but better to have too much then not enough

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you guys don't staple anything, they want everything loose, its been said on the forum many times by the experts

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
I read somewhere in this forum that you do not use staple or paperclips at all. You only use the butterfly clip. I sure hope am not confusing everyone but this was what I once read.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for the advice guys...but you know I am paranoid from these CIC people what if they loose a page etc I think its better to staple everything...now if I placed all the proof of relationship in a folder and in the body of my answers I just say please see "attached receipt, or see attached photos etc etc...Should I indicate they are in the " Proof Folder"?

Or do you think they are smart enough to flip through and see the correct attachment? lool

How many pictures did u guys include?

****IMP. Question: my husbands Police clearance certificate expires in a month and half so is that gonna be ok, like just as long as missisauga gets it before the 90 days expiration it should be still valid even though it would be 'expired" when it reaches the Visa office Abroad?? Any thoughts/ experiences???

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No staples. They are going to separate things, so DO NOT STAPLE ANYTHING. Use paperclips, or butterfly clips.

The 90-day validity refers to when the PCC arrives at CPC-M. As long as it is under that 90 days, it is good for a year, so it is not "expired" when it gets to the visa office.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks again Charlie!!! You r always a big help :)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Tina85 said:

I labelled and numbered each page (with both our names and DOBs) and gave each piece of evidence a reference number. I kept all evidence together at the back and made reference to it, where required, on the form. I didn't use any stables or folders as it did state "do not use". I used paper clips and elastic bands to hold it all together. I also created a contents page - in addition to the check list - which listed every piece of evidence and it's reference and page number.

I kept the photos lose but did put them in an envelope...

We've received sponsorship approval but still awaiting visa so can't say if this works or not...
Good luck...

EDIT: I also labelled each addition sheet with whatever section of the application it related to ( think it says to do this in the instructions)

HoneyEllis

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-08-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
MDSB said:
I labelled and numbered each page (with both our names and DOBs) and gave each piece of evidence a reference number. I kept all evidence together at the back and made reference to it, where required, on the form. I didn't use any stables or folders as it did state "do not use". I used paper clips and elastic bands to hold it all together. I also created a contents page - in addition to the check list - which listed every piece of evidence and it's reference and page number.

I kept the photos lose but did put them in an envelope...

We've received sponsorship approval but still awaiting visa so can't say if this works or not...
Good luck...

EDIT: I also labelled each addition sheet with whatever section of the application it related to ( think it says to do this in the instructions)
I did much the same as MDSB and have my PPR (with no interview).

I included name / d.o.b on each page as a footnote and numbered every page (that way if one gets loose in the CIC office they can reunite it with the application!).

Also, for pictures, I printed the photos onto our 'relationship proof' section, so you had the narrative of "We have shared many special occassions with family, such as Christmas 2010 - then I would insert the picture and list who was in the photo - name and relationship to me (eg. 'from left husband, mother-in-law, nephew, me etc). By including the photots into the text I didn't have to worry about photos being loose or getting lost etc.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR POSTS!!!!

Good luck :)

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
No staples! They separate everything anyway, and it's been stated many times that they don't like staples.

In my application, we used the clear plastic sheets that you can keep in a folder, and then labeled what was in each sheet. Like we had the marriage certificate in one, along with the receipts, the papers we got from the Medical examination, and my hubby's Tax info. We had the actual application, plus all attached papers in another one. Photos went into envelopes, with the year they were taken written on the front on the envelope, then on the back of each photo, I wrote who was in it, where it was taken, and when it was taken. Christmas cards and birthday cards were fastened together with a rubber band, and then our Wedding cards were fastened with another rubber band and placed in another plastic sheet. On the front of each sheet, I placed a sticky note, telling them what each sheet contained.

I think we were a bit overkill with the photos though lol. We ended up sending about 85 of them altogether :eek: