Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I've just about completed all my documents and ready to send in the application, however I'm missing the option-c print out, I've called Canada revenue and explained to the my situation that I've been abroad for several years and left Canada at a young age, during which time i was never employed and don't ever remember paying or sending taxes to the government, in the application checklist it says to either provide an option-c printout or an explanation, now it will take me over a month or so for me to get a piece of paper from revenue Canada saying that i have no record with them, instead i thought I'd write a letter explaining this and save time and send in my application this week instead of mid December, my question is, am i taking a great risk by not having the option-c print out or will a letter explaining my situation be sufficient??

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A letter explaining your situation is sufficient and fullfil the requirement. I did the same and got my sponsorship application approved.. Wish you all the best

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knaeem said:
A letter explaining your situation is sufficient and fullfil the requirement. I did the same and got my sponsorship application approved.. Wish you all the best
Thanks for your reply.

Just as a add-on question to my first, did you send in all the forms on the checklist, It says on the top that all forms need to be sent in with the application, but some of the forums i have i don't need, like the need for a representative, can i not send them in?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the form is optional like the representative form then no, you don't need to include it.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the replies, it take 3 weeks according to Revenue Canada, which could be 4 weeks, plus mail delivery time, I need to have the option c delivered to my home in europe, that's an extra week, plus holidays are coming up, which means slow working times... i'd rather not wait and lose time instead have my application in the process for a month instead of losing a month waiting for a piece of paper and then sending in my application...

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian in our application had also left Canada at 18 not having worked and simply sent a letter stating no taxes have been paid in Canada. We also included the UK equivalent P60 showing earnings for 2007/8 and year to date earnings in the UK. As you can see from signature, all was accepted and approved.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whoopi83 said:
The Canadian in our application had also left Canada at 18 not having worked and simply sent a letter stating no taxes have been paid in Canada. We also included the UK equivalent P60 showing earnings for 2007/8 and year to date earnings in the UK. As you can see from signature, all was accepted and approved.
Right, so basically i should be fine just by sending in a letter stating why i'm not sending in the form and that i'm currently outside canada and working and paying taxes in a different country or what can you suggest to put on this letter?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gov't offices usually highball you on the time it takes to get something sent, because if they say "one week" people will start calling like crazy after one week and one day.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berti said:
whoopi83 said:
Right, so basically i should be fine just by sending in a letter stating why i'm not sending in the form and that i'm currently outside canada and working and paying taxes in a different country or what can you suggest to put on this letter?
We kept it simple:

Please find enclosed documents in lieu of the option C printout. (I) have not been resident in Canada since **** and have enclosed current tax information and most recent pay stub.

We also included a copy of the UK visa showing entry and expiry date.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whoopi83 said:
Berti said:
whoopi83 said:
We kept it simple:

Please find enclosed documents in lieu of the option C printout. (I) have not been resident in Canada since **** and have enclosed current tax information and most recent pay stub.

We also included a copy of the UK visa showing entry and expiry date.
Thanks for this.