+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Option C)Last Notice of Assmt for Sponsor in the process of Spousal Sponsorship

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
Dear Xperts -

I was totally happy with your previous replies. Finally I have my filled application from my spouse which I got this week. I did verified couple of times, it look good to me all set to post to Mississauga office.

But I have a quick and imp question about my Taxes:

Here is the situation:

I got my PR when I was in USA, I came Canada and finished my landing formalities on 5th June 2010. I went back to USA they again asked me for a photo replacement in SIN office, I came Canada again to give them a proper photo with photo studio stamp in the backside of photo. Hardly I stayed 20 days but I just stayed and applied my PR Card and SIN Card. Thats it.

Then I went back to India from USA, joined a job there and stayed there for 1 year and got married this year Feb, finally I came to Canada May 7th 2012 with a job. I joined 22nd May in my job, before joining I opened a bank account then I applied for my health insurance card. Earning salary & Paying taxes from may 2012.

I saw this question in sponsor check list 5491:
An Original "Option C Printout" of your and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year.
If you do not provide this printout, please provide an explanation on a seperate sheet of paper.

Questions:
1. Is it fine if I submit a letter saying that I moved Canada permanently this may 2012 and showing my recent payslips ?
2. I heard from some one eventhough I am outside of Canada, since I am a PR I have to pay some taxes - Is that true ?

Totally confused - Kindly provide me your advise and suggestions -

Thanks,

Rupesh

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
rupesh.gunapati said:
Dear Xperts -

I was totally happy with your previous replies. Finally I have my filled application from my spouse which I got this week. I did verified couple of times, it look good to me all set to post to Mississauga office.

But I have a quick and imp question about my Taxes:

Here is the situation:

I got my PR when I was in USA, I came Canada and finished my landing formalities on 5th June 2010. I went back to USA they again asked me for a photo replacement in SIN office, I came Canada again to give them a proper photo with photo studio stamp in the backside of photo. Hardly I stayed 20 days but I just stayed and applied my PR Card and SIN Card. Thats it.

Then I went back to India from USA, joined a job there and stayed there for 1 year and got married this year Feb, finally I came to Canada May 7th 2012 with a job. I joined 22nd May in my job, before joining I opened a bank account then I applied for my health insurance card. Earning salary & Paying taxes from may 2012.

I saw this question in sponsor check list 5491:
An Original "Option C Printout" of your and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year.
If you do not provide this printout, please provide an explanation on a seperate sheet of paper.

Questions:
1. Is it fine if I submit a letter saying that I moved Canada permanently this may 2012 and showing my recent payslips ?
2. I heard from some one eventhough I am outside of Canada, since I am a PR I have to pay some taxes - Is that true ?

Totally confused - Kindly provide me your advise and suggestions -

Thanks,

Rupesh
Hi....do not worry about paying taxes at this time....usually as Canadians we file taxes once a year and you will file yours in Feb/March of 2013.....so don't even worry about that now that is another process to deal with later!!!

With respect to no option C....do the letter like you said, enclose paystubs as well you will need a letter from your employer stating how long you have been there and your wage. With a detailed letter of your circumstances this should be enough for you.

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
I heard that even though if I am out side of Canada I need to have Non-Resident Tax Return, to satisfy this 'Option C' - I think it will take long time min of 3 months or 4 months. Please guide me what to do -

Thanks

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
rupesh.gunapati said:
I heard that even though if I am out side of Canada I need to have Non-Resident Tax Return, to satisfy this 'Option C' - I think it will take long time min of 3 months or 4 months. Please guide me what to do -

Thanks
no.....if you have Notice of Assesment from last year for wherever you filed taxes you can submit those.....as well as your current paystubs and letter from current employer.....the biggest concern is that a) you are not on welfare/social assistance and b) you are not an undischarged bankruptcy....

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
Thanks for your reply !! I called to Immigration helpline today, they said it's enough to provide an explanation letter since I didn't had any canadian income.

I will write a cover letter and will attach time sheets/payslips*

I do have form 16 from India for last year which says how much I earned and how much I paid as taxes and bla bla. Do you think it's a good idea to submit this Indian assessment ?

Thanks
Rupesh

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
rupesh.gunapati said:
Thanks for your reply !! I called to Immigration helpline today, they said it's enough to provide an explanation letter since I didn't had any canadian income.

I will write a cover letter and will attach time sheets/payslips*

I do have form 16 from India for last year which says how much I earned and how much I paid as taxes and bla bla. Do you think it's a good idea to submit this Indian assessment ?

Thanks
Rupesh
no you don't need to include your Indian assessment.....just the cover letter...payslips and your letter from employment....you might confuse them with the Indian assessment since you are applying for you spouse to come to Canada!!!! ;)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I didn't submit an Option C because I have been living abroad since 2001. I included a good explanation along with a) notice of assessments from China (2010 and 2011), b) pay stubs for my current contract, c) letter from current employer, d) statements of earnings and benefits for 2010 and 2011, and e) a job offer from a Canadian employer.

I was approved without a problem. So, as long as you provide good evidence, there shouldn't be a problem!

FS

msmart

Aug 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2012
AOR Received.
13-10-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
2 weeks
Do you have to have a option c printout or can you just submit the current NOA? Also does anyone know how long it takes for a spousal immigration if the application is submitted in New Delhi? I have heard 6-9 months but recently have heard of scenarios that only took 4 months? is this true? anybody out there that had this happen?

thanks