+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening and editing PDF document?

C

Classic Chucks

Hello, I am trying to apply for my father to come to Canada on supervisa but I cannot seem to edit this form online: "Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)"

Can someone please tell me how I can edit PDF documents online ?
And what exactly is this lottery system for inviting parents through supervisa?
I can’t open my visa application form in PDF format. What can I do?
IRCC forms that need to be validated using the “validate” button at the bottom of the form use special encoding. You need a computer with Adobe Reader 10 or higher to use them.

If you have problems opening a PDF on our website, try the following:

For PC users
  • Find the link of the file you want to save (you may need to go back to the previous page to find it)
  • Right-click the link.
  • Select “Save target as” or “Save link as”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to save the file.
  • Select “Save”.
  • Use Windows Explorer to get to the location where you saved the file.
  • Right click on the PDF file.
  • Select “Open with”.
  • Select “Choose program”.
  • Select “Adobe Acrobat Reader”.
  • Make sure to check the box that says “Always use this program to open these files”.
  • Select “OK”.
For Mac users
  • Find the link of the file you want to save (you may need to go back to the previous page to find it)
  • Press the Control (ctrl) key and click on the link
  • When the option menu appears, choose “Download link to disk” or “Download linked file”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to store the file. Your computer will start the download once you have selected a location.
  • Use Spotlight or Finder to look for the downloaded file.
You can get a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. It is available for Windows, Mac and Android devices.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Btw, for Mac users: Do not use the last version of Adobe Reader, it doesn't show barcodes after validation for some reason. I had to delete new version and install one of the oldest to be able to properly validate it with barcodes.