Opening account from overseas with Scotia bank

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all, we are planing to move to Toronto on.march 2018 and one of the ways to transfer funds that came up is by opening an account from overseas with Scotia bank. I would like to know if anyone has tried this method and how safe it is to wire without physically being present. Thank u

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Not sure about overseas, but when I was researching best ways to move money between the USA and Canada, ScotiaBank had the highest fee's. They did appear to be the more difficult one to set up without being physically present as well. (Not from experience, just based on what I read.)

I do most of my daily banking with ScotiaBank, but I went with BMO for the cross border stuff.

That all said, wiring money is pretty safe.

dentoosh

May 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
Med's Done....
18-08-2017
Hi there!
I am planning to wire my money to a soon to be opened bank account with Scotia Bank. The plan's called "Start Right" for the newly landing immigrants. I believe that's a good way to transfer your funds into a Canadian Bank before actually landing in Canada. You gotta activate the account by physically visiting the branch in Canada where you intend to have your account permanently. This way, one's saved the hassle of carrying lotsa C$ or Traveller's Cheque. What do you all think?