+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening a bank account without address proof ?

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Hi Folks, I will be moving to Canada this week and will be quarantining. My work is asking for a bank account, is there any bank which will allow me to open a bank account online without any Address Proof (As i will be in AirBnb and it will take me a month to find a apartment to lease)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried Tangerine and can use a friend's address proof instead. Btw, why would it you a month to find apartment to lease? Renting unseen will be quicker.

Reactions: kuldip25

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
I tried Tangerine and can use a friend's address proof instead. Btw, why would it you a month to find apartment to lease? Renting unseen will be quicker.
How to ensure apartment will be good without seeing it :( I have a bad experience leasing an apartment in US without checking it. Messy carpets and the rooms stank.

saribidu

Sep 28, 2020
Recently moved to Canada from the US and we were not able to open bank accounts (tried TD and Tangerine) without SIN. Since we were quarantining, we applied for SIN online and it took 2 weeks for it to arrive by mail.

If ServiceCanada at airport isn't operating or you are not starting a new job while quarantining, I would suggest waiting for the quarantine to be over to visit ServiceCanada in person to get SIN. They provide you with SIN on the spot if you visit the office in person.

also, try to schedule an appointment with one of the banks for sometime soon after your quarantine ends. We were able to open accounts online soon after receiving SIN but our accounts were blocked till we visited the branch to get COPR and passports verified by an agent.

Reactions: gtcan19

saribidu

Sep 28, 2020
We also rented a condo without seeing it. Saw the video that realtor had posted and looked good and we finalized it (partly because we got a very good deal on a downtown condo). We had a pretty good experience other than the fact that these condos are owned by individual landlords and they did not bother removing wall hooks or repainting walls after the previous tenants vacated.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
For opening bank account with physical banks like TD, you don't need an address proof. You just need to give them an address for mailing purposes. All they need is two id proofs (PR card, passport) and SIN number. I opened it without any address proof with TD at a branch.

visu7190

Jan 11, 2021
@Suchan , please let me know if you have the required details on opening bank accounts and SIN application. I am moving from the US to canada in a couple of weeks and need directions on the same.

HARMAN08

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi all, as PR card is taking long to arrive, can one open a bank account with CoPR and passport only?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: kuldip25

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hi all, as PR card is taking long to arrive, can one open a bank account with CoPR and passport only?

Thanks in advance
Yes, your passport, COPR and SIN are enough to open a bank account.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
For opening bank account with physical banks like TD, you don't need an address proof. You just need to give them an address for mailing purposes. All they need is two id proofs (PR card, passport) and SIN number. I opened it without any address proof with TD at a branch.
Thanks

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Hi
We{2} are to Canada on PR in December. I need your experience and advise how to open account without canada address proof.
Eed also advise can account is opened in Canada bank before departure from India. We hv copr

Angela CM

Nov 15, 2022
Hi
We{2} are to Canada on PR in December. I need your experience and advise how to open account without canada address proof.
Eed also advise can account is opened in Canada bank before departure from India. We hv copr
Check Scotia bank’s website. They offer pre-departure international account for people from certain countries. I remember seeing India on the list.

Reactions: Siouxie