+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Year Pilot Not Qualified

jpscuba

Apr 18, 2015
Well, I'm getting used to the idea of going back to São Paulo, Brazil and getting it done there...
The cost of flying there and back would be worth it than having to wait another year without a drivers license and a work permit. Also not being able to leave Canada if I needed to.

By withdrawing the application, do I get full refund?
Will I have trouble getting an Outland PR for being without status previously? Is that in my record?

Is there any way this could go wrong and I wouldn't be able to get the Outland PR?
I mean, i'd rather wait until next year when my inland application is approved than not being able to come back at all...

I thank you all so much for the support and advice. I was caught off gard, didn't expect this was going to happen. It is hard for first timers to gather all this information and send it all complete and its very unfortunate cic received my complete application just when my status had run out. I wish I had searched for professional help instead.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A person can certainly submit an Outland application while they are physically in Canada.

The potential problem for you doing that, is that if CBSA starts the removal process to have you removed from Canada, because you are now without status. If they do and you are served an exclusion Order, banning you from returning to Canada (for at least 1 year)...it would be a big problem for you.

Having said that...if those from Brazil really are completing the entire process that fast...you might be ok. Chances are that you'd land as a PR before CBSA even got to your `file', but....it's obviously not guaranteed.

The real issue is that nobody [here] seems to know what, if anything, CBSA does to those without status in Canada that opt to submit an Outland application. The logical thing to do, IMHO, would be to call CBSA and just ask them.

Good luck!