+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

Amanpreet1186

Jul 10, 2020
need help
is there anyone on the same boat?
applied on apr 23 under public policy,(without letter of explanation) current work permit is valid till june 18, 2021
got an update on 25th april that i am authorized to work with same condition until august 22,2021 or decision is made whatever comes first
got a refusal letter stating that i have not demonstrated the eligibility for an open work permit and my prospective employer is responsible for obtaining LMIA. STATUS remains the same. i.e. till june 18, 2021
re applied same day on april 29, 2021 along with new application fees and letter of explanation.
hoping to get approved this time.
please let me know if anyone has applied without letter and got approved or after providng a letter got approved.
i am also waiting for my PCC as i am a PNP CANDIDATE UNDER express entry from nova scotia. i received invitaion on march 31st 2021 and have to submit all the documents before june 30, 2021.
Hi, I’m in the similar situation. Can you please tell if you have received any update on your work permit extension application.
I’m also thinking to apply again, got refusal stating the same reason.
Any updates/information would be a great help!

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
hey guys, anyone received an extension of LESS than 18 months?

I thought it was 18 months guaranteed from the date of approval, but after reading into it - it says UP TO.

What does it depend on?

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a skilled worker (NOC Code B) and I am planning to apply for my wife's Open work permit, who is India right now. She is currently working as a manager in a company for almost 6 years now.

I have my offer letter, employer verification letter, 3 pay stubs and $15000+ in my account.

My questions is:

Does my wife need to show any proof of funds? I will be attaching her offer letter, promotion letters and last 6 months pay slips. Does she need some minimum balance in her Indian account for this application?

For now she has around $2000 in her account + I have $15000 + in mine. Would that be fine? I have heard that you don't need proof of funds if you apply for SOWP with a Skilled worker.

Please clarify
Thanks,

May 15, 2021
Hello everyone!
I applied for PR under EE this week. Now my Work permit is expiring on June 12, 2021. I am confused whether it makes sense to apply for 18 month extension or the bridging work permit? How long is it taking for the extension to be approved? Can I apply for both at the same time ?
Any inputs would be very appreciated.
Thank you.

vj_viju

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse/Calgary
App. Filed.......
06-05-2021
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Request
18-08-2022
Med's Done....
06-09-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2022
LANDED..........
09-10-2022
Hello everyone!
I applied for PR under EE this week. Now my Work permit is expiring on June 12, 2021. I am confused whether it makes sense to apply for 18 month extension or the bridging work permit? How long is it taking for the extension to be approved? Can I apply for both at the same time ?
Any inputs would be very appreciated.
Thank you.
Apply for Open Work Permit under public policy if eligible and in the month of February the applications were approved in 3-4weeks

Irisclaire

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for your reply! May I know if you get any update as of now on your application regarding the work permit extension.
Hello, last week CIC finally corrected the mistake they made on the original work permit: they issued a new open work permit from the last week's date.
I cancelled the new application and got refunded for it.
It took them 2.5 months to correct the mistake :/

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding travel. I have got an approved closed wp(wp to be issued at the port as will be travelling for First Time to Canada) and my wife have open wp. Now to travel together during these pandemic times do my wife need a written authorization from ircc?
We both have letter of introduction. Do we need any other document for entry?
Will my wife be denied entry at poe as she doesn't have any offer letter yet.

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
Those who got approved, what did you choose for the reason for applying? Work permit with old employer or new employer? I have a PGWP thats valid till July 2021. Also for the section that asks what type of permit you are applying for, its Open work permit right? not pgwp? Also for the LOE, do I just say Im applying for the 18 month work permit under the public policy or do I also put a link to the page about the policy? Arent there multiple public policies?

Psyched2107

Jun 7, 2021
My PGWP expires on august 12, 2021

May 15th - submitted PGWP extension application.

May 16th - I received an automated response for extension until September 11, 2021

June 4th - Profile was auto updated on - saying they were reviewing my eligibility

June 7th - PGWP extension approved!

Now I'm just waiting for the physical copy :D YAY!!

May 15, 2021
My PGWP expires on august 12, 2021

May 15th - submitted PGWP extension application.

May 16th - I received an automated response for extension until September 11, 2021

June 4th - Profile was auto updated on - saying they were reviewing my eligibility

June 7th - PGWP extension approved!

Now I'm just waiting for the physical copy :D YAY!!
Awesome! Congratulations! I applied on May 19, so that gives hope.
Were your biometrics already with the immigration prior to applying ?

fyngurko

Jun 11, 2021
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
25-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-01-2021
Hey guys I am currently waiting for my Express Entry to be processed and my PGWP is expiring July 17.

I've applied for Work Permit Extension under Public Policy on May 11 and when I called they haven't started reviewing my Eligibility yet which scares me. I am really worried. I have the temporary extension however until September. Should I have applied under BOWP instead? Should I add my AOR to my application? Any feedback helps.

prnvlthra

Nov 4, 2017
Hy guys, please tell me if anybody knows the answer to this:
So I am going to apply for my work permit under the public policy but I already got approved for PNP (expired in Dec 2020) and filed for express entry ( paper-based in Nov 2020)
Now While applying I have few questions:

First: Should I select "apply for a new work permit or under new employer" OR " apply for an open work permit under the same employer"
because I don't want my new work permit to be restricted to one employer (i have PGWP open since it was issued)

Second: As my PNP is expired, should i select "YES" to the 8th option under "Details of intended work in canada" in imm form?
because they are just asking if it was "issued"

Any help and advice are much appreciated.
Thanks