+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

Amanpreet1186

Jul 10, 2020
My work permit extension under public policy was refused
I applied on April 12
Got refusal on April 20
Stating that not eligible to apply under public policy as work permit is valid till 2022/06/05
But my work permit is going to expire in July,2021
I have provide all the relevant documents attached LOE mentioning the reason that applying under public policy attached my work permit as well.
Same day I reached out to IRCC agent. She looked into my file and raise the reconsideration request. However they have not provided any timeframe. Im little worried now..
Can I apply for public policy again or should I wait for the decision as my job is at stake. Also, can I apply for OBWP after Aor as I got an invitation in the latest draw. Which will be the best option ? Thanks

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
My work permit extension under public policy was refused
I applied on April 12
Got refusal on April 20
Stating that not eligible to apply under public policy as work permit is valid till 2022/06/05
But my work permit is going to expire in July,2021
I have provide all the relevant documents attached LOE mentioning the reason that applying under public policy attached my work permit as well.
Same day I reached out to IRCC agent. She looked into my file and raise the reconsideration request. However they have not provided any timeframe. Im little worried now..
Can I apply for public policy again or should I wait for the decision as my job is at stake. Also, can I apply for OBWP after Aor as I got an invitation in the latest draw. Which will be the best option ? Thanks
Hi, did they mention why it got refused? Was there a letter given? Thank you

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, does anyone here got refused for their application? Or know someone that got denied? Does IRCC mention the reason for refusal? Thank you

Amanpreet1186

Jul 10, 2020
Hi, did they mention why it got refused? Was there a letter given? Thank you
Yes! I got the letter stating that I don’t qualify under public policy as my work permit expires on 2022/06/05.
Which is not true my work permit experience in July, 2021 that’s why the reconsideration was done but I’m worried now as I am left with only 2 months. So! Looking for other options, should I wait for my file to re-open or apply again?

Irisclaire

Jul 10, 2018
Yes! I got the letter stating that I don’t qualify under public policy as my work permit expires on 2022/06/05.
Which is not true my work permit experience in July, 2021 that’s why the reconsideration was done but I’m worried now as I am left with only 2 months. So! Looking for other options, should I wait for my file to re-open or apply again?
Hi, IRCC also made a mistake in my application. I got approved, but got approved under a wrong category. It was at the beginning of March, I sent a webform back then and got a response that my request was transferred to a different department. Until now I haven’t heard back, so I didn’t want to wait longer and consulted a lawyer, he said that if IRCC made a mistake I must re-apply :( kind of unfair to re-pay the processing fees, but I ended up reapplying today.
Hope it will help to make the decision

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
When we are uploading the explanation letter for the public policy, are we going to upload it under client information? Thank you

Mar 8, 2021
Thank you. But in the first place, when we apply, we can upload the explanation in the client information box right? I just forget to right the main point in my letter.
Correct. We can mention all the details in LOE and can be uploaded under client information.