+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day, does anyone of you receive this kind of mail from IRCC??

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number (UCI number) as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until August 24, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

will it take longer for the final decision? Thanks

Mar 8, 2021
Good day, does anyone of you receive this kind of mail from IRCC??

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number (UCI number) as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until August 24, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

will it take longer for the final decision? Thanks
Yes. it depends, mine took almost 3 months, some people got approved in 15 days. Wait and watch

Mar 8, 2021
Even with this kind of letter, there’s a chance that they will make their final decision within 15 days? Thankyou
If you have already attached a letter with your application then, yes, that can be approved in 15 days. But if you send the letter through web form then it might take more than 15 days.

Reactions: Malibu25

AiT87

Apr 14, 2021
Hello everyone,
I applied on April 15 with restoration, and I had a visitor record application in progress.
Both my application got approved today on April 28.
FYI, I found out by loging in and checking my account frequently, but so far I haven’t received any notification email about my application status update which is weird.

Good luck.
Hope everyone will get the approval soon.

Cheers

Reactions: Vinami
Mar 8, 2021
Hello everyone,
I applied on April 15 with restoration, and I had a visitor record application in progress.
Both my application got approved today on April 28.
FYI, I found out by loging in and checking my account frequently, but so far I haven’t received any notification email about my application status update which is weird.

Good luck.
Hope everyone will get the approval soon.

Cheers
You will receive an email tomorrow.

Henry Lee

Apr 28, 2021
I applied on April 15th(midnight to 16th). I have everything to be ready for the new program, but work permit.
I also have a visitor record application in progress(200 days so far). However, I haven’t applied with restoration because I have implied status(visitor record) and I explained it in the letter.
Hope I will get approval this week, so I can start working on next Monday.

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
need help
is there anyone on the same boat?
applied on apr 23 under public policy,(without letter of explanation) current work permit is valid till june 18, 2021
got an update on 25th april that i am authorized to work with same condition until august 22,2021 or decision is made whatever comes first
got a refusal letter stating that i have not demonstrated the eligibility for an open work permit and my prospective employer is responsible for obtaining LMIA. STATUS remains the same. i.e. till june 18, 2021
re applied same day on april 29, 2021 along with new application fees and letter of explanation.
hoping to get approved this time.
please let me know if anyone has applied without letter and got approved or after providng a letter got approved.
i am also waiting for my PCC as i am a PNP CANDIDATE UNDER express entry from nova scotia. i received invitaion on march 31st 2021 and have to submit all the documents before june 30, 2021.

Reactions: fyngurko
Mar 8, 2021
need help
applied on apr 23 under public policy,(without letter of explanation) current work permit is valid till june 18, 2021
got an update on 25th april that i am authorized to work with same condition until august 22,2021 or decision is made whatever comes first
got a refusal letter stating that i have not demonstrated the eligibility for an open work permit and my prospective employer is responsible for obtaining LMIA. STATUS remains the same. i.e. till june 18, 2021
re applied same day on april 29, 2021 along with new application fees and letter of explanation.
please let me know if anyone has applied without letter and got approved or after providng a letter got approved.
i am also waiting for my PCC as i am a PNP CANDIDATE UNDER express entry from nova scotia. i received invitaion on march 31st 2021 and have to submit all the documents before june 30, 2021.
I applied for my work permit application without a letter and after that no updates for two months. When I realize that I forgot to submit a letter, I did it through a web form and finally got approved last week.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
need help
Hi, when or how many days after did you receive the letter that your application was refused? Thank you.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, does a valid job offer only means LMIA jobs? What if I am not under LMIA? is it no considered as job offer? Thanks

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day everyone, can someone please explain what LMIA is? Does every employer here in Canada offers LMIA? Thank you

Amanpreet1186

Jul 10, 2020
Hi, IRCC also made a mistake in my application. I got approved, but got approved under a wrong category. It was at the beginning of March, I sent a webform back then and got a response that my request was transferred to a different department. Until now I haven’t heard back, so I didn’t want to wait longer and consulted a lawyer, he said that if IRCC made a mistake I must re-apply :( kind of unfair to re-pay the processing fees, but I ended up reapplying today.
Hope it will help to make the decision
Thanks for your reply! May I know if you get any update as of now on your application regarding the work permit extension.