+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Questions

khaugseth

Aug 31, 2018
Hello!

My common- law partner and I are applying for PR and an open work permit at the same time, and I have a few questions about form 5710e:

On Question 3, We have to check one or more of the following boxes and aren't sure which one to choose:
-Apply for a work permit with the same employer
-Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
-Restore my status as a worker
-Get a new temporary resident permit

My partner is currently in Canada on an IEC visa that is valid until January 2019.

The form also asks for fixed dates for 'duration of expected employment'- He will need the open work permit until PR is granted. Which date should we select for duration?

Thanks!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Since it's an open work permit, you don't need to put anything under duration of employment, field of work, employer, etc. Those don't apply to you. Those questions are there for other kinds of permits, as noted in that question you posted (if you're extending with the same employer and the like.) I remember there being about five or so questions where we just put N/A. No issues and got my permit on schedule.

Timaero

Sep 27, 2018
Since it's an open work permit, you don't need to put anything under duration of employment, field of work, employer, etc. Those don't apply to you. Those questions are there for other kinds of permits, as noted in that question you posted (if you're extending with the same employer and the like.) I remember there being about five or so questions where we just put N/A. No issues and got my permit on schedule.

Hi, issue with filling imm5710 form for BOWP.I am just gonna leave this here hoping a good samaritan sees it and comes to my aid.
*DURATION OF EXPECTED EMPLOYMENT*

CURRENT SITUATION
Employment: full time continuous since 2015 Nov 13th
PGOWP expires 2018 Oct 27th
Passport expires 2020 June 15th

Applying for a bridging work permit to allow me work with same employer while PR is processed.