+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work permit - processing time?

napoleon1er

Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

We applied for the in canada common-law sponsorship and sent the open work permit at the same time. This on Feb 10th 2016. No news or status received so far...My common-law is Mexican but is living in Canada for now 2 years with consecutive 1 year student/work visa.... I am natural born canadian.

Would anyone know what is the processing time we should expect for the open work permit to be received?

Thank you - much appreciated any help on this.

Thanks

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
napoleon1er said:
Hi,

We applied for the in canada common-law sponsorship and sent the open work permit at the same time. This on Feb 10th 2016. No news or status received so far...My common-law is Mexican but is living in Canada for now 2 years with consecutive 1 year student/work visa.... I am natural born canadian.

Would anyone know what is the processing time we should expect for the open work permit to be received?

Thank you - much appreciated any help on this.

Thanks
You should wait till 4 months, and id 4 months have already passed then call CIC to follow up for your partner's permit :) all November got their OWP already but us December still waiting for it to come. Hopefully by next week they will issue our OWp as I inquired last 2 weeks ago and they said that my OWP is in process now.

napoleon1er

Mar 17, 2016
Thanks a lot for the info.

If I understand your point is that you sent yours OPW in November... and you are still waiting for it? But its in process.

Thanks

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
napoleon1er said:
Thanks a lot for the info.

If I understand your point is that you sent yours OPW in November... and you are still waiting for it? But its in process.

Thanks
November applicants was the luckiest applicants as they received their OWP within 3 months or so. I am December applicant and still my OWP is in process but I guess they will send it to me by next week.

jailbird2569

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
erwinjohn997 said:
November applicants was the luckiest applicants as they received their OWP within 3 months or so. I am December applicant and still my OWP is in process but I guess they will send it to me by next week.
What makes you think you'll get yours by next week? (I'm in the same boat as you)

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
hi..I tried to find a better place to ask this question but couldn't find; forum is very big.

I will apply for common-law from Vancouver at the end of April 2016. Application process takes 26 months. My gf(born Canadian ) is sponsoring me. I have a post graduate work permit that expires in February of 2017 which is before the processing time (26 months)

My question is: which work permit should I apply for? open work permit, bridge work permit etc. form number please. ?

I would like to apply online since processing time is shorter than paper application, is that ok? or should I apply paper with my coomon-law application?

robertsplash

Mar 23, 2016
Code:
It took me 3 months, I just got it.

So you should expect no less that 3-4 months...

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
robertsplash said:
Code:

Congratulations Robert!

Puduru

May 2, 2016
Hi,

Congratulations Robert!

I have applied in March for OWP so i need to wait till July to get my visa right.

Netous15

Oct 30, 2017
Code:

Do they start counting the day the application is received (actually arrives at their office) or from the day they start processing the application?

Netous15

Oct 30, 2017
Date of receipt.
Sorry to bother again, I received my UCI with an email saying they’ve received my application. I’ve linked it to my online account and I can see it there, but it only shows my PR application doesn’t say anything about OWP. Is this normal? Is there a way to check the status of my OWP application?

Erin Lynsay

Dec 1, 2017
Vancouver
Sorry to bother again, I received my UCI with an email saying they’ve received my application. I’ve linked it to my online account and I can see it there, but it only shows my PR application doesn’t say anything about OWP. Is this normal? Is there a way to check the status of my OWP application?
I don't know the answer to your question, but here is a timeline of events as experienced by others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1524155556

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's normal. As far as I know, there is no way to check the status of the OWP app.