06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi Y'all!

I still not able to link OWP application for whatever reason...
The thing is that many July applicants have been receiving OWP approvals these days, so ours must be closer.
One specific fella from July also couldn't link OWP app until today and just got OWP approved.
Another guy that applied one week before him got nothing and when called IRCC the agent told him no one have opened the OWP app until today...and said probably by November.

I'll keep trying to link OWP but I'm won't worry too much, people say once they start processing OWP it could get approved at the same day.

Reactions: BR_ESL

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
It worked! It says it was received on September 5 when my application wasn't submitted till September 13, which is weird lol. But we're all linked now! Now I just need to stop compulsively checking it.....
Gongrats @ldoell! So then let the waiting games begin! LOL. Ours also said Sep 5 when the app was received on Sep 12 - perhaps it's the date we signed on the OWP application. If Canada Post strike doesn't affect the delivery time, I am expecting it in the first or second week of December.

Im sorry, Im having a hard time following. I JUST linked my PR application through my husbands (the sponsor) Banking. the only application showing is for PR. I then created my own account and also linked the PR application. I am not seeing any information for an OWP. They were sent at the same time. As well as an extension for Visitor Visa. Do I just need to wait for that information or am I missing a step here?
@kareng1011, Although you submitted your PR and OWP together, these are still 2 different applications. So you need to link them individually, one by one, on your own MyCIC using your UCI number. Same thing with the extension of your Visitors Visa.

Reactions: ldoell

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Gongrats @ldoell! So then let the waiting games begin! LOL. Ours also said Sep 5 when the app was received on Sep 12 - perhaps it's the date we signed on the OWP application. If Canada Post strike doesn't affect the delivery time, I am expecting it in the first or second week of December.

@kareng1011, Although you submitted your PR and OWP together, these are still 2 different applications. So you need to link them individually, one by one, on your own MyCIC using your UCI number. Same thing with the extension of your Visitors Visa.
Oh I see, so I should just keep checking my account to see if I get information regarding my OWP? I have my Application number for the PR. But nothing else..? The only option for linking under MyCIC is the PR (spouse). I don’t even see where to look for OWP. Sorry, I feel like I’m missing the obvious

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Oh I see, so I should just keep checking my account to see if I get information regarding my OWP? I have my Application number for the PR. But nothing else..? The only option for linking under MyCIC is the PR (spouse). I don’t even see where to look for OWP. Sorry, I feel like I’m missing the obvious
This might help:
First, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Scroll down and click on Continue with GCKey
Sign in or Sign up and then Sign in with the Principal Applicants credentials (yours)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the Principal Applicant's UCI Number (yours - should be the same 8 digit number on your Visitor's Visa)
Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name (yours)
Select: Passport (yours) and fill in the details
Select Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada (if you are Inland applicant; otherwise, your current country of residence)
Current Marital Status: Married or Common-law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Im sorry, Im having a hard time following. I JUST linked my PR application through my husbands (the sponsor) Banking. the only application showing is for PR. I then created my own account and also linked the PR application. I am not seeing any information for an OWP. They were sent at the same time. As well as an extension for Visitor Visa. Do I just need to wait for that information or am I missing a step here?
You can link the OWP using the applicant UCI and Passport Detail. I was able to link mine the same day I got AOR.

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
oh I finally see! Thank you! EXCEPT, lol. I dont have a visitor visa, I just come over with a passport! :). so, hmmmm... How do I get a UCI?

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
oh I finally see! Thank you! EXCEPT, lol. I dont have a visitor visa, I just come over with a passport! :). so, hmmmm... How do I get a UCI?
If I remember correctly, you specifically said you submitted your PR application and OWP plus
As well as an extension for Visitor Visa
all together at the same time.
Did your sponsor receive an email with his UCI and Application number yet?

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys,
Applying inland spousal sponsorship and
I got my AOR on September 26.
Now since then I have been unable to link my application to my CIC account. I am the PA and my sponsor recieved the AOR email with the UCI and Application number which we use to log in to eCAS were the application for PR says it is being processed. So we can log in that way but still can't link account, have tried everyway, UCI and given name, UCI and app number, etc.. We are both worried now as I applied for OWP as well but since can't link PR app I can't get PA UCI for linking OWP to my CIC. I'm thinking could it be my destination to live in Canada but Im 99% sure I said Vancouver. Any help is appreciated.
Dan.

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
If I remember correctly, you specifically said you submitted your PR application and OWP plus all together at the same time.
Did your sponsor receive an email with his UCI and Application number yet?
Yes he did. I tried to use his UCI but it “couldn’t find it”

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Yes he did. I tried to use his UCI but it “couldn’t find it”
I am sure you are overwhelmed with all these application processes and stuff... but seriously!? what's the point of someone responding to your questions if you don't pay attention and read them properly. I made it clear that you cannot use your sponsor's UCI. Your sponsor already has his Canadian PR or citizenship and he is not the one who is applying to get his OWP (you are!) He is only applying to sponsor you. I also already told you to use the Application Number below your sponsor's UCI number.
Please do me and yourself a favour, go back and carefully read them again. My apologies for all the ranting but seriously.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi guys,
Applying inland spousal sponsorship and
I got my AOR on September 26.
Now since then I have been unable to link my application to my CIC account. I am the PA and my sponsor recieved the AOR email with the UCI and Application number which we use to log in to eCAS were the application for PR says it is being processed. So we can log in that way but still can't link account, have tried everyway, UCI and given name, UCI and app number, etc.. We are both worried now as I applied for OWP as well but since can't link PR app I can't get PA UCI for linking OWP to my CIC. I'm thinking could it be my destination to live in Canada but Im 99% sure I said Vancouver. Any help is appreciated.
Dan.
Ok, so if you are using YOUR UCI (the one on your visa to Canada) to link your PR application on your account of MyCIC that's right. However, it's important to remember exactly what you filled in the forms. "Vancouver" can be mistaken if you live in Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, Delta... So make sure your Zip Code matches with the city you put in the forms you've sent to them and also the one you'll put in this page to link the application.
Not sure if you already know that...anyways! Good luck!

Reactions: Deh_avilla

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi, everyone!
Has anybody tried to check ECAS for the OWP?
When I checked ECAS with my UCI (principal aplicant's) it showed my PR application only.
So I am thinking that maybe the OWP will be there also?
Thanks!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hi, everyone!
Has anybody tried to check ECAS for the OWP?
When I checked ECAS with my UCI (principal aplicant's) it showed my PR application only.
So I am thinking that maybe the OWP will be there also?
Thanks!
Hi @BR_ESL,
eCAS is only for PR and Citizenship application status checks only. See the copied introduction below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
You may use this service if you have:
  • sponsored a member of the family class;
  • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
  • applied for a permanent resident card;
  • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
  • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen;
  • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
  • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
  • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Besides, I think you already know that it is better to use the sponsor's credentials on eCAS because it shows the sponsorship application status for the sponsor and the PR application status for the PA at the same time. So only way to check your OWP status is by linking it through MyCIC with your GCKey and credentials in which I believe you are having a trouble with.

Last edited:

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi @BR_ESL,
eCAS is only for PR and Citizenship application status checks only. See the copied introduction below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
You may use this service if you have:
  • sponsored a member of the family class;
  • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
  • applied for a permanent resident card;
  • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
  • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen;
  • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
  • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
  • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Besides, I think you already know that it is better to use the sponsor's credentials on eCAS because it shows the sponsorship application status for the sponsor and the PR application status for the PA at the same time. So only way to check your OWP status is by linking it through MyCIC with your GCKey and credentials in which I believe you are having a trouble with.
Oh, I see now.
Yes, that's right. I will wait a few more days to link my OWP with MyCIC - maybe they didn't start to process it yet.
Thank you for your explanation!
Best,

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
Just to state that I've linked my OWP!
I was worried the problem would be my Family Name - which is composed of 4 names - but thank God, it worked.
So, I received my AOR on the 20th and just now (23rd) I've got the linking. I've been trying every day since I've got the AOR.
As we've seen before, they said it was received on 21st but it got there on the 28th.
All links are done. Now I am just waiting...:):D