+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit from Spouse - Inside Canada vs Outside Canada?

szmmehta

Sep 13, 2013
Hello All,

I know the topic of Spousal Work Permit has been thoroughly discussed on this forum and I have gained a lot of insight on the same.
However, I do have a couple of questions of my own :
Let me set the context first : I am in Toronto, working with an IT Networking company on Work permit which is valid until Sept 2015.
My PR is in process and I am currently trying to add my spouse on the PR file.
While that process is ongoing, I would like to have my spouse to be able to come to Canada and more preferably be able to work while he is here.
The spouse,works as well in India and is also in the IT industry.

1. Is applying for an open work permit for him be simpler from outside Canada or from inside canada
(In the latter case, he would first come to Canada as a visitor and then apply for work permit, am I correct?)
Is there any difference in terms of simplicity, time frame and chances of being issued the permit in both cases ?

2. Where exactly is the list for the forms and documents to be submitted for this process?
Through this forum, I have learned about this link :

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work

but i am not too sure...
For eg , in the form IMM1295, they are asking for an LMO number and prospective employer information, none of which my spouse would have.
(even I do not/did not have an LMO number; I got work permit through a PGWP).

Is this the correct link and the list of documents? If so, can someone please explain regarding the above point?

Your experiences and advice would be greatly helpful!

- Thanks,

Manasi

szmmehta

Sep 13, 2013
:'(

Hey All ...

Could someone please reply to this post?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Manasi