+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit from India...Please Suggest

sanjana87

Oct 28, 2013
Hello everyone! My husband is doing his masters in University in Montreal, he is on a study permit which is valid till 30th Nov 2014. I am working in a MNC in Delhi from last 4 years. We got married in May this year.
I want to join my hubby in Montreal for which I applied TRV this month but the temporary visa aplication got rejected on grounds that the Visa Councellor doughts that I would come back to India. Now we decided to file a Open Work Permit for my self on plea that I am spouse of a International Student.We decided to apply for OWP online on CiC website.But after completing the questionaire I was asked to just upload 3 documents:-
1. IMM 1295 form 2.passport details 3. Digital photo.
I am a lot confused because the online system has not asked any details of our financial assets or my hubby study permit nor my family details.
Please suggest that should I go ahead and upload just the 3 documents stated above which are asked by the online system or should i follow different route.....
Your replies would be highly appriciated.
Thanks..

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Combine all Delhi visa office-specific/required documents into a single PDF file, together with your "letter of explanation" and upload (it should not exceed 4 MB though). Otherwise or if you can't do that, then submit a paper application.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
sanjana87 said:
Hello everyone! My husband is doing his masters in University in Montreal, he is on a study permit which is valid till 30th Nov 2014. I am working in a MNC in Delhi from last 4 years. We got married in May this year.
I want to join my hubby in Montreal for which I applied TRV this month but the temporary visa aplication got rejected on grounds that the Visa Councellor doughts that I would come back to India. Now we decided to file a Open Work Permit for my self on plea that I am spouse of a International Student.We decided to apply for OWP online on CiC website.But after completing the questionaire I was asked to just upload 3 documents:-
1. IMM 1295 form 2.passport details 3. Digital photo.
I am a lot confused because the online system has not asked any details of our financial assets or my hubby study permit nor my family details.
Please suggest that should I go ahead and upload just the 3 documents stated above which are asked by the online system or should i follow different route.....
Your replies would be highly appriciated.
Thanks..
Sanjana ,

I would suggest as you are in india you can submit the paper application in delhi that would be very helpful for you.

because in the paper application you can attached so many evidence which can shows your ties with your home country.

you can show your proof of your relationship ..

Make a strong the application .it's processing time is 3 months ..but success rate is high as compare to Visitor visa.

Research as much as you can then make the file or you can hire the expert lawyer from canada as your hubby is in canada he can assist you to file the application.

Play smartly this time as u have already got the rejection .

Rest up to u.

Regards
Rajan

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Hi

You can apply Online or paper. Wont make much of a difference in terms of time for processing.

When you submit questionnaires online, it will ask you to add Optional documents Schedule 1 & Letter of Explanation

You can add up all the documents like your spouses study permit, admission letter, marriage certificate, your company joining letter, pay stubs etc etc in letter of explanation i.e. Single PDF

PDF is like a zipped document and has capacity of compressing 20MB Word document to 4MB or less in PDF.

If you decide to hire a lawyer, there is a question on cic website where you need to answer "Are you giving access to a representative?" If you check this option. At the end you will receive "Representatives submission letter"

The above documents can be added to representative's submission letter, including lawyers Cover letter.

Choice is yours...If you are technically good and can scan and make all the documents in a single pdf, i would suggest you should go for Online. If not on a safer side go with paper submission.

OWP-S has more chances of approval than Visitor. Dont forget to mention bank statements and property papers which will make sure you will return to your home country.

Let me know if you have any other question

-Pooja

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
roop9 said:
Hi

You can apply Online or paper. Wont make much of a difference in terms of time for processing.

When you submit questionnaires online, it will ask you to add Optional documents Schedule 1 & Letter of Explanation

You can add up all the documents like your spouses study permit, admission letter, marriage certificate, your company joining letter, pay stubs etc etc in letter of explanation i.e. Single PDF

PDF is like a zipped document and has capacity of compressing 20MB Word document to 4MB or less in PDF.

If you decide to hire a lawyer, there is a question on cic website where you need to answer "Are you giving access to a representative?" If you check this option. At the end you will receive "Representatives submission letter"

The above documents can be added to representative's submission letter, including lawyers Cover letter.

Choice is yours...If you are technically good and can scan and make all the documents in a single pdf, i would suggest you should go for Online. If not on a safer side go with paper submission.

OWP-S has more chances of approval than Visitor. Dont forget to mention bank statements and property papers which will make sure you will return to your home country.

Let me know if you have any other question

-Pooja
Pooja Thank you very much for sharing your experience ..

Just let me know what we have to write in Letter of Explanation means to say what would in the matter and what would be the main focus of drafting.

and let me know how much the funds i have to show .

Regards
Rajan