+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse in privite school

a.b2606

Nov 11, 2015
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me.
I'm currently a full-time student in a private college in Toronto. My husband is here as a student as well, but he studies English.
I was wondering if we can apply for him to have an open work permit, even if I'm in a private school.
My program doesn't leed to a degree, but I know that the school is autorized to give degree programs.
Anyway, hope somebody can help me!!

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - he can't. You would need to be attending a public school in order for him to qualify:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

a.b2606

Nov 11, 2015
Ok, thank you!
Another question, his visa expires on april, but he wants to stay in Canada to start college on september.
Can he apply for a extension on his study permit (before it expires, of course) and remain in Canada until his classes begin?

greensmile

Nov 13, 2015
BANGLADESH
hi scyla !
I am from bangladesh. Completed graduation and post graduation in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. and have 2 years experience surgical equipment (jnj) .now want to go torono and take my wife at a time. I am applying as a student visa ,Pathway program (english language) which takes 1 year duration. and my wife will be dependent. you have the practical experience. please give me suggestion. what will be possibility to go and then ?

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
greensmile said:
hi scyla !
I am from bangladesh. Completed graduation and post graduation in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. and have 2 years experience surgical equipment (jnj) .now want to go torono and take my wife at a time. I am applying as a student visa ,Pathway program (english language) which takes 1 year duration. and my wife will be dependent. you have the practical experience. please give me suggestion. what will be possibility to go and then ?

thanks
That's an absolutely horrible course choice. First of all, there's a high chance your visa will be refused by CIC for not being a genuine student and CIC will see you as someone who is just trying to use this course as a way of immigrating to Canada. Secondly, you won't qualify for a post graduate work permit after you finish your studies - this means it will be next to impossible for you to find a job after you graduate. It will also be next to impossible for you to qualify for PR based on your education. Your wife will not qualify for an open work permit since this is a private school. And there's no guarantee her tourist visa will be approved.

If you want to come to Canada, take a real course like a Masters or a post graduate diploma from a public college. The Pathway program will be a waste of your money.

Apr 26, 2018
hi sir
Am from india and my wife full time student in private college.College have DLI number. and she have post graduate diploma for 2 year.can i apply open work permit?how much chances for visa ??
THANKS