29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Reactions: LeeTel and elomam

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I've got my GMCS notes and I'm pretty confused !!!
They state clearly that the application is under family class (outland) but they assigned my spouse as "Inland prospective".
So that means they are treating it as inland ?? Should I complain to IRCC ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've got my GMCS notes and I'm pretty confused !!!
They state clearly that the application is under family class (outland) but they assigned my spouse as "Inland prospective".
So that means they are treating it as inland ?? Should I complain to IRCC ?
Yes - they're treating your application as inland. But we already knew that based on your processing timeline and the fact you were issued an OWP.

Yes - you can certainly complain that your application is being processed through the wrong stream. However if they move your application to the outland stream, they may revoke your OWP. So that's something you should consider before you contact IRCC. If the OWP is very important to you, leave the application as inland.

ghostchovy

Dec 17, 2018
Do NOT follow elomam's example and do NOT follow his advice implying that it's valid to apply for an OWP with an outland spousal application. It is NOT.

I have verified with an immigration lawyer, an immigration consultant, and finally today I called CIC/IRCC directly and they confirmed that OWP is only part of the inland Spousal in Canada application and IS NOT available for outland applications.

I think it'd almost be better to just edit or delete some of your posts, elomam. I'm sorry to hear CIC screwed up your application. But some of this thread only serves to confuse prospective applicants into going down a path that won't work for them.

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Thank you for these comments and clarity.

One question: Can a person enter on visitor visa and then their spouse can apply for outland application? Can they be in Canada throughout the outland application or there can be issues?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you for these comments and clarity.

One question: Can a person enter on visitor visa and then their spouse can apply for outland application? Can they be in Canada throughout the outland application or there can be issues?
You can apply outland and remain in Canada the entire time as long as you maintain valid status.

anoop2u

Mar 27, 2020
A simple question to guys those who are defending against OWP for outland spousal sponsorship....If you get a approved visitor visa (TRV) to come to Canada, why cant you apply for a OWP still your outland application is process for decision. There is no where mentioned by IRCC that only inland applications can only for OWP. As long you reach Canada and have a temporary visa status you are eligible to apply for OWP.

anoop2u

Mar 27, 2020
Do NOT follow elomam's example and do NOT follow his advice implying that it's valid to apply for an OWP with an outland spousal application. It is NOT.

I have verified with an immigration lawyer, an immigration consultant, and finally today I called CIC/IRCC directly and they confirmed that OWP is only part of the inland Spousal in Canada application and IS NOT available for outland applications.

I think it'd almost be better to just edit or delete some of your posts, elomam. I'm sorry to hear CIC screwed up your application. But some of this thread only serves to confuse prospective applicants into going down a path that won't work for them.
A simple question to guys those who are defending against OWP for outland spousal sponsorship....If you get a approved visitor visa (TRV) to come to Canada, why cant you apply for a OWP still your outland application is process for decision. There is no where mentioned by IRCC that only inland applications can only for OWP. As long you reach Canada and have a temporary visa status you are eligible to apply for OWP...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A simple question to guys those who are defending against OWP for outland spousal sponsorship....If you get a approved visitor visa (TRV) to come to Canada, why cant you apply for a OWP still your outland application is process for decision. There is no where mentioned by IRCC that only inland applications can only for OWP. As long you reach Canada and have a temporary visa status you are eligible to apply for OWP...
No - you cannot apply for an OWP.

Yes - this is specifically stated on the IRCC web site. Outland applicants do not qualify.

See my response to your other thread.