+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit for Inland Applicants Timeline & Updates

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I've not seen a specific thread for the OWP application timelines for inland applicants. As someone who's currently (anxiously) waiting to work, I'm wondering if there are others out there who might have updates about their applications.

My OWP app was sent to Mississauga, physically received July 3rd, online account says my Date Received was June 26th.

Anyone from earlier in the summer get their OWP yet? Anyone else want to share their timelines?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
I've not seen a specific thread for the OWP application timelines for inland applicants. As someone who's currently (anxiously) waiting to work, I'm wondering if there are others out there who might have updates about their applications.

My OWP app was sent to Mississauga, physically received July 3rd, online account says my Date Received was June 26th.

Anyone from earlier in the summer get their OWP yet? Anyone else want to share their timelines?
Hi there,
Yes the wait is terrible, but relief when you see the change feels amazing :)
My timeline is as follows.
App received by CIC - May 30th
AOR received - July 11th
Online approval of OWP - August 7th(but I think it was approved on the 4th because that is the expiry date in 2 years for the permit, there was a glitch in the system from the Aug 4th-7th I believe)
Physical OWP - Still waiting :p, hopefully Aug 10th/11th

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi there,
Yes the wait is terrible, but relief when you see the change feels amazing :)
My timeline is as follows.
App received by CIC - May 30th
AOR received - July 11th
Online approval of OWP - August 7th(but I think it was approved on the 4th because that is the expiry date in 2 years for the permit, there was a glitch in the system from the Aug 4th-7th I believe)
Physical OWP - Still waiting :p, hopefully Aug 10th/11th
U mean September not august

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
My status updated to "Review of Eligibility" today. From what I've seen on this forum, this can change to "Approved" the same day. Fingers crossed.

Application received: July 3rd
AOR: August 9th
Status "Review of Eligibility": September 25th