+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit for a spouse of SP holder

VP1402

Nov 16, 2018
hi everyone,
I have received the refusal letter stating that they are not satisfied that I am a spouse of a student in Canada who is actively engaged in full-time studies at a designated institution.
Regarding my case, We married after my wife got a SP, is it a reasons for the refusal? I did included a lot of our photos, marriage certificate in application but it seems not help much.
If anyone have experience about this please share....

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
They are not satisfied that you're the spouse or they are not satisfied that you will fulfil the requirements of the work permit and would leave Canada at the end of your stay?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
hi everyone,
I have received the refusal letter stating that they are not satisfied that I am a spouse of a student in Canada who is actively engaged in full-time studies at a designated institution.
Regarding my case, We married after my wife got a SP, is it a reasons for the refusal? I did included a lot of our photos, marriage certificate in application but it seems not help much.
in which year and month you got married?

and in which year and month you applied for SOWP?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone,
You need to prove that you are in a relationship. Proof that you are married doesn’t mean that you are in a relationship. People who get married after their spouse’s SP is approved and then apply for SOWP are under increased suspicion because that is what people who have marriages of conveniences also do. If you had an arranged marriage and haven’t spent much time together, including living together, you may not get an SOWP on your first attempt. You may need to wait until the relationship develops more. Is your spouse currently studying full-time in Canada? In a publicnuniversity or college?

VP1402

Nov 16, 2018
My refusal letter from CIC:

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you are the spouse of a student in Canada who is actively engaged in full-time studies at a designated institution.

Sincerely,

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

VP1402

Nov 16, 2018
She is studying Master degree in Winnipeg university. she completed 1st year with 3.2 GPA, then postponed her program because she returned to homeland to have a marriage with me, then she returned to studying EAP program (full-time) because her second year only opens on September 2020. Is it a true reason of the refusal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She is studying Master degree in Winnipeg university. she completed 1st year with 3.2 GPA, then postponed her program because she returned to homeland to have a marriage with me, then she returned to studying EAP program (full-time) because her second year only opens on September 2020. Is it a true reason of the refusal?
Yes you were refused because you didn’t qualify for SOWP. English courses do not qualify for SOWP. When she returns to her masters program you can apply again if she has more than 6 months left in her studies.